Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 18:40   #1
Darin
Administrator

Car: Ex-works Lancer Turbo WRC, 'Long Way Round' Shogun and a few bikes
My Car
* 2010 Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series Calendar *

The 2010 Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series details:

DATES, VENUES & CIRCUITS
  • Saturday 20 March – SILVERSTONE: New Stowe Circuit, approx 2.5km, no noise limit
  • Friday 23 April – OULTON PARK: Full Rally Circuit, 105dBA
  • Friday 21 May - ROCKINGHAM MOTOR SPEEDWAY: National Circuit, 2.7km, 105dBA
  • Friday 11 June - CASTLE COMBE: Full Circuit, approx 3km, 105dBA
  • Sunday 25 July – INGLISTON, EDINBURGH: Circuit TBC, 105dBA
  • Friday 6 August – TEESSIDE AUTODROME: International Circuit, approx 2.5km 103dBA
  • MLRSS FINAL 2 October - SILVERSTONE

ENTRY FEES:
  • SILVERSTONE - £129
  • OULTON PARK - £129
  • ROCKINGHAM - £129
  • CASTLE COMBE - £129
  • ROYAL HIGHLAND SHOWGROUND, EDINBURGH - £89
  • TEESSIDE AUTODROME - £109

DISCOUNTS:
For 2010 we’re introducing the following discounts;
  • 25% off your first MLR Sprint (you must be an MLR member and limited to a maximum of 20 places per round – first come first served)
  • 15% discount - 5 sprints in advance eg: 4 x £129 1 x £109 = £625: £93.75 discount. Total = £531.26
  • 10% discount - 4 sprints in advance eg: 4 x £129 = £516: £51.60 discount. Total = £464.40
Please note: All discounted places must be booked direct and in full by calling 08451 25 26 23, are non-transferrable, non-refundable and do not apply to reserved places

RESERVE A PLACE:
Reserve places can be booked by paying a non-refundable £50 per event through the MLR Shop or by calling the MLR on 08451 25 26 23, and are not eligible for the above discounts. It is your responsibility to pay the balance within 30 days of the event by contacting the MLR on the above number.

Please Note: If a round provisionally fills with reserve places this does NOT necessarily mean the event is full. In this instance a non-reserved list of drivers will be created and any places that become available (within 30 days of each round) will be offered to these non-reserved list in the order they’re recorded

BOOKINGS:
Places can be booked now for all rounds (except the Final) through the MLR Shop or by calling the MLR direct on 08451 25 26 23
*** Please be aware of the MLR's Cancellation Policy ***

TUITION:
Tuition with a professional instructor is included free of charge when booking a Class T place at any MLRSS round. Class T bookings are eligible for all classes and entitle you to 4 runs with the instructor. Class T times do not go on the leaderboard and can only be booked as your first Sprint

Tuition can also be booked with a professional instructor separately and in advance at £30. This entitles you to 4 runs at any time throughout the event. Additional bookings can be taken on the day if places are available. Note: If no Class T or advance tuition bookings are taken prior to the event, no instructors will be present on the day

EVENT PROGRAMME:
The programme of each MLRSS event will follow the basic format and timings as shown below. Any changes to these for individual events will be made public beforehand via the MLR Forum
  • 8:00 Registration. Any competitor not signed on by 9.00 am may be excluded
  • 8:45 Briefing will take place for all drivers
  • 9:00 Sighting laps – compulsory for all drivers
  • 9:30 Practice runs start
  • 12:30 Lunch
  • 13:00 First Timed Runs start
  • 16:30 Event closes and trophies awarded

SCRUTINEERING:
All cars will be scrutineered to check they are registered in the correct Class. This will be done throughout the morning as a designated area in the paddock. It is the drivers responsibility to ensure their car is scrutineered. Cars will receive a “Passed” sticker when successfully scrutineered, and will not be able to take part in the competitive rounds (afternoon) until they have passed. We reserve the right to scrutineer cars more than once during the day and datalog cars

RUNNING ORDER:
Although all cars will run in number order, the numbers will be allocated randomly and not by class. It will be each driver’s responsibility to ensure they are in the correct place in the running order. If you are not in the correct place your run will be forfeited. If any driver decides not to take part in a run, they should inform an MLR official so the timekeepers know that run will be forfeited

TIMED RUNS:
We intend all drivers will have a minimum of four practice runs in the morning (and a maximum of eight). The competitive runs will start immediately after the lunchbreak and there will be a maximum of eight runs. All runs will be timed and recorded and displayed at the Registration area, but only the competitive runs will count towards the official times and results for the competitors

INCOMPLETE ROUND:
If a round of competitive runs is not completed by the entire field (due to accident, weather, etc), all times recorded from that round will be excluded from the results

SCORING:
All drivers will score points relative to their overall finishing position on the day which will be recorded on the MLRSS leaderboard. There will also be points awarded for all drivers on the individual Class leaderboards. The 2010 points system will be published shortly

ADDITIONAL POINTS:
An additional “Joker" is being introduced for 2010 which will award an additional 20% of your overall finishing position (not Class position) points on the day. The Joker can only be played once and must be stated either before the event or at Driver Registration on the day, and once declared can not be withdrawn for any reason.
An additional 25 point bonus will also be automatically awarded for taking part in four rounds

MLRSS LEADER BOARD:
The MLRSS leader board will cumulatively add all competitors’ points from each round throughout the year. The best four results from each competitor will count towards their overall final score. This will allow drivers to miss three rounds or discount their worst three results.
In the event of a tie the winner will be decided by taking an average of the times from the rounds in which they both competed, the winner having the best overall average

TROPHIES:
Per Round: MLRSS trophies will be awarded to each Class Winner on the day
The Series: The overall MLRSS Champion, and 2nd & 3rd place runners up and the overall Class Champions will be awarded trophies

COMPULSORY SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
It is compulsory for all occupants to wear a crash helmet which is properly fastened and have arms and legs covered – preferably by natural fibre clothing at each event. Helmets must conform to British Standards and should fit properly. Seat belts or safety harnesses must be worn at all times when on the circuit

ADVISORY SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
We strongly advise the wearing of a 2 layer Proban or Nomex race suit. Fire extinguishers must be securely mounted

PASSENGERS:
Passengers are allowed in the front seat of the car only and must meet the compulsory safety equipment regulations as shown above

VIDEO CAMERAS:
Video or bullet cameras are allowed but must be securely mounted to the car using the proper mounts.
Note: Silverstone (and possibly other venues in 2010) do not allow cameras to be mounted internally on suction mounts but require all cameras to be bolted to a rollcage

INSURANCE:
Unless you have taken steps to insure your Evo for the MLR Sprints Series it’s very unlikely it will be insured, so please check your policy to see if cover extends to this type of event. All policies taken out with the MLR insurance broker Pace Ward can include cover for all MLR Sprints at an additional charge. Please contact Pace Ward for further details; 01782 286311

TYRES:
Protyre Motorsport are supporting the 2010 MLR Pace Ward Sprint Series and will be attending every round. Competitors taking part in the 2010 Sprint Series will be able to purchase tyres at preferential rates, and have them delivered or brought to the circuit for fitting if they have a spare set of wheels. Please contact Shaun or Jason at Protyre for further details; 01782 411001
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:56   #2
kins
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo VI RS
My Car
Send a message via MSN to kins Send a message via Skype™ to kins
Looks good Darin
kins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 19:11   #3
Unobtainium
Senior User

My Car
Nice and early march 20th
Old 01-01-2010, 19:14   #4
Senior User

Car: Too many come and go
My Car
Better pull my finger out!
Mat@MG Autos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 19:15   #5
leecavturbo

Car: Evo8 MG Full Cosworth 2.2L/r stroker,Blouch xtr760,syvecs 9.8sec 30-130
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAT View Post
Better pull my finger out!
you'll **** it
leecavturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 19:18   #6
Senior User

I can only do 5 of those, so I will book all 5 soon to get the discount
Corky@LTS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 19:40   #7
andy i
Senior User

Car: a special one
My Car
Interesting!!
Old 01-01-2010, 20:01   #8
Senior User

Whoever is driving on the picture on the home page looks talented
Old 01-01-2010, 20:14   #9
neverneverman
Life after Evo= Elise

Car: The money pit has gone ! Lotus Elise now
My Car
try the name on the window .. lol
neverneverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 21:14   #10
monkeynuts1
Official MLRSS Snapper

Car: Chic Citroen DS3 Weasel burner With Added Garlic!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] Performance View Post
Whoever is driving on the picture on the home page looks talented
But Who took the pic better get my pak-a-mac sorted then ................Steve

Like my new Face Book Page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180
monkeynuts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 21:49   #11
super rover
acting daft since 1969

Car: E7 RS RALLY CAR
My Car
looks like im in for some match practice ,2 events i had planned are the day before rallys ive got planned also

Sir winston churchill
super rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 21:52   #12
neverneverman
Life after Evo= Elise

Car: The money pit has gone ! Lotus Elise now
My Car
Same here i've got a 3 day sprint ! Teesside Friday then Harewood Sat and sunday ..
neverneverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 21:58   #13
monkeynuts1
Official MLRSS Snapper

Car: Chic Citroen DS3 Weasel burner With Added Garlic!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverneverman View Post
Same here i've got a 3 day sprint ! Teesside Friday then Harewood Sat and sunday ..
better not bend it friday then

Like my new Face Book Page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180
monkeynuts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 22:04   #14
super rover
acting daft since 1969

Car: E7 RS RALLY CAR
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverneverman View Post
i could manage 2 days but id struggle on 3 ,its not the competition its just the crap sleep in either tents ot the back of the van that gets me allong with the diet of luke warm coffee and murder burgers

Sir winston churchill
super rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 22:16   #15
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by super rover View Post
i could manage 2 days but id struggle on 3 ,its not the competition its just the crap sleep in either tents ot the back of the van that gets me allong with the diet of luke warm coffee and murder burgers
Sounds like heaven to me
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: