Lancer Register Forum banner

New Car, Diamondbrite?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fraser360mr 
#1 ·
So I've bought a new car and I'm collecting it later this week. The garage have offered to use diamondbrite on the body and seats to protect them but it's £360.... Does come with a snazzy cleaning bag though :mhihi:

My gut says snake oil, but I'm hoping someone on here can either verify or deny :handsup:

Anyone have an alternative suggestion on products as I really don't have the enthusiasm to be washing and waxing it on a weekly basis being as it'll be my main work vehicle. Or am I best using some AutoGylm HD wax and TRY to top it up once a year? :smthumbup

#2 ·
Waste of £360 IMO.

Much better products on the market and if you have that sort of money to spend you would be better off putting it towards a good detailing company who would give a much better service.

Reactions: Ads9
#3 ·
I agree, spend the money on getting a decent local detailer to give it a new car enhancement and then protect it with something better. Just bear in mind that if you go down this route you will have to stick to 2 bucket washes etc to keep the paint in good condition.

Edit - just seen that it's a workhorse. Spend the cash on the Evo instead!

#5 ·
Cheers for the response, decided to google my local detailers and have booked it in elsewhere for a ceramic coating, this is going to take them 2 days rather than 30 mins at the dealer. Shame it's now nearer £400 :lol:

Might have to get them to look at the Evo if it is that shiny.....

#7 ·
Defo use a detailer, go for a proper ceramic like Gtechniq or Gyeon Quarts which actually last on the car unlike diamond brite and auto Glym lifeshine which are just paint sealants which just wash off! + dealerships just do it for sales commission for the sales man! It will also take the valeter an hour or so to apply, and they give you a bag of
Cleaning products to look after the car which is pretty much what your paying for!
Stay away from dealership paint protection, pay a professional who will prep and apply a proper product :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.