Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 8 mr silver paint match

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jwilko 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I've recently purchased a evo 9 rear bumper for my 8.
Dropped the new bumper off to my sprayer who I've used a couple of times for other cars and has been fine, gave him my paint code a31 cool silver.
Picked the bumper up a couple of weeks later as he's been busy to go get fitted while my car was having some work done at another garage. Upon going to fit the bumper it was way off with a tint of blue. Sprayer had the bumper back along with my 8 bumper to get paint matched and start again. Had it back a few days later and it's still off but is better than befor. Anyway he wants the car back to spray it again..... I've been told silver is a ba****d to match but surely it can be closer than it is.

How close do you think it can be matched befor I say ok I'm happy with that. Or is it a case of me never being truly happy with it because I am quite fussy and need to allow for age,plastic to metal. Sprayer did mention blending it out into the arches but I don't really want those touched.... what if I were to have a rear end then we are back to square 1 and I've got odd arches ?
Starting to think I should just get the whole car wrapped 😑😑

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool silver metallic code a31 is the right base colure but I would of taken car to a paint match place because of age and fade but this can show a different shade if the metallic is not laid down proper your sprayer should know but I would have blended myself:smthumbup

#3 ·
I'll speak to him and see what's best, he mentioned taking the car this time to have it matched too, depending on how close he can get it I may let him do the arches to take your eye off it. Just a didn't think I'd have so much hassle all for a 9 rear bumper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.