Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo X Folding Wing Mirrors

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  stu8 
#1 ·
My passenger side wing mirror has been playing up for ages.

Rarely works when i unlock / lock car or press the button. Seems to work about 1/10times.

Motor sounds like it's worn out or broken. Only ever seems to work after it's been sitting there for days.

Is it possible to replace the motor/mechanism or does the whole unit need to be replaced?

Does anyone have the Mitsubishi part number and cost so i can potentially order one.

#2 ·
Might be able to get a second hand one on here from someone who has replaced there standard with carbon mirrors :smthumbup

try putting up a wanted thread :D

#3 ·
Whole unit, or second hand. Whole units available now travel slower than the originals, when i open mine 1 opens 2 or 3 seconds before the other

I looked into repairing these a while ago, I may have found a fix, but again it will travel slower than original. The parts you need are special order for :mitsi: and the manufacturer wont give out the spec of the parts or sell them to anyone else :wallbang: :mitsi: wont sell the parts, only complete mirrors

Stu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.