Lancer Register Forum banner

How many Evo owners protect there Evo with an Air Chamber?

4K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  RichW 
#1 ·
How many Evo owners protect there pride and joy with an Air Chamber?

Evo's are getting older, and, we all want to look after them, but, is an Air Chamber really worth the hype/cost?

#8 ·
I had one for mine a few years back but it was an absolute nightmare getting it in and out, I finally got it down to about 30 minutes solo.

Before it inflates you have to drag the cover over the car, the instructions say roll it down from the roof but it's quite heavy and simply slides off a polished car. I questioned just how much damage it could do to the paintwork?

It does keep the car clean and dry but no more than a well ventilated garage with a dehumidifier.

The zips are also very vulnerable with being driven over.

#13 ·
Got to agree with the above really. As much as I like evos they are just a relatively cheap jap saloon car. Even if say the top of the tree evos are worth say £30k that still makes it less expensive than a lot of daily cars on the road and a a lot cheaper than many classic cars. Think it's a bit over the top really and surely can't make financial sence when take on storage / cost of bubble costs.... Each to their own tho :)

#14 ·
I think the value of the car is irrelevant. Just because the car is only worth say 30k why can i not look after it and keep it pristine? Besides that, I worked bloody hard to buy it in the first place, why wouldn't i want to look after it?

Plus, in my mind the car's value is not totally measured in pound notes, it's measured in what it means to me. They are becoming very rare, more so in good condition, hence the reason i take as much car of mine as i possibly can.

:smthumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.