Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 9 Re-Spray Problem

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  super rover 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Just after some help, Had my car fully restored all rust out taken back and re-sprayed however during the summer the bonnet developed a hair line crack in the paint coming from the driver screen wash jet.

The bonnet was mad hot and after time its developed into a large split in the paint.
The spray shop said they will fix this without charge however. It there anything I can do to stop this.
The heat shied it in great nick and in place however this is the hottest part of the engine and I don't want it to crack again.

Any advice would be great.
Also worth noting that the pain before the re-spray was fine even after track days.

Cheers
Dex

#2 ·
Also worth noting that the pain before the re-spray was fine even after track days.
I think you have answered your own question.

I would say this has been an issue with the paint rather than any other underlying problem.

#3 ·
Hi Phil,
Mate a appreciate the reply, The spray guy did say it could have been a little thick round there, I guess I just don't want to get it back put it away for winter then come summer it happens again, Just wondered if I could do anything to prevent it.

Cheers man

Dex

#5 ·
I know nothing about paint, but the standard paint jobs on cars don't do this, mine has been resprayed and doesn't do this, so I can only come to the conclusion that the fault lies with whoever did the respray and rather than doing anything to "prevent" it you just need a better job done in the first place.

#7 ·
TBH he took a look and said he would fix it at no cost and the rest of the car is spotless and I seen ALL the rust I never knew she had once he took her apart. He is a good guy and said he didn't know how much heat these things generated.

I am sure it will be fine once I get it back.

Thanks guys

She is going away for the winter when she comes back so I will see its its sorted next summer.

Just wish I could get those Damned FQ - 320 stickers again

Dex

#8 ·
ive been around repainted cars for many a year ive never heard of new paint cracking OLD MANY layer stuff used to but not fresh 1 or 2 repainted stuff

even when it gets hot it shouldnt affect it like that not over the washer jets that a cooler area so to speek of a bonnet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.