Lancer Register Forum banner

Please tell me how much will my ROAD TAX be, please tell me???

211K views 372 replies 195 participants last post by  mitsiboyblue 
#1 ·
OK so how many of these posts do we need ? :wallbang:

If your car was FIRSTregistered in the UK before March 2001 then you should be paying road tax based on the engine size which will mean £185 paand PLG on your log book

If your new car was First registered in the UK after 1st March 2001 and before 23 March 2006 then your car should be banded in VED bands A-F (most probably F) and should pay approx £205 pa. Logbook should show Taxation class as Petrol Car

If your car was an import registered before March 2006 then you probably got away with a PLG taxation and only pay £185....you are lucky.

If your car was first registered in the UK after 24th March 2006 and it's under 10 years of age when it was first registered in the UK then it should require and ESVA which will mean that you will pay VED based on emissions at the SVA test, probably Band G, which will cost £400pa and again the taxation class will be Petrol Car

Does it matter who pays what, the way the cars were registered was neither consistent nor correct and all that's happened is that some people get lucky and some don't...............

There's no one defined definite answer to the question of "how much is my road tax" unless all the variables are known......It's pretty bloody obvious that a 99 UK EVO 6 will pay £185.......:goingmad::goingmad:

See less See more
#110 ·
Just renewed the tax on EV05MAD - 185 quid for 12 months.

V5 doesn't state PLG or emissions:

Date of Liability 01 11 2008
Date of First Registration 01 11 2005
Year of Manufacture 2005
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1997CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £101.75
12 Months Rate £185.00

It's not gonna shoot up to 400 quid next year, is it? :(

#120 ·
I'm from the Philippines, and I'm looking for Tommi Makinen Seats for EVO 6.5
i've search almost every where in my counter, i hope you guys can help me out.. i'm willing to pay for the shipping cost for a reasonable price of the seats just to help me out.. pls email me at: RECABAR80@YAHOO.COM
Theres always some right random replys on this forum!!! :lol::lol:

Post looking for seats right n the middle of a debate about road tax!! :crackup::crackup:

#112 · (Edited)
any help
Bought my VIII. imported 06/08. taxed as PLG £105 for 6 months

Reminder has come through the door today. £400 for the year.

Is this right. can they change your tax bracket after beiing registered.

Just looking on the V5. where should it say Private/light goods?

I have :
Taxation Class - PETROL CAR
category M1

everything on the V5 does point to me paying the high Bracket. But my concern is the car was taxed as PLG to begin with. Would like to know if i argue the case with the DVLA and get it back down

cheers for any help

#119 ·
Just found this, so we might get away with another years free grace. My 7 is cheap tax but my new 3yr old 9 wont be. But at least if it get put off a year we save £200, better than nowt.

"Pre-Budget Report 2008 - at a glance
Published: 24 November 2008 Topic: News,Money
The Chancellor, Alistair Darling, has delivered a Pre-Budget Report designed to help us all cope with the looming recession. Good, bad or irrelevant? Here's our at-a-glance guide...

Alistair Darling, Chancellor of the Exchequer, pumped £20bn into the UK economy, but quickly added plans to raise taxes and National Insurance if Labour wins the next general election.
The Chancellor said tax cuts were necessary as interest rate reductions were no longer enough to stimulate the economy. "We need action now to boost economic activity," Darling declared.

He scrapped the Treasury's official forecast of 2% growth in 2009, formally endorsing the widespread view that the country will be in recession next year. He said that Gross Domestic Product would fall by between 0.75% and 1.25% next year, but then grow by between 1.5% and 2% in 2010. He expects the economy to start growing again in the second half of 2009.

Darling assumes that inflation will keep falling, but government borrowing will soar to £118bn next year and will not be back in balance until the year ending in April 2016.

"If we did nothing we would have a deeper and longer recession that would cost the country more in the long term," Mr Darling told MPs.

"In these extraordinary circumstances allowing borrowing to rise is the right choice for the country."

Here are Darling's main announcements:

The good news:
VAT goes down from 17.5% to 15% from 1 December until the end of 2009.

£3 billion of public spending to be brought forward, to go on schools, motorways, social housing and energy efficiency measures.
The temporary £120 allowance for people who lost out as a result of ending the 10% income tax rate will be made permanent, with the amount rising to £145.

Pension credit to rise from £124 to £130 a week for single people, couples from £189 to £198. State pension for single people will rise from £90.70 a week to £95.25 next April.

Child benefit to rise in January instead of April.

A planned above-inflation increase in vehicle excise duty on older cars is to be delayed for a year.

Lenders have agreed to give struggling borrowers a three-month "grace period" before repossessing their homes, and a government mortgage rescue scheme is to be extended.

A new Lending Panel will monitor lending to ensure that banks make more credit available at reasonable rates.

The planned savings gateway for the lower paid will launch in 2010 through banks and building societies, offering 50p of government money for every £1 saved.

£1bn to be lent through a temporary Small Business Finance Scheme. Planned rise in small business corporation tax to be abandoned.

An extra £100m to help households improve insulation.

£15m earmarked for debt advice

The bad news:
From April 2011, a new 45% income tax rate will be charged to those earning above £150,000 a year. Personal allowances also to be cut for higher paid.

National Insurance to rise by 0.5% then too.

Alcohol, tobacco and petrol taxes will be raised to offset the VAT cut.

The delayed 2p-a-gallon increase in fuel duty will take effect.

Airline passenger tax to be restructured into a four-band system, hitting long-haul travellers most.

Visit moneysupermarket.com later today for in-depth analysis and what the Pre-Budget Report 2008 means for you and your money.
"

#124 ·
Its not just affecting Evos.

My 00 Reg Nissan S15 Spec R is at £400 a year....

Date of Liability 01 05 2009
Date of First Registration 14 05 2008
Year of Manufacture 2000
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
CO2 Emissions 242g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour WHITE
Vehicle Type Approval M1
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £220.00
12 Months Rate £400.00

It seems that any car with emission data registered in the UK after March 2001 is liable for band taxation regardless of year of manufacture :wallbang:

Im going to try writing to them as i know of loads of S15's paying PLG taxation so maybe i can get lucky and get mine changed.

#127 ·
Its not just affecting Evos.

My 00 Reg Nissan S15 Spec R is at £400 a year....

It seems that any car with emission data registered in the UK after March 2001 is liable for band taxation regardless of year of manufacture :wallbang:

Im going to try writing to them as i know of loads of S15's paying PLG taxation so maybe i can get lucky and get mine changed.
Welcome to the club Jez, you're right, it's the year of first registration in the UK - even though the official documentation states year of first registration (no country mentioned) :rotz:- I tried in person to the DVLA local office (who agreed with the principle I postulated) and later, after nothing happened, in writing to Swansea and they just shrugged my appeal off - let us know if you get any joy. Bee :mitsi:

#135 ·
so how do you change the Co2 classification? Re Sva?
supposing you have removed the mitsi engine and now fitted an engine
that work on water and the fumes are pure oxygen?
i ask because its easy to get your evo to emit much less emissions for the test and hence put us in a lower VED band.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.