Lancer Register Forum banner

Disc measures and Bell condition

990 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  plip1953 
#1 ·
Hi I have two sets of discs and whilst they look ok ish but im after the min thickness of the rotors and also what to look out for on the bell regards condition.

I'm led to believe that the bells should be good for a couple of rotor uses but how can you tell?

Im just trying to debate if to just buy complete new discs inc bells or just discs

Discs in question are

Evo X girodiscs
Alcon 343mm

Thanks

#5 ·
No Phil they are girodisc centres and look ok ish from memory. But thanks anyway.

I'm more concerned with the Alcon bells as don't want to buy new rotors to find my bells need replacing which I think they will do. I'm having the calipers Refurbed so full new discs pads and hoses makes sense really.

#6 ·
I thought rotors normally have a printed/engraved min thickness on the outer rotor edge.

I've never known of any need to changes bells, but should of course be discarded if there are any cracks or suchlike.

I would always check runout on any two-piece brake system. Ive never tried doing it just on the bell to check if that could be well out of true, but wouldn't be hard to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.