Lancer Register Forum banner

What to replace the Evo with ..if you were forced to

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Baileyk 
#1 ·
Hi All,

It seems that I may be forced into selling my Evo 8 MR FQ 320 (that I have from new) because I cannot import it to Norway due to a lack of a legal Certificate of Conformity.

So, it this fear of mine really proves real, what car would you go for as a replacement. It has to:
1. Be exciting to drive
2. Fit a baby seat in the back (not necessary a four door car though)
3. Should not cost more than 25k quid as used.

Please help with your suggestions :)

Thanks,
S

#3 ·
I dont get this I have seen Evos and imprezas in norway and sweden. How do they get rally cars in for instance? I know what you shouldn't get unless you are really good driver, something powerful and RWD! It's either wet or snowing in Norway most of the time!

#16 ·
Thank you for the suggestions guys!

I have been in contact with the local authorities, the Norwegian Mitsi and the Misti in the UK. Mitsi UK does not issue CoC for Evos (due to them being technically an import with an Japanese 11-digit VIN number). The Norwegian Mitsi will have to call UK... and my UK dealer refuses to give me an informal paper regarding the emissions of the car :( (which is what Norway is really asking about)

Would you not go for a used M3 or an M5/6?

#22 ·
I actually just received some fantastic news!

Although Mitsubishi UK can not provide me with the Certificate of Conformity, they can provide me with what is called the Statement of Compliance.... The latter provides all the data that the Norwegians have asked and even more!:crackup: And they had told me that they would accept anything that comes from Mitsubishi that connects the VIN number with tech characteristics:D

So, the Evo is coming to Norway after all. I am really very happy! Like when I first bought it back in 2005 :smthumbup

#24 ·
I've been thinking of getting rid of my 5 RS lately.

I think the only thing I'd fancy is a Mk3 Focus RS.

In reality,I wouldn't use the car much.Ive only covered around 200 miles in the Evo in 2.5 years.

In a newer car I'd no doubt use it more so maybe 2K miles a year.

The Evo seems to be an appreciating car whereas the Focus is losing money from day 1.

That's where I'm at so will see what happens in next few months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.