Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 4 track car

11K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  Capt.Mike 
#1 · (Edited)
:::SOLD:::
Basically I just don't have the desire to keep it anymore and I don't get to use it for as many track days as i'd hoped to.

The car is a 1997 Evo 4 GSR, and is presently road legal. MOT'd for another couple of months and is driven to and from track days and sprint events without any issues so far. The car has performed faultlessly (which can't be said of the drivers) but it is very reliable and quick.

It is fitted with an evo 8 engine, mapped to around 340bhp, and has the larger intake piping and also bigger exhaust system, as we all know is a requirement on an evo. :lol:
I have very little information on the engine history but am led to believe it had around 65k miles on it before it was fitted. (engine code shows it as an evo 8 260 engine) I have changed the oil 4 times on it since owning it, and that works out at a full engine oil change every 400 miles. It makes no odd noises and burns no oil to speak of. It also has an NR baffled sump pan which appears to work very well on left and right hand tracks even when using slick tyres.

I have fitted a replacement gearbox, and a brand new ACT uprated clutch and flywheel in the last 1000 miles.

Brakes discs are in good condition and the pads are Carbone Lorraine RC6 which are excellent for track use and don't fade at all even after many laps being worked hard. (they are noisy as sh!t though!) Brake fluid is flushed regularly. (Motul RBF660)

The underside is in reasonable condition for its age, with only light surface rust in places. It had been my intention to sort this out over the winter but I have lost interest. The suspension is relatively new adjustable coilover type but will have to check on manufacturer name. I can't remember. It has also had the rear upper suspension arms changed under recall 18 months ago.

Internally the car is stripped. It has two OMP seats which were purchased new, along with Willans wide harnesses. It has a hand held fire extinguisher and a 'dash-dodger' cage. There are no rear seats and I have no original interior for the car as it was all sold when I decided it was going to be a track car only.

Air bags are removed, after market steering wheel and boss are relatively new.

I am having a small crack welded up in the boot which apparently is a common issue on the evo 4. It's never bothered me but i'd rather it was sorted before selling the car but will entertain offers based on how it is right now.

The car will come with 1 set of wheels and Toyo R1r tyres for legal road use.
(see my parts thread for other wheels and tyres available)

The car has been to a couple of the MLR sprints this year but if you did wish to Sprint it in a competitive manner, it would need windows replaced in the sides as they are Poly-carb, and a rear seat of sorts would be needed. Unfortunately it comes under Class D and it's not going to get near the big boys cars.

The car starts first time every time. Is quick, and a lot of fun. I overhauled the AYC pump with new internal plate and seals a year ago (1000 miles) and the fuel pump is an upgraded walbro type. Hard wired in to a switch.

Presently the car is matt black plastic-dipped but this is removable, the paintwork being not bad, again for a car of its age. It is a reliable solid car and once I have this small bit of welding done it won't need for anything for some time. Maybe the underside treating and rear brake lines re-doing, but it is a lot of fun and performs very well on track when running slicks.
I'm looking for offers in the region of £5k.

The pictures aren't the best as the car is dirty and the weather isn't great for car cleaning. I can get some decent pictures sorted out as soon as the weather clears and I can clean the car.

please PM with any questions. Car is located in North Lincolnshire.
email flingwing76@gmail.com or text 07415 413 186

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ok so can I just put this out there? To prevent more time wasters. No I don't wish to part ex for a 15yr old passat and £250 cash. No I don't really want to take 50% now and 50% next month. And no, i won't take £3500 'cash' for it.
Minimum I'll accept is £4.5k cash, and thats without the spare brake pads. Cheers. :)

:lol:

#15 ·
So keep it :lol:

Reactions: Capt.Mike
#17 ·
If you want a 3rd driver on a track day, let me know :smthumbup

#19 ·
well I'm not tall, and the drivers seat is a narrow fit. its on sliders and this raises it up a bit, the passenger seat is next wider size, same make, and doesn't have sliders. You could probably find a seating solution i'm sure. The cage does intrude slightly into the head space obviously but that'll happen in any car I suppose. I do have a set of seat rails I think which could be modified easily.

#23 ·
Not sold. Did a track day two weeks ago or so and we loved every second. I am using it at the Javelin Sprint on Sunday at Blyton, thats if its raining, as the M4 won't be much good in wet weather with road tyres on it. Unless there are points for drifting?
I ended up fitting the new front pads, CL RC6, so they've done one track day and approx 50 road miles and adjusted the geometry to a more neutral setup.
Just off to give the old girl a bit of a clean up and fill it with fuel ready in case I need it Sunday. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.