Lancer Register Forum banner

shogun warrior 3.2 did question for the techs

9K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  dovboy 
#1 ·
i have a 3.2 did warrior(2003).

i noticed that there was an oil leak(very small) coming from around the oil filter possibly the pipe from the block next to it(breather?).

it was booked into my local garage to have this looked at and a couple of other things done.

with the oil leak very light i said my wife could keep using it but to keep an eye on the dash lights.

note,the oil is on the max but is due a change soon.

the problem...

when my wife came into the drive tonight the red oil warning light flickered.

now in my experience(with tuned cars)this is never a good sign but i have been told that it could be something as simple as a pressure switch.

i dont know if its connected to the leak problem but i thought i would ask here tonight before i call:mitsi: in the morning.

any help would be greatfully recieved:smthumbup

See less See more
#3 ·
leak

it"ll be the oil pressure switch thats leaking-common on the did my one was gubbed
get the switch changed when doing oil/filter as the filter has to come off to get to the switch
it wasnt just the level light that came on was it
if you suspect pressure loss dont run the engine at all

#8 ·
there was a problem with the shoguns oil level sensor reading low(flicking on and off) so check which oil light came on. the fix for this is a new dipstick due to them not wanting to pay the labour on fitting new sumps. it reads higher :lol: not really a fix but some sort of a cure.

most likey if you have a oil leak from near the filter area is the oil pressure switch. as tony says its a oil filter off job. the hose you can see in that area is the turbo oil return to the sump.

when you call :mitsi: ask them if your car has any outstanding service campains on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.