Lancer Register Forum banner

Non Ticking Hydraulic Lifters

38K views 143 replies 51 participants last post by  Ross W 
#1 · (Edited)
Non Ticking 3mm Hydraulic Lifters / Lash Adjusters

Rid your Evo of the dreaded ticking & tapping! :blah::smthumbup

3mm Lash adjuster kit (16 pieces)

These are the same units as I use in our silver car with 900BHP+ & 9800rpm redline.

Many, many sets sold on the MLR over the last few years, and we've never had a set returned, or any issues what so ever.:coolsm:

Supplied pre-primed ready to install.

To order:

Via website: https://www.rosssport.com/Brands/RO...RTS/3mm-Hydraulic-Lifter-Set-RSEN49-LIFMI6-16

Tel: 01945 580066
Or Paypal: sales@rosssport.com
(please add a note with your delivery address and what item you are paying for)

£115 inc VAT & Delivery

See less See more
#8 ·
can i ask a question about lash adjusters how long is the expected life of the adjusters, is it normal for every evo fitted with stock lash adjusters to need them replaced or cleaned out, is it a manufacturing fault that causes them to block up with the small oil hole and how many people that have taken the adjusters out and cleaned them have had no further problems with them. i ask this because my lash adjusters are ticking away and i have been told by mitsy and the warranty company that they will be worn in their experience and not just blocked there was no mention of the need for enlarged by the warranty company do they wear out and at what milage would this be expected roughly. if it is known that the smaller stock oil holes cause problems why has nothing ever been done about cars being fitted with larger adjusters from new, i would take it that evo's that are bought and run in japan must have the same problem, or is it just a minority of us unlucky owners that this affects? feed back on this would be much appreciated, as not willing to pay out for something that is a known mechanical short fall in the engine build.

#9 ·
There is no rhyme or reason to the cars that the ticking afflicts. Many owners just live with it. It is obviously a problem that has been known about for many years but does not cause failures hence Mitsubishi have not considered it a priority. Personally I think once they get contaminated they will never stop ticking. The 3mm versions have a little more tolerance and tend to solve the problem. We have sold many sets now and have had no issues.

#13 ·
Ross,
I know this may sound wierd but can you measure the height of them please...

The only reason I ask is that the ones currently in my engine seem to be slightly taller than then set that I have in my spare engine and so I want to see if these will fit.

Cheers

ANdy

#24 ·
these look like the same type of lifters jackson automachine sells, are they? i recently purchased a set and my stroker still sounds like a diesel (maybe other issue?). they were bled dry by JAM and i was instructed to install that way and allow oil pressure to build up repeatedly holding at 3K. this is contrary to the wsm that says to leave bleed and leave filled with diesel before installing. have a listen below and tell me what you think as it's driving me nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.