Lancer Register Forum banner

400bhp quarter miles time

27K views 135 replies 42 participants last post by  Northy 8 
#1 ·
Just wondering what kinda times people are getting in there 400bhp Evos down the quarter mile
Thanks Simon

#48 ·
My V RS went 11.73 ET last year, stock turbo, stock cams, 98 ron fuel plus almost every bolt on for intake and exhaust, coils, etc. Also have a 4.0 final drive and semi slick tires, got no 60ft or terminal information. Semi good launch at 5000 rpm.

Car weights 2980 lbs with me in it, should be around 400 - 420 bhp right?

This year I´m aiming to put GSC S2´s in the car and take out around 40 to 60 pounds of the car, we´ll see how that goes.

Cheers,

Ricardo

#49 ·
My V RS went 11.73 ET last year, stock turbo, stock cams, 98 ron fuel plus almost every bolt on for intake and exhaust, coils, etc. Also have a 4.0 final drive and semi slick tires, got no 60ft or terminal information. Semi good launch at 5000 rpm.

Car weights 2980 lbs with me in it, should be around 400 - 420 bhp right?

This year I´m aiming to put GSC S2´s in the car and take out around 40 to 60 pounds of the car, we´ll see how that goes.

Cheers,

Ricardo
Post some of your vids mate , should be a lesson in how to run an Evo at the drag strip , the times you get on the surfaces you have to run on are a credit to you :thumbup:

#56 ·
Yeah, no kidding about needing the twin plate. At that event I still had only the Exedy stage 2 (big 3 pucks) and totally destroyed it while practicing launching with handbrake preload, took maybe 5 to 6 launches like that between practice and the event it´s self. That clutch held up pretty good though without preloading with the handbrake.

Now I have the Twin disc SD and love it so far!

#58 ·
rx jamie, so far I´ve put the twin plate through 1 drag event and 3 autox events, so maybe some 25 launches plus some city driving. I´m genttle with the preload though cause I´m hopping the clutch will last all this year and not just one or two more events :eek:

#74 · (Edited)
I am begginning to come around on the twin clutches
Fantastic numbers mate for the weight and bhp,,
Whats the cheapest these are going for now around the £40k mark
My mate has just mapped his audi rs6 c6 to 701 bhp 650 ft lbs of torque
The vw group is making some cracking motors

#75 ·
The 09 plate cars have just dropped below £30k but they are all manual cars. The S-tronic (Audis name for DSG) come out on 60 plates so only 18mths old and yes, probably high £30's for them on a 60 just now.

I was on the lookout for a GTR but by the time I done all the maths the RS made more sense to me. My figures above are pretty much what the MY11 530bhp GTR's are doing. The most astonishing thing about the TTRS is its cheap running costs, over 10,000m my fuel computer is showing an average of 31mpg and I've driven my car harder than most with 120+ 1/4m runs and some enthusiastic high speed driving. Tax is £245, servicing once a year, it costs peanuts to run (in comparison to GTR)

Certainly worth a consideration if straight line speed is what you're after in a new car:smthumbup

#79 ·
Here's my evo iv, 340bhp 300lbft (I know it's to 400) Full weight, just arrive and drive!

Upto 2000cc Turbo
EVO IV
Reaction 0.548
60 foot 1.846
1/4 Mile 13.041@107.4 mph

So good/bad? Running hankook rs2 tires so no semi slicks or anything. Opinions would be appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.