Lancer Register Forum banner

* * * 2012 Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series: Rd #2 - Oulton Park * * *

53K views 419 replies 88 participants last post by  neverneverman 
#1 ·
Round 2: OULTON PARK
Ok, Silverstone is still a couple of weeks away, but for the first time in 6 years the opening round of the MLRSS is full so I thought it made sense to get the slippery Oulton Park sprint thread rolling! :D

The 2011 MLRSS Oulton Park Video!
This is what you missed last year !! :coolsm:

The Course:
The Sprint runs clockwise and takes in almost a full lap of both of Oulton's tarmac rally courses

Key:
Red line: The course
Dotted lines: Route to & from paddock

Date:
  • Saturday 21st April 2012

Capacity:

Regs and Additional Info:
  • To remind yourselves of the Rules, Regs and Classes, just click here
  • Noise limit is 105 dBA static
  • Passengers can register on the day (front seat only) for a nominal charge of ÂŁ10
  • All bookings will receive a PDF info pack via email the week before the event
  • Pace Ward will be on hand to deal with any insurance queries, or call them on 01782 286311 now

Oulton Park Sprint Timetable:
  • 08:00 - Registration
  • 08:45 - Driver Briefing
  • 09:15 - Sighting lap
  • 09:30 - Practice runs start
  • 09:00 to 12:00 - Scrutineering
  • 12:00 - Lunch
  • 13:00 - First Timed Runs start
  • 16:30 - Event closes and trophies awarded

Registration, Briefing and Parking:
  • Registration and driver's briefing will be in the cabin inside the rally course area.
  • The paddock will be situated on the grass opposite the rally course entrance.

Practice and Competitive Runs:
  • We'll aim to give all drivers a minimum of 10 runs on the day with a possible maximum of 16 available (depending on time etc).
  • Everyone is welcome and there are four Evo classes as usual, and an additional Guest class for all other cars.
  • The guys from 22B.com will have a 20 car allocation up to weeks prior to the event, and run their own classes as they did at Silverstone.

Trophies and Points Table:
  • Trophies for FTD and the top 3 drivers from each class on the day will be presented after the final run outside the cabin
    * Super Pro - Class A
    * AP Tuning - Class B
    * Ross Sport - Class C
    * Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes - Class D
  • The points tables and leaderboard will be updated asap after the event. See here for full details

Bookings:
  • On a first come first served basis
  • Please don't forget all Drivers need to pay the small Registration fee (ÂŁ10) which all goes into the Drivers Fund
  • Please visit the MLR Shop or call us on 08451 25 26 23.
  • Places cost ÂŁ129 for the day, or a ÂŁ50 non-refundable deposit can be paid to guarantee a place with the balance being due 30 days before the event (21st March)
  • 50/50 places can be registered for and will be offered in order of registration IF there are any 50/50 places available within 5 days of the event
  • Please see MLR's Cancellation Policy here

Tyre Support:
  • TBC

Tuition:
  • TBC

Spectators:
  • The rooftop viewing area on top of the cabin offers great viewing of the whole circuit, but we need to confirm if Oulton will charge for Spectators to attend the Oulton Park Sprint as this could depend on what event is being held on the main circuit

See less See more
#65 ·
I fancy doing this, I should have an MR by then aswell as hopefully going to pick one up on Sunday. I know its very very slippy, I would be running on the wheels/tyres it is coming with as no money now for grippy tyres, etc, its got Avon ZZ3's on it, will these be **** on this track? Also, is there potential to hit LOTS of things?! As I dont wanna damage it on its first outing really :confused:

#67 ·
I dunno what those tyres are like, but last year at Oulton I just ran on road tyres (Michelin PS2s) and had no problems. Yes its a lot more slidey cornering, but you simply start off slower and build up like any new sprint track.

I wouldn't say there's much to hit, mainly the bridge(??) thing coming into the "back straight" (the thicker red line under the trees to the left, on the map Darin has posted on the first page), which has a tight corner entry and (I think) corrugated panels along the sides. But again, as its a tight corner its pretty slow in (unless you fancy hand-braking around the corner...)

Anyway, its lots of fun - I'm sure you'll enjoy finding out what the car can do when sliding about :D

Cheers,

Neil

#79 ·
+1

this was the first and only sprint i did last year. the vids looked awesome, and the track lived up to my expectations and then some.

Pretty sure I soiled myself on the first lap, sliding all over the place. By the end of the day I was putting in respectable times for my skill and car so was well pleased :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.