Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Private Sales - Cars

Old 28-07-2017, 11:25   #1
AndySTI

Car: Evo viii - AI autosport 2.3 stroker, 630bhp on vpower
My Car
Evo 8/9 MRFQ320 2.3 stroker 600bhp+ *fresh build* *£21000*

*pic heavy*

Guys, new add as the other one was over 2 years old and a tad confusing. The evo just isn't getting enough use and is sat in my heated garage 90% of the time. 141 miles last year in total, 1000 odd miles the year before.

I looked long and hard for a low mileage straight MR evo 8 or 9, plenty of dogs out there unfortunately but on the fortunate side the evo is now proving it's worth and depreciation is pretty much non existent making them a valued car with owners who take pride in them, and rightly so! I ended up travelling to N.I to view this example, she was built by Johnny of A.I Autosport with no expense spared. I did my research on Johnny and can say he's very well known and renowned. His username on here is 'Air force one' and he'll be happy to answer any questions a potential buyer may have. She has upwards of 70k of receipts (including 2nd hand car price). This is reiterated in the Mitsubishi dealer advertisement who was selling the car for a private individual at the time, (See pics). The guy selling owned 2 evos with the same spec engine, Johnny built both. One was for track and this one was his weekend car which he rarely used. She's done about 5000 miles in 7 mot's backed up by VOSA checks and it shows.

Now shes in my possesion theres been a few changes and rebuilds. Johnny originally built the engine to handle 1000bhp, thats evident immediately from the arrow rods. Not a cheap build by any means. Johnny mapped it on the original gt35 turbo in his rr days, but road mapped it when it was first rebuilt with the gtx3582. Once I bought the car Ant @ indigo gt mapped it (1500 miles ago) and fitted an rs rear diff kit plus gave it a complete 18k service plus I requested new plugs too. Car made [email protected] [email protected] @2bar on one of the hottest days of the year. Ant took it for a spin and said it was mental quick. Enough said...... She's just been rebuilt by Dynotech of Ripley (reciept in pics) due to a secondary fuel pump relay failiure. While apart she had uprated headwork, a new ETS intercooler with hardpipes, new radiator, gearbox work, new spooling up cop kit and a brand new twin plate clutch.

To elaborate on the latest Work, following the minor DET the car was taken to dynotech of ripley who stripped the engine. The Rods, crank and ancillarys are still the same but pistons were replaced following minor det due to secondary fuel pump failure. The whole head was also rebuilt with new parts, ported n polished, new valves, multi seated ect. This was at a cost of 7.4k and has barely been ran in.

Following the build I took the car round the corner to a close and well respected freind Matt of MG Autosport. (6/7/17) Matt @ mg checked the whole car over, did a compression test and repaired a few issues such as a slight leak on the turbo oil return then ran the car in on the rollers. It had 2x oil and filter changes plus spark plugs during the run in then the fully synthetic oil and filter before a power map. Car made 604bhp 560lbft @ 2.1bar which I'm pretty happy with considering the engine is tight and has had no road time at all. It'll easily put 50bhp 50lbft on those figures in 1000miles but Matt states it's quick as hell now. The torque is ridiculous and the power curve is perfect. Ontop of this Matt did the full geometry and an MOT.

FULL SPEC

Evo 8 Mr fq 320

37k miles from new on chassis.

300 miles on engine, originally built in 2011 @ 24k then refreshed @ 34k with (new block, gaskets, head gasket, pistons, piston rings, big ends, gtx3582 turbo upgrade), then rebuilt @ 37k 50miles ago, receipt below.

Cheap tax bracket

Fsh

12 months mot.

STYLING

Full respray in ruri blue (evo 9 only)

Evo 9 front/rear bumpers

Evo 9 lights

Evo 9 ralliart seats (rare)

Cf wing mirrors (electric)

Cf sideskirts

Cf front splitter

Cf vortex generator

Clear cam belt cover

Volk rays ce28 10.5jj racing alloys, 245/35/18 hankook tyres all round (4k worth)

Under sealed 500 miles ago with new arch liners.

ENGINE and PERFORMANCE

Built by Johnny AI autosport refreshed by Dynotech Ripley.

AI autosport 2.3 Mitsubishi crank

Arrow rods

Cp pistons

Cosworth gasket kit

Cosworth bearings

Cosworth headstuds

Balance shaft removal kit,

big valved ported head,

1mm oversize ferrea valves

Custom grind piper cams,

Clear cam cover,

hks cam pulleys,

hks fuel rail,

Twin fuel pumps

rc 1000cc injectors,

Hks kansai inlet manifold (ultra rare)

Hks boost controller

Spooling up COP kit with c.f. plate,

Huge 4inch intake

Full race twin scroll turbo kit

Koyo rad (brand new)

Gtx3582r turbo,

Full race down pipe

Full race manifold

ETS intercooler anodized purple (brand new £1200 receipt below.)

ETS hard pipe kit

Twin tial wastegates

Twin screamers

Tial bov with hard pipe kit

Vipec ecu with antilag and launch control

9gt 5 speed box conversion

No AYC transfer box

9rs rear diff (fitted by ant @ indigo gt)

Exeddy twin plate clutch and lightened fly (brand new)

Blitz nur spec r cat back,

XYZ Coilovers

Polybushed

Full geometry set up (Just set at MG)

BAD POINTS

Very few really, just the few frustrating niggles.

Very minor scratches on the bonnet, hardly noticeable and my bodywork guy with be mopping them over on the 11/8/17 if the car is still here.

Wheels nuts look crap. Had aluminium ones so I took them straight off and replaced with steel ones.

Front C.F. splitter has been knocked and cracked the laquer, vortex generator has slight laquer peel on corners too. Very common on C.F but I want it replacing.

Front disks are slightly warped. Soft touch breaking the steering wheel shakes but hard breaking it's fine. Just very slight.

2 of the 4 rays ce28's outer rims has curbing. Cheap and common fix but lack of time.

Everything else is mint. It's an awesome car, really is. Low mileage and a great engine build that wants for nothing. I've looked into breaking her but I don't have the knowledge, tools or time. Similar specs (on here if you search) I totted up to 22k just for the main bits. A lot of cash to be made if you can break yourself but it would be a great shame. MR's with this mileage are getting hard to find.

Importantly with a car of this spec all invoices are present, including 12k worth in the last 100miles. I'll include what I can in the photo's. I also have the original Ralliart folder and booklets, old MOT's - everything. She's been cherished and well cared for.

Final price drop to 21k, otherwise I'll go through the hassle of breaking her. That's probably not far off the value of a low mileage MRfq320 plus the block/head/bottom end build alone. PX is a possibility as 22k is a large sum on its own but it would need to be somthing I could sell on as I don't get time to use my cars anymore.

Any questions please get in touch.

[email protected]

Andy

new purple ETS intercooler

view of brand new clutch

indigo gt

underseal ect

engine build

engine build, ETS ect

Last edited by AndySTI; 02-08-2017 at 08:42..
AndySTI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndySTI For This Useful Post:
Kwakerswull (29-07-2017), Realbadman (02-08-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 08:10   #2
AndySTI

My Car
Birthday bump. Now on ebay

Last edited by AndySTI; 02-08-2017 at 08:01..
Old 02-08-2017, 08:44   #3
AndySTI

My Car
Final price drop before I break her

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2017, 09:11   #4
Dan ep3 turbo
Senior User

I'd be intrested in all carbon parts,mirrors,rear diff and transfer box if you decide to break it

Dan
Dan ep3 turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:17   #5
Phil555
Senior User

Great car and a cracking spec.

GLWTS.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil555 For This Useful Post:
AndySTI (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 10:20   #6
AndySTI

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan ep3 turbo View Post
I'd be intrested in all carbon parts,mirrors,rear diff and transfer box if you decide to break it

Dan
Everyone would.

No more of this until I advertised to break the car please guys. I get inundated with mails but I have no want to break until absolutely necessary.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndySTI For This Useful Post:
Mita (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 10:24   #7
Mita
Senior User

Well said mate, come on people let the guy try and sell his car.

****ing vultures

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySTI View Post
Everyone would.

No more of this until I advertised to break the car please guys. I get inundated with mails but I have no want to break until absolutely necessary.

Mita is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mita For This Useful Post:
AndySTI (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 15:49   #8
jaievo6

Car: evo6 2.3 stroker mapped by APT 30HTA turbo
My Car
Looks gorgeous mate in that colour and I say a very fair price at what your asking,considering any production car would be well into 3 figures to get anywhere near it on an open road. I know because im not far off your power.

Don't break her,i say wait for the right price or keep her ! Either way goodluck
jaievo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaievo6 For This Useful Post:
AndySTI (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 16:17   #9
AndySTI

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaievo6 View Post
Looks gorgeous mate in that colour and I say a very fair price at what your asking,considering any production car would be well into 3 figures to get anywhere near it on an open road. I know because im not far off your power.

Don't break her,i say wait for the right price or keep her ! Either way goodluck
Cheers mate.

It's an absolute steal considering the chassis mileage, brand new engine build and various other parts amounting to 13k and it's only done 100miles since having them, ontop of the insain original outlay. All receipts are present, history and the original Ralliart folder. No BS made up parts like a lot of these tuned cars.

There's an old thread on here concluding that this power 600bhp+ safe is at least 30k in mods then there's the visual bits, the sodding wheels and tyres were over 4k..... not your typical Rota's.... ha.

I could sit on it, it's out of the crappy weather but it's such a waste and as often happens with others in my boat, I don't have the time. Literally used it twice since she's been home over a month.

Poor girl

Last edited by AndySTI; 02-08-2017 at 16:19..
The Following User Says Thank You to AndySTI For This Useful Post:
jaievo6 (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 13:24   #10
AndySTI

My Car
Been offered another rs3 8p....

Must resist....

Old 04-08-2017, 09:59   #11
AndySTI

My Car
Few more px offers...

I'm only interested if easy to sell on guys. Must be a good deal my way too. Don't make the offer then expect me to reduce the value of mine. 21k for a built sub 40k MR evo is already cheap!

Old 06-08-2017, 08:01   #12
AndySTI

My Car
Sfs

Old 08-08-2017, 10:52   #13
AndySTI

My Car
Still looking for a new home

Old 08-08-2017, 16:27   #14
jaievo6

Car: evo6 2.3 stroker mapped by APT 30HTA turbo
My Car
Surprised this hasn't gone yet mate with the spec and price !

Keep looking at this as she does stand out,but all whats gone into mine I cant justify selling for another.
jaievo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaievo6 For This Useful Post:
AndySTI (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 18:01   #15
AndySTI

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaievo6 View Post
Surprised this hasn't gone yet mate with the spec and price !

Keep looking at this as she does stand out,but all whats gone into mine I cant justify selling for another.
It'll go pal. It's a bargain price and I'm getting offers daily but always involves a px which I'm not crazy about unless a good deal and easy to sell on.

Just a case of waiting for a buyer to get hold of the cash....

Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: