Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Private Sales - Cars

Old 22-07-2017, 14:11   #16
Peadar
Senior User

Car: Evo 9 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefyrs View Post
As far as I'm aware unless you know different?
I've owned most of them if there are only 7

I think you need to keep digging there lol.
Dermot (22-07-2017)
Old 22-07-2017, 18:14   #17
w4s1m
Senior User

Car: EVO 6 TME, Lancia Integrale EVO 2, Impreza Type R, Celica GT4 WRC,GTR R35 AE82 Corolla GT, A4 Allroa
My Car
Originally Posted by nigelS View Post
There were certainly more than 7 GT's imported in red.

Not even the DVLA will have an accurate number as they didn't register these cars as GT's, so it would be extremely difficult to put an exact number on this.

Numbers aside, it is a rare car, and looks great in red. The IX GT is one of the greatest Evo's ever produced IMO, good luck to the OP with the sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemcz View Post
Sorry to go off topic

There was an old member here called nigelS. He was the importer of most of the Ix mr rs and ix gt. He also had the spec sheets to get them through the import checks. He 'probably' has a record of how many red gt's he imported and everyone else who imported them up to a certain age
Lool that's him, you just quoted him
Old 22-07-2017, 18:15   #18
paul222
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Sorry to go off topic

There was an old member here called nigelS. He was the importer of most of the Ix mr rs and ix gt. He also had the spec sheets to get them through the import checks. He 'probably' has a record of how many red gt's he imported and everyone else who imported them up to a certain age

Are you serious ?

Quoting the man who you are talking about seems odd.
paul222 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paul222 For This Useful Post:
A12DY B (22-07-2017)
Old 22-07-2017, 19:01   #19
Davemcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul222 View Post
Are you serious ?

Quoting the man who you are talking about seems odd.
I didnt realise it was him who i quoted

If you pm him im sure he will confirm he imported most of the gt's and mr rs when they were first released. Back then there were 2 main importers of those models. Nigel, and another company whom i can't remember

I would have thought he kept a record. It was a long time ago. Maybe he didnt keep a record, or maybe he didnt want to rumage through his records dating back to pre 2010. I dont have the pm facility to pm him and ask, and i dont have his number any more.

When i was going to import a gt, i was pointed in his direction to get the car through the import checks. Also, if you look through his posts (which i can't be arsed to do) you will probably see a number of cars (gt's and mr rs' or rs') that he had for sale. Cars he imported

Last edited by Davemcz; 22-07-2017 at 19:04..
Davemcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 19:23   #20
Robbo777
Senior User

Quote:

If you pm him im sure he will confirm he imported most of the gt's and mr rs when they were first released. Back then there were 2 main importers of those models. Nigel, and another company whom i can't remember

I would have thought he kept a record. It was a long time ago. Maybe he didnt keep a record, or maybe he didnt want to rumage through his records dating back to pre 2010. I dont have the pm facility to pm him and ask, and i dont have his number any more.

When i was going to import a gt, i was pointed in his direction to get the car through the import checks. Also, if you look through his posts (which i can't be arsed to do) you will probably see a number of cars (gt's and mr rs' or rs') that he had for sale. Cars he imported
In your defence Dave you are right in what you say, Nigel did import quite a few 9 GT's and 9 MR RS's back when they were brand new, however the amount of GT's/MR RS's that Nigel imported and the amount of GT's/MR RS's that are actually in the country now are two completely different things.
There have been many other importers/dealers/private individuals that have also imported these cars over the years and will continue to do so.
Robbo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 20:37   #21
Leroyturner
Boy Racer

Car: E9 GT
Quote:

You are correct!, Nigel has got record of VIN numbers of cars he imported. I spoke to him regarding my own GT.
Old 22-07-2017, 21:06   #22
Davemcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo777 View Post
In your defence Dave you are right in what you say, Nigel did import quite a few 9 GT's and 9 MR RS's back when they were brand new, however the amount of GT's/MR RS's that Nigel imported and the amount of GT's/MR RS's that are actually in the country now are two completely different things.
There have been many other importers/dealers/private individuals that have also imported these cars over the years and will continue to do so.
Dont quote me on this as things might have changed, or i might be wrong, as it was a long time ago and my memory isnt great. To get a car through customs you needed a spec sheet. Only 2 people in late 2005 had this. Until a car is 10 years old you would need that to register your import gt, mr, mr rs. Any importer of those 3 models up until late 2015 would have got the spec sheet from nigel or the other importer. After late 2015 im sure anyone could import these cars, but doubt that many have come over in the last 2 years. Knowing the sort of person nigel is, i would take a guess and say he could tell us how many gt's came over pre 2015. Ill take a guess and say 50. More than likely, nigel imported 25 of these

If my memory serves me well, nigels was also the 1st to register the 1st two evo x rs' in the uk
Davemcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 21:14   #23
staffi
TOO many posts.......

Car: Ruri Blue IX GT
Get back on topic folks for the poor guys for sale thread, who cares how many were made? It's a for sale thread that needs cleaning up
Old 22-07-2017, 21:41   #24
Mikeb1984
Senior User

Car: white 9 GT
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by staffi View Post
Get back on topic folks for the poor guys for sale thread, who cares how many were made? It's a for sale thread that needs cleaning up
About time someone said it.
Old 22-07-2017, 21:52   #25
MikeC
Senior User

Car: Red E5
Can I ask where the car was bought from? What's it's history?
MikeC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 09:28   #26
Peadar
Senior User

Car: Evo 9 GT
Quote:
To be fair, there is quite a lot of misinformation in this thread.

I'm not even going to comment on Dave's last post there, I think most right thinking people will just disregard it as absolute nonsense.

Last edited by Peadar; 23-07-2017 at 10:00.. Reason: Toned it down a bit
Peadar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 16:49   #27
leeuk1

Is it still for sale ?
leeuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 18:44   #28
AidanCorr

***SOLD***

A true gentleman & MLR member has bought the car. He got a cracking example.
AidanCorr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AidanCorr For This Useful Post:
staffi (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 19:15   #29
staffi
TOO many posts.......

Car: Ruri Blue IX GT
Yes top fella Ian.

Pete
Old 08-08-2017, 10:36   #30
Silent_Scone
Senior User

Car: Viii FQ340 MR (Stock - EBC Blue pads)
Quote:
I think for sale threads should be locked by the author or a mod. Most places do this, and this is why
Silent_Scone is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: