Lancer Register Forum banner

XP8's

4K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  thetyrant 
#1 · (Edited)
Have to have a quick mention on the Carbotech xp'8
I've been testing lots of pads recently on my x.
Ferrodo DS3000, DS2.11, PF01's,
Put some XP8 back in today - new set, and was blown away with them.
My car has no vac servo so having a pad that really works is much easier to assess IMO. The initial bite and consistency is in a leauge of its own!
Infact they are much better than I remember! Ian have they changed the xp8 compound??
Never the less! Quality stuff and highly reccomended from me.

#5 ·
Just put xp12's in my k sports after running ds3000's. Night and day difference. I thought the ds's were good but these are in a league of there own.
From cold there awesome and the hotter they get, well what can in say!!
Just blown away by them and would recommand them to anyone looking to upgrade there brakes:smthumbup.

#7 ·
Glad to hear youve got some proper pads back in now Ross :)....always good to hear from people who have tried other brands back to back in same caliper/disc setup as well, also fact you had Xp8 before then tried those others brands to see what they had to offer then came back and are this impressed is even better news :)

No change to the XP8 compound from previous set just maybe more of my sweat due to being so busy trying to keep up with demand :).. although we do now have some new compounds, XP20 ultra high torque/temps and RP2 for endurance racers.

Cheers
Ian

#12 ·
Saved myself a packet good while back with going from standard oem disks to stoptech slotted +xp8s over unknown pads (not great ones ;)) .......no need for big expensive brake upgrade for fast road use needed ! have advised all evo owners i know on the greatness of these xp8s ! cant fault them :smthumbup

#22 ·
You read all this hype and then have high expectations, but with most things the result is below par... Not the case with these, I expected a great pad with a night and day difference to the PF's which were good, and was very impressed with these :D very few things get hyped up so much an still prove to go beyond expectations

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.