Lancer Register Forum banner

Ported exhaust manifold...gains?

5K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  spen123 
#1 · (Edited)
What gains do you reckon i would see fitting a ported standard manifold to my 6.? (400/400..1.9 bar)

Ive heavily ported a 9 manifold (took about 5 hours!),so it matches both gaskets for improved flow.

Guesstimate bhp/torque gains?

Mod worth doing?

See less See more
#16 ·
You won't even notice you've done this when you drive it, it would have to be so badly made and finished in the first place for you to notice anything. You might notice 1000th of a second per lap over a 10 minute lap of a circuit other than that you will feel no different what so ever. If your going to hve it remapped after fitting this then you may as well get it mapped for all four seasons of the year.

It will help with the volumetric efficiency of the engine but nothing noticeable under foot unless likeni said it was ridiculously unmatched in the first place.

#17 ·
You won't even notice you've done this when you drive it, it would have to be so badly made and finished in the first place for you to notice anything. You might notice 1000th of a second per lap over a 10 minute lap of a circuit other than that you will feel no different what so ever. If your going to hve it remapped after fitting this then you may as well get it mapped for all four seasons of the year.

It will help with the volumetric efficiency of the engine but nothing noticeable under foot unless likeni said it was ridiculously unmatched in the first place.
Have you done this mod? Are you speaking from experience mate?...if so was it on an evo?

#20 ·
To the O.P , do a search and read my various through the years posts on the matter.

Marios

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.