Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Private Sales - Cars

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2017, 11:09   #1
Tiger1983
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
EVO 8 Fq400 650 bhp

Hi just wondering what price to advertise my car or is it worth keeping for a future investment

FULLY BUILT 2.2 stroker engine built by trl in 2012 running 650 bhp in cool silver
Fp black turbo
Rota WHEELS
D2 coilovers
Mileage 62000
Owned for last 8 years done 6000 miles in last 8 years sine engine was built in 2012 cars covered 2000 miles
Tiger1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:19   #2
chris_mak
Senior User
 
chris_mak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tyne & Wear
Car: White Evo V, 370bhp. Red TME, standard.
My Car
Posts: 1,620
It's difficult to say without seeing the car but you don't see many for sale nowadays. I'd say keep it as an investment if it was immaculate, low mileage and not modified. With anything though, you can't really rely on a car as being an investment.
__________________
1999 Evo 6 TME red
1998 Evo 5 370bhp white
2006 B7 RS4 saloon black
1988 Sierra Saph cosworth White
1995 E36 3.0 M3 saloon Green
chris_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:26   #3
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
My Car
Posts: 5,047
Built my TRL could be the problem as they are now non existent I beleve , if you have decent paperwork to prove and graphs and pics it would help
__________________
Evo 5 Rs 5 year build
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:30   #4
stu8
Senior User
 
stu8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southport
Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
Posts: 19,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Built my TRL could be the problem as they are now non existent I beleve , if you have decent paperwork to prove and graphs and pics it would help
its well out of any sort of warranty / comeback period anyway, so TRL (in that sense at least) shouldnt be an issue

Id say condition is everything, as with any evo, especially underneath, but as its not standard, that may stop it being an investment as such, though I think it will still be desirable

Stu
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:34   #5
Tiger1983
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger1983 View Post
Hi just wondering what price to advertise my car or is it worth keeping for a future investment

FULLY BUILT 2.2 stroker engine built by trl in 2012 running 650 bhp in cool silver
Fp black turbo
Rota WHEELS
D2 coilovers
Mileage 62000
Owned for last 8 years done 6000 miles in last 8 years sine engine was built in 2012 cars covered 2000 miles

Cars never been painted all panels are original.i have dyno graph and receipts over £10,000 spent on engine and turbo car runs mint never missed a beat since I've owned it,cars fully solid from underneath been garage parked since new.its had 2 owners on the v5.

Last edited by Tiger1983; 07-01-2017 at 11:37..
Tiger1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:40   #6
MidnightE6
Senior User
 
MidnightE6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 9,724
Investment investment investment, cars are for driving

However a few things to consider:

Is it called an investment when for a 'purist' it may be considered less desirable than a standard one.

As said TRL warranty even if they were trading wouldn't be useful to the new owner and depending on what/who/how you read TRL have mixed reviews anyway. So not sure that is a pro or con, same with any forged engine I guess (a small risk factor).

I think IF you wanted to maximise investment the car needs to be in OE form that's not saying your modified version of the FQ400 isn't worth much. But it does limit the options in my opinion. As someone looking for a FQ400 'may' be put of by the modifications and someone after a heavily modified VIII may
not want to pay any premium over a FQ300 with similar modifications.

That's just my opinion, still worth a lot of money however it would be hard to put a figure on it due to the above. I wish you the best of luck in whatever route you take.
__________________
MidnightE6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MidnightE6 For This Useful Post:
jamesfoster1987 (07-01-2017), Kevo1876 (19-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 11:42   #7
stu8
Senior User
 
stu8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southport
Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
Posts: 19,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightE6 View Post
Investment investment investment, cars are for driving

However a few things to consider:

Is it called an investment when for a 'purist' it may be considered less desirable than a standard one.

As said TRL warranty even if they were trading wouldn't be useful to the new owner and depending on what/who/how you read TRL have mixed reviews anyway. So not sure that is a pro or con, same with any forged engine I guess (a small risk factor).

I think IF you wanted to maximise investment the car needs to be in OE form that's not saying your modified version of the FQ400 isn't worth much. But it does limit the options in my opinion. As someone looking for a FQ400 'may' be put of by the modifications and someone after a heavily modified VIII may
not want to pay any premium over a FQ300 with similar modifications.

That's just my opinion, still worth a lot of money however it would be hard to put a figure on it due to the above. I wish you the best of luck in whatever route you take.
Agree with this, but just to add, suggesting prices is near impossible without good pics all round, outside, inside, underneath (especially underneath rear). Add to that, the milage, though low for its age, maybe isnt low enough to see it as a future investment

Stu
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stu8 For This Useful Post:
jamesfoster1987 (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 11:47   #8
jamesfoster1987
Senior User
 
jamesfoster1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
My Car
Posts: 161
I agree with what midnight and stu said above. It would be worth more or have a bigger appeal to more people if it was standard. Me personally i would rather an original fq 400 engine wise than a modified or forged one. Obviously its still worth a lot of money being a rare model so i wouldnt worry either way. Still a very rare car with only 100 ever built, not sure how many remain though. Any pictures mate?

Last edited by jamesfoster1987; 07-01-2017 at 11:52..
jamesfoster1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:58   #9
blackevo8
Junior User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 25
Must be worth at least £20k.......but on the right day to the right customer more like £25K......

Keep it mate.... very rare now!
blackevo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackevo8 For This Useful Post:
jamesfoster1987 (07-01-2017), Realbadman (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 12:05   #10
chris_mak
Senior User
 
chris_mak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tyne & Wear
Car: White Evo V, 370bhp. Red TME, standard.
My Car
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackevo8 View Post
Must be worth at least £20k.......but on the right day to the right customer more like £25K......

Keep it mate.... very rare now!
20k was on the tip of my tongue.
__________________
1999 Evo 6 TME red
1998 Evo 5 370bhp white
2006 B7 RS4 saloon black
1988 Sierra Saph cosworth White
1995 E36 3.0 M3 saloon Green
chris_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:08   #11
wolfy
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: LANCS
My Car
Posts: 7,703
Keep it it'll be worth a fortune. Get hold of the standard parts for it now if you've not got them, while they're cheap. The standard turbo was a ****ter any way so nobody would worry about that if you've got the manifold on it.
My 2p.
__________________
One day you're the dog, next day the lampost.



ЯEPUBLIC OF MANCUИIA
wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy For This Useful Post:
Mita (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 16:35   #12
Gav33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the garage
My Car
Posts: 530
In my opinion you would be very lucky to find an fq400 for £20k. Have seen a gunmetal grey Fq400 for sale at £28k recently. Rare car now so prices should only rise.
__________________
Evo IX MR FQ 360 no: 092
Gav33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gav33 For This Useful Post:
tommymak (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 16:49   #13
chris_mak
Senior User
 
chris_mak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tyne & Wear
Car: White Evo V, 370bhp. Red TME, standard.
My Car
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav33 View Post
In my opinion you would be very lucky to find an fq400 for £20k. Have seen a gunmetal grey Fq400 for sale at £28k recently. Rare car now so prices should only rise.
One I knew of in my town sold for 10k a couple of months ago. Devastated I missed out on it. It needed plenty of work doing mind but still...
__________________
1999 Evo 6 TME red
1998 Evo 5 370bhp white
2006 B7 RS4 saloon black
1988 Sierra Saph cosworth White
1995 E36 3.0 M3 saloon Green
chris_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 17:05   #14
tommymak
Senior User
 
tommymak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Preston
Car: Evo VII
Posts: 339
This is one of those difficult to answer threads and all you can do is collect all this advice and info and ultimately do a lot more homework before you price it.
For me personally the FQ400 is the daddy of all Evo's and It would also appeal to me more being modified and useable over a totally standard pampered one. So for me personally if a huge sum of money fell through my door and there was a standard mint FQ400 for sale for say 30k and yours if its as good as it sounds for 30k? I would go for yours all day long as i'm not personally interested in the investment side of things.
I personally think suggestions of 20k for yours are a tad low but as I say the FQ400 is the ultimate evo for me so i'm bound to value them higher
tommymak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tommymak For This Useful Post:
Speights (08-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 18:40   #15
GARY-8MR
Senior User
 
GARY-8MR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Essex
Car: EVO 8 MR FQ320, EVO IX MR RS
My Car
Posts: 959
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie.../2963727#/home

Sounds similar to this 1 which has been for sale over a year but knowing CA Performance it's probably in poor condition
GARY-8MR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GARY-8MR For This Useful Post:
jamesfoster1987 (08-01-2017)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.