Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 21-04-2010, 10:26   #16
chips_NI
Not a member of the PFSC

Car: Evolution X FQ300 GSR
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorro View Post
According to the sticker in the filler cap it must be atleast 98 RON.

The brakes do need to be better, I am experimenting a bit more now that the car is run in, and the brakes aren't great. Not sure whether some different pads (Ferodo DS2000?) would help.

I think I paid £520 for MSP

I also got a 20% discount, maybe it's standard?
fuel no different from X then

£520 for msp even 3 years for X was £400.

Some think its a rip off regardless but 2 year service, only the other day cost the plan £282 and me not a penny

Must do some more reading on them, surely there'll be decent aftermarket parts for these also
chips_NI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 10:56   #17
Xorro
Whizzy woman!

Car: Lancer Ralliart Sportback GSR SST _____ Volvo V70 2.5T R-Design ____ Ninja 250R ____ www.xorro.co.uk
My Car
Considering the 1000 mile service was going to cost £92 I'm pleased I have the MSP.

I think the LR would look better lowered but I said I wouldn't do any modifying... Let's see how long that lasts for!

The remap and exhaust from TRL also sound tempting, but I don't want to risk messing up the warranty.

Last edited by Xorro; 21-04-2010 at 11:00..
Xorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 19:59   #18
andy h

Car: lancer sportback ralliart
My wife is happy to drive the Lancer (Her normal drive is a Mini Convertible), She loves the auto gearbox and the direct but not too heavy steering.

Regarding fuel, I admit to using 95RON on a regular basis. I try to fill up on super every 4th tank at least. I noted fuel consumption was much the same as an EVO X. I think the difference would be when you are giving it some beans. EVO would then gulp more.
andy h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 07:33   #19
Xorro
Whizzy woman!

Car: Lancer Ralliart Sportback GSR SST _____ Volvo V70 2.5T R-Design ____ Ninja 250R ____ www.xorro.co.uk
My Car
I pretty much give my car beans at every opportunity managed to average 20mpg on the last tank. Filled up on V-Power which cost 131.9 a litre!
Old 22-04-2010, 19:16   #20
GUM EVO
Senior User

Car: 2008 EVO X & 2008 EVO IX
My Car
Hi Guys,

I got myself a sportback a couple of weeks ago... as I already have an evo X I opted for the 2.0 diesel turbo version. This uses the same engine as the 2.0tdi Golf's and produces 140bhp and 238lbs/ft. With remap and no other mods it can easily see 180bhp and 280-300lbs/ft

Was wondering... maybe somone should PM Darin and ask for a LANCER 08+ section on the forum so we can all discuss our models and it would attract more members too.

Is anyone interested in body styling items for their sportback such as front lip, rear wrc wing, rear carbon diffuser etc... as I am in the process of getting some things done.

Oh yeah I dont want to upset anyone but I get 46+ mpg's and high 50's motorway once fueling tables are sorted I expect better.

Kind regards,
GUM

2011 CLASS A MLRSS WINNER
GUM EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 20:20   #21
Xorro
Whizzy woman!

My Car
Good idea about the separate section, I had the same thought as it's difficult to find info on non-Evos.
Old 01-09-2010, 19:41   #22
stundies
shangalanga

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Ralliart GS
My Car
Smile New Lancer Sportback Ralliart Owner

I have traded in my Mitsu Outlander for a bargin priced Black Sportback Ralliart. I pick it up this Friday, can't wait . I'll report back once I have taken delivery with some pics

Last edited by stundies; 01-09-2010 at 19:42..
stundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 21:39   #23
Paulathome

Hi All,
I'm a lancer ralliart sportback owner for 2 weeks now
2010 in black
I traded in a modified focus ST and sold the wives fiesta to go back to one car, so far so good, very happy with the all-round features that have fulfilled all our needs.

Paul
Paulathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:10   #24
Xorro
Whizzy woman!

My Car
Nice one Paul.

It looks like most LR are in black!

Are you planning any mods for the Lancer?
Old 01-02-2011, 16:25   #25
david5

seen one in black outside a muscle gym in mansfield. looks great from the front!
david5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 17:17   #26
Paulathome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorro View Post
Nice one Paul.

It looks like most LR are in black!

Are you planning any mods for the Lancer?
Hi, I made some enquiries about a remap, ecutek seem to be the most obvious, the accessport from Cobb tuning isnt available at the moment for uk models, The replies i got from ecutek dealers is that an end-user cable will soon be available, which would enable the remapping and return to stock for servicing and warranty work to be done by the owner.
Thinking about carbon wrap for the bonnet scoop and grills, not sure yet though.
Paul
Paulathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 19:50   #27
Evomentalist

Car: Evo X, Canal Blue TME, 2014 Outlander, Opel Ascona 2.0 SR Berlina and BMW 530d M Sport
I have a white one with the leather upgrade which really looks good with the Ralliart embroidery. GS version so no sat-nav but that is fine by me. My missus drives it and she absolutely loves it and have finally trained her to run it on V-Power and she admits that the car runs a lot better on it.
She now wants it mapping too.......I think I have created a monster!!
Evomentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 20:51   #28
Flat Mat

Car: FQ300, TME & RS11
A mate at work has recently taken delivery of one. I will point him in the direction of the thread.

He's already had a speeding notification in the post!
Flat Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 21:03   #29
Rallyday
Senior User

Car: Lancer Ralliart GS. Black with Leather Alcantara Trim - TVR Tuscan for the weekend:-)
New Lancer Ralliart Owner

New Lancer Ralliart owner as a company car. Black GS with Optional Leather/ Alcantara Trim.

Really pleased with it. Last Mitsubishi I had was an Evo 6 (T6 BAS - which has been kicking around the MLR since 1999).

Clearly the LR doesn't quite have the dynamic ability of the EVO but the compromise is good for daily use/ long trips and its a lot nicer than 95% of everything else on the road.
Rallyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 13:46   #30
Xorro
Whizzy woman!

My Car
@Paulathome

Matt at TRL is doing the Ecutek, was that who you spoke to? Apparently its undetectable by the Misti dealers because the ECU on the LR is not locked.

@Evomentalist and RallyDay the leather/alcantara seats are gorgeous. I didn't know about them when I bought my LR.

Last edited by Xorro; 02-02-2011 at 13:47..
Xorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: