Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 19-04-2010, 12:54   #1
Xorro
Whizzy woman!

Car: Lancer Ralliart Sportback GSR SST _____ Volvo V70 2.5T R-Design ____ Ninja 250R ____ www.xorro.co.uk
My Car
Lancer Ralliart owners

Just wondering how many Lancer Ralliart Sportback owners there are on here? MLR is primarily populated by Evos so would be nice to talk to other LR owners

So far I think there are 3 including myself.

*edit*
List of known Ralliart owners:
Xorro
andy h
steviejames
stundies
Paulathome
Evomentalist
Rallyday
Davy_gsr
SpikeMY09GSR
CatherineB
Haylerd
tandahome
Shyam
Badgern
Haggis_75
reano7

Last edited by Xorro; 05-01-2012 at 15:26..
Xorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 20:42   #2
andy h

Car: lancer sportback ralliart
Hi

3 seems about right to me. Two black ones and my white one. I got mine in December 09 and I have only seem one other Sportback Ralliart on the road, that was a red one heading north out of Bath by the race course one morning.

I like the fact that it a rare beast. If it was a family run around I would be really concerned as I would be worried that I had bought the 'wrong' car. Given the attention the car creates I am not too concerned about being able to sell it on in a few years time. Only yesterday the girl at the petrol station told me not to use the car wash as she did not want it getting scratched! That was after she had given a token to the previous customer with a Toyota. She did give me a token for the car wash and suggested I passed it on to someone else!

Andy
andy h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 20:47   #3
Gizbod
|\| () |2 |\/| /\ |_ UsEr

Car: EVO VII RS II in silver and GSXR-600
My Car
I have never even seen one of these before.
Gizbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 20:49   #4
mark docherty

Car: evo v111 260
Seen one of these in paisley yesterday imho it was horrible from the back but i like the front.
mark docherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 20:56   #5
VXRCymru
Senior User

Car: Evo X 300 GSR
My Car
I seen a white one parked in Wareham they looka bit different how tunable are they?
Black 800bhp & 657 ftlbs R35 GTR & Blue Evo X FQ400 in the garage
VXRCymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 00:17   #6
Lucky Nv
Senior User

Car: Evo IX MR FQ360
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark docherty View Post
imho it was horrible from the back but i like the front.
have to agree with you there buddy
Lucky Nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 01:20   #7
chips_NI
Not a member of the PFSC

Car: Evolution X FQ300 GSR
My Car
Well its always a mistake to take the missus to the dealers.

She kindly took me over though to collect my X after its 2 year service and whilst I was offered a courtesy car, there was no way I was driving a Ssansong-dingalong diesel thing

But back to the point, the missus clapped eyes on one of the sportbacks and it was worse than the day she met me Love at first sight eh?

I'm really interested in owners views of this version of the Lancer and how it is in daily usage. Are the lower spec suspension and brakes any use? Is it just a detuned 4B11T? Hows MPG, tyres, servicing etc?

What would you pay for a decent second hander?

Cheers
chips_NI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 06:32   #8
steviejames

Car: Lancer Ralliart Sportback GS
My Car
we appear to be breeding.....
Old 20-04-2010, 06:47   #9
Xorro
Whizzy woman!

Car: Lancer Ralliart Sportback GSR SST _____ Volvo V70 2.5T R-Design ____ Ninja 250R ____ www.xorro.co.uk
My Car
I didn't like the rear to start with but now its really growing on me. Of all the cars I've owned this gets the most compliments, which surprised me.

It is tunable and uses the 4B11T engine. I have started to compile a list of differences against the Evo X here http://www.xorro.co.uk/vehicles/lanc...omparison.html

I'm not quite up to 1000 miles yet, so I can't really give and in-depth evaluation of the car, but my experience so far is that MPG is around 20 and I'm getting about 230 miles from a tank, but then the car is new and not bedded in. I think the brakes could be better, but again may not be bedded in. Interior looks to be pretty much the same as the Evo X.

My main concern at the moment is that it's not very exciting. I have a favourite b-road that I sometimes use on the way to work, in my old Mazda 3 MPS it was quite thrilling to drive the route, but not so much in the LR, maybe because it's more capable?

If anyone wants more pics there are some here : http://www.xorro.co.uk/vehicles/lancer-ralliart

Last edited by Xorro; 20-04-2010 at 07:59.. Reason: didn't have time to finish post before leaving for work.
Old 20-04-2010, 11:16   #10
Bodgit
User

Car: Evo X SST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorro View Post
It is tunable and uses the 4B11T engine. I have started to compile a list of differences against the Evo X here http://www.xorro.co.uk/vehicles/lanc...omparison.html

If anyone wants more pics there are some here : http://www.xorro.co.uk/vehicles/lancer-ralliart
I think the Ralliart SST geatbox does not have the super sport mode.
Bodgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 15:50   #11
MarkM
Senior User

Car: AMG, 172cup, Smart Grandstyle Turbo Cab, Transit Connect L2
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips_NI View Post
Is it just a detuned 4B11T?
still a 4b11, but there are some pretty major differences between the Evo and Ralliart lumps, not just a case of a remap and zorst!

Ai Autosport built, mapped and maintained
MarkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 17:05   #12
Xorro
Whizzy woman!

My Car
I have already spoken to TRL who can do a remap taking the car to 250/260, and an exhaust would give about another 20-30bhp on top.
Old 20-04-2010, 20:37   #13
andy h

Car: lancer sportback ralliart
In response to Chips questions, I use my Sportback everyday. About to clock 4,000mls in as many months. Around town expect 20-22mpg, 27mpg mixed and up to 32mpg on a run if you are steady. I took out the Mitsubishi Service Plan for £295 as quoted on the website at the time. I think it now shows £510for 3 years servicing.
I bought new because I was offered a 20% discount on the RRP. Second hand ones were being more expensive at the time! Cheapest used I have seen at a non-franchise dealer was £15,995.
As for the driving experience I guess it depends what you are used to. Grip is good, the ride is smooth and the body is well contolled. It does roll a little in the bends, just enough to remind you that you are pressing on. It really is one of those car that always seems to be travelling faster than you realised when you glance at the speedo. It is very easy to keep your speed up. A great mile eater. I suspect it is faster than Mitsubishi claim.
If it has a weakness it is the brakes. They stop you OK but do not inspire confidence like some machines I have owned.
andy h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 22:11   #14
chips_NI
Not a member of the PFSC

Car: Evolution X FQ300 GSR
My Car
Top response andy

cheers,

it would really be for the missus, and tuning it straight off wouldn't be in her plans, maybe if I get to use it a little it might be

Yes not evo standard, power, brakes, suspension, but similar MPG hmmm.
Must do some more reading up on these things, I've always like it myself too but keeping evo.

Regarding fuel does it have to be super unleaded 97+ or less?

Thanks again
chips_NI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 07:40   #15
Xorro
Whizzy woman!

My Car
According to the sticker in the filler cap it must be atleast 98 RON.

The brakes do need to be better, I am experimenting a bit more now that the car is run in, and the brakes aren't great. Not sure whether some different pads (Ferodo DS2000?) would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy h View Post
I took out the Mitsubishi Service Plan for £295 as quoted on the website at the time. I think it now shows £510for 3 years servicing.
I bought new because I was offered a 20% discount on the RRP.
I think I paid £520 for MSP

I also got a 20% discount, maybe it's standard?

Last edited by Xorro; 21-04-2010 at 07:42..
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: