Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 21:53   #46
corky_79
Senior User

Car: Evo VII RS (currently white)
My Car
Pace Ward has been excellent since I insured my car with them.

They have a fantastic team who will go out of their way to make sure you get the very best level of service.

Dan and Emma have sooooo much patience, god knows I have tried it recently
corky_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:38   #47
davie-evo4
Regional Organiser

Car: A slow yin
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsBro View Post
Wait for the guarantee to beat
When does this guarantee kick in.I foned you last week and your quote was double what my other quotes where (50% more than my re-newall).

Tony Beets.....The Legend.
davie-evo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:47   #48
And

Car: Evo VIII GSR, Black with red leather interior, Do-Luck wide arch kit, Rota GTR rims 265 tyres
My Car
Send a message via MSN to And
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsBro View Post
Wait for the guarantee to beat
I guess I'll find out next year........
If you can't beat will you give out £100?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:51   #49
Cam&LadyL
Spoon arms Ltd

Car: Black VI by Full Race Thingy-majig
My Car
Great people to deal with, and great price personally

Jez and Emma and the rest of his team get my vote...

Last edited by Cam&LadyL; 03-02-2009 at 08:52..
Cam&LadyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:37   #50
nick_evo

My Car
It might be the fact that i've been with them for 5 years, with all my scoobs and now the Evo. I suppose they want to keep me as a customer.

There is insurance loyalty in this world after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****-Happens!! View Post
Keith Michaels were £900 out on when quoting me and tbh I have tried a lot of companies and only 3 would even quote me. PW get a thumbs up from me, without them I would of sold the car.
nick_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:53   #51
And

Car: Evo VIII GSR, Black with red leather interior, Do-Luck wide arch kit, Rota GTR rims 265 tyres
My Car
I always phone around each year anyway, to make sure I get the best quote I can, doing that this year saved me £270 on my renewal but every ones circumstances are different, the only rule to live by is never settle for the renewal
Old 03-02-2009, 16:18   #52
A13XCO

Car: Evo 8
My Car
Send a message via Yahoo to A13XCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by And View Post
I always phone around each year anyway, to make sure I get the best quote I can, doing that this year saved me £270 on my renewal but every ones circumstances are different, the only rule to live by is never settle for the renewal
Same here, I never settle for the renewal either.

A few years ago I was insured by Adrian Flux on a heavily modified Saxo VTS and my renewal came in from them which was £1700ish (up a good bit over my previous year), I rang them up and asked why it had went up and they told me general insurance costs had increased for evryone

I then phoned everyone and did loads of online quotes, and finally got a quote of just over £1000 - I then foned Adrian Flux about this as they had a flyer in with my renewal saying call them if i have had a better offer and they will try their best to beat it.

After a 2 minute fone call to them, they said they would match it - saving £700ish Just goes to show that they are happy to increase my premuim, but not so willing to reduce it unless its questioned.
Old 03-02-2009, 16:32   #53
insaneyouth
geekmapped

Car: evo 6 tme, touched by the hand of god aka grayw
when i get my renewel through i phone around to see if anyone can beat it, if they do i usualy don't bother seeing if the company i was with before can beat it. the way i see it they should give me their best quote, if they don't then my business will go else where.
when i price up any work i will give the client my best price, if someone comes in under me then i don't get a second chance. i can't see why insurance companies/brokers don't do the same, they are just to busy trying to fleece us out of as much money as they can
insaneyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 16:43   #54
Barry P.
Senior User

Car: Red Evo IX GT, Silver Evo 2 GSR, Radical SR3, Van Diemen Formula Ford,and a big "Datsun".
My Car
Jeremy, what's the situation regarding trackers with your new underwriters? I asked for a quote when I bought my Evo IX about 14 months ago and was told my make of tracker ,which incidentally meets all of the recognised Thatcham guidelines, was not acceptable by your company and that I would have to fit a different make (RAC Trackstar if I remember correctly).This was not a viable option so I went to Keith Michaels who were quite happy with the Thatcham approved tracker that was fitted so they had my business.
Old 03-02-2009, 16:50   #55
Evosteve
Super street sprinter ???

Car: Electric blue IX fq 300 413 bhp 401 torque
My Car
As most are saying you can get cheaper insurance elsewhere but is it the same ? im with pace ward all mods declared and covered agreed value etc.
Track day and ring cover when i need it.

with the likes of admiral they have a clause of replacing STANDARD parts only even if informed of mods which they charge you extra for aswell

so its not like for like cover is it.

just my 2p worth like most things you get what you pay for
Old 03-02-2009, 16:57   #56
marksmart

Car: Evo 9 FQ300 - Tuned to 447 bhp with 398 lbs (high) / 398 bhp with 359 lbs (low)
My Car
Send a message via MSN to marksmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
I have had quotes of PW before, but somebody has always beaten them
Same here and by about 60% more than what I'm currently paying!! However it 2009 now and as recommend by the MLR I thought it only fair to allow them to re-quote me...what's the harm, I mean Darin made it so simple to add about two of my own details to the from provided and press submit!! What could be simpler than that and with the chance of saving some money, it's a thumbs up from me

Regards

Mark

Walbro 255 / Sard 700cc Injectors / Perrin 1000 bhp rated Intercooler / Turbo Technics S209 / Mongoose Exhaust, Downpipe & De-cat / HKS Racing Suction Kit / Turbosmart Eboost-2 / Performance Friction Disc's & Pads / EcuFlash twin maps with pops & bangs.
marksmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 17:08   #57
And

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evosteve View Post
As most are saying you can get cheaper insurance elsewhere but is it the same ? im with pace ward all mods declared and covered agreed value etc.
Track day and ring cover when i need it.

with the likes of admiral they have a clause of replacing STANDARD parts only even if informed of mods which they charge you extra for aswell

so its not like for like cover is it.

just my 2p worth like most things you get what you pay for
This year my renewal was £920 from PW and this was the best best deal they could do for me, phone adrian flux and they knocked of £100 then A-plan offered £150 less as I phone back each one they all managed to knock off a little more each time. (so they never give you their best quote) also all of the policy's were the same everything like for like on mods (which I have a few) in the end I got the quote to £650 like for like but this wasn't with track day insurance. I then phoned Nowell and Richards and their quote was £655 like for like on mods and then track day insurance was £53 each time so ended up going with them. In the end PW could still only offer £780ish which was less than the BEST quote (for exactly the same thing) but still not good enough. For about 15 phone calls I saved £270 on the renewal for exactly the same thing which I thing is well worth the effort.

Andy
Old 03-02-2009, 17:12   #58
A13XCO

My Car
Andy, can i ask what age you are mate? Points, Accidents, NCB?

PM if you prefer.
Old 03-02-2009, 17:18   #59
And

My Car
NO probs at the time of the quote I was 31, 0 points, 9years NCB and 1 accident 4 years ago
Old 03-02-2009, 17:24   #60
A13XCO

My Car
Cheers mate, very similar to myself

I'll keep them in mind for a quote come renewal time in April

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: