Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 31-05-2008, 20:58   #46
Ridgback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Yorkshire
Car: Black Evolution IX - Now gone, I'm Evo-less!!!!!
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeVolution View Post
Just adds more strength to the rumour that the Govt/DVLA haven't a clue what's going on... Something to do with left and right hands...! Congratulations Ridgback, I'm happy for you, PLG is almost a "protected" taxation class and definitely something to cherish, but for those who have been awarded Petrol Car, the story is not so rosy. Is your IX an import or UK car? All adds strength to our ability to challenge the system tho..

My IX is a UK car, I remember being suprised when I received the log book. Recently changed address so the first thing I checked when I got the log book back was to make sure the taxation class was still the same
Ridgback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:12   #47
EVO808
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Car: EVO 8 FQ300 (ish)
Posts: 580
I took on board EVO ownership and cost when I bought my car.
If a few quid means that you don't want to own the car anymore then sell it.
I don't like paying out myself but I did way up all the pro's and con's and decided that the EVO was what I wanted and I still love it.
Don't moan about something you can't change.
__________________
I need petrol,tyres,pads,discs and a service.
EVO808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:29   #48
evo'dchris
MLR Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: scotland,hartwood
Car: lancer evolution 5 with induction kit and electronic boost controller
My Car
Posts: 189
Send a message via MSN to evo'dchris
hi im new here and i have just bought a evo 5 date of first reg is 01/02/1998 and date of import is 30/10/07 and they are charging me £400 pa.surely this is not right and they will change my v5 to show plg.can someone please advise.thanks chris
evo'dchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:49   #49
EVO808
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Car: EVO 8 FQ300 (ish)
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo'dchris View Post
hi im new here and i have just bought a evo 5 date of first reg is 01/02/1998 and date of import is 30/10/07 and they are charging me £400 pa.surely this is not right and they will change my v5 to show plg.can someone please advise.thanks chris


__________________
I need petrol,tyres,pads,discs and a service.
EVO808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:22   #50
BeeVolution
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suffolk
Car: Evo VI GSR, mods restricted to helping it breathe!
My Car
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO808 View Post
I took on board EVO ownership and cost when I bought my car.
If a few quid means that you don't want to own the car anymore then sell it.
I don't like paying out myself but I did way up all the pro's and con's and decided that the EVO was what I wanted and I still love it.
Don't moan about something you can't change.
Yes 808, hopefully we all took the high ownership costs into account when we initially took the plunge, I have no gripe with anyone fortunate enough to be taxed as PLG - in fact good for them!! Even a Mini Cooper attracts the £400 duty as a Petrol Car and the Evo is in a different league..

If you could have been bothered to review the string, it is the inequalities applied by the dear old Govt & DVLA which is the issue! It may have escaped your notice, but even the polititians are uncomfortable about the application of higher taxation classes to existing vehicles.. There is no consistency with the application of Duty to post 1991 cars. I don't feel that implying mockery to evo'dchris is particularly helpful from a fellow owner..
BeeVolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 23:24   #51
EVO808
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Car: EVO 8 FQ300 (ish)
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeVolution View Post
Yes 808, hopefully we all took the high ownership costs into account when we initially took the plunge, I have no gripe with anyone fortunate enough to be taxed as PLG - in fact good for them!! Even a Mini Cooper attracts the £400 duty as a Petrol Car and the Evo is in a different league..

If you could have been bothered to review the string, it is the inequalities applied by the dear old Govt & DVLA which is the issue! It may have escaped your notice, but even the polititians are uncomfortable about the application of higher taxation classes to existing vehicles.. There is no consistency with the application of Duty to post 1991 cars. I don't feel that implying mockery to evo'dchris is particularly helpful from a fellow owner..
Get a life.



.............My car costs me money which I am happy to pay. Otherwise I would sell it.

Are you going to change the "Govt & DVLA"? If you can then I'm 100% behind you.
__________________
I need petrol,tyres,pads,discs and a service.
EVO808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 20:42   #52
martin thomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 92
Just picked up my 07 360 from the dealers and i paid just over 100quid for 6 months. Looked on the tax disc and it says plg.lol
Martin
martin thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:10   #53
alexst
Evoless for now...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Yorkshire
Car: Evo VII - sold, Evo V - sold, building a house and looking for a white V RS...
My Car
Posts: 2,046
£185 for 12 months bought and paid for yesterday, get in! Don't hate the player... hate the game.
alexst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 19:14   #54
spivwith
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nr Bridgwater in Somerset
Car: Evo 9 FQ340
Posts: 10
Just had the paperwork through for my evo 9 and its £210 for the full twelve, bonus
spivwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 09:30   #55
PFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frozen North
Car: Wingo
Posts: 1,100
Part of this isn't about getting a change in policy it's about getting the DVLA to apply the current policy consistently.

Some Evo owners are being robbed as a result of the DVLA NOT applying the current VED policy correctly. Currently this "mistake" is only costing them £25 a year, next year and onwards it wil cost them hundreds unless they get it sorted.

IMHO VED should be scrapped, the new rates have nothing to do with the total emmsions of a vehicle over a year, it's just a "nice car tax"

Little low polluting box on wheels will produce more emmissions than an Evo or the like if the box is driven over a much greater distance than the Evo.

e.g drive little box that kicks out 100g/KM three time further than a 300g/km evo and they both produce the same pollution, but the EVO (or other car such as Porsche, Merc, MPV!etc ) pays a substantial amount more VED.

Just wait until next Appril when this kicks in, we'll see if the poo hits the fan then like it did with the 10p tax rate.


PFC
PFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 09:36   #56
A13XCO
Registered User
 
A13XCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Glasgow
Car: Evo 8
My Car
Posts: 1,088
Send a message via Yahoo to A13XCO
Mines is also PLG - due just now at £185 for the 12 months

Need to go get it tomorrow I think.
__________________
A13XCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 10:04   #57
BeeVolution
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suffolk
Car: Evo VI GSR, mods restricted to helping it breathe!
My Car
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC View Post
Part of this isn't about getting a change in policy it's about getting the DVLA to apply the current policy consistently.

Some Evo owners are being robbed as a result of the DVLA NOT applying the current VED policy correctly. Currently this "mistake" is only costing them £25 a year, next year and onwards it wil cost them hundreds unless they get it sorted.

PFC
PFC is spot on here, this is where the thread originated; there is very little chance (to put it mildly) that we will be able to affect policy, but there is huge inconsistency regarding the application of the legislation/guidance by the DVLA. No-one is whingeing as is implied by some; running an Evo is an expensive proposition, but the fact that some individuals are being whacked by £400 VED for a Petrol Car classification for earlier Evo models, whilst others are fortunate to be paying £185 for a model classified as PLG for a later registration, is a graphic demonstration of such inequality.

Keep posting your rates fellow MLR members, it's all evidence and together we are stronger!

Cheers!
BeeVolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 10:26   #58
EVO808
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Car: EVO 8 FQ300 (ish)
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeVolution View Post
PFC is spot on here, this is where the thread originated; there is very little chance (to put it mildly) that we will be able to affect policy, but there is huge inconsistency regarding the application of the legislation/guidance by the DVLA. No-one is whingeing as is implied by some; running an Evo is an expensive proposition, but the fact that some individuals are being whacked by £400 VED for a Petrol Car classification for earlier Evo models, whilst others are fortunate to be paying £185 for a model classified as PLG for a later registration, is a graphic demonstration of such inequality.

Keep posting your rates fellow MLR members, it's all evidence and together we are stronger!

Cheers!

I agree in strength in numbers but we are a very insignificant number.
__________________
I need petrol,tyres,pads,discs and a service.
EVO808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 10:58   #59
BeeVolution
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suffolk
Car: Evo VI GSR, mods restricted to helping it breathe!
My Car
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO808 View Post
I agree in strength in numbers but we are a very insignificant number.
Cheers for that EVO888 , but it isn't just us I suspect, once we have a case, I intend to communicate with the wider motoring community and see if we can gather greater support. One can but try...
BeeVolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 14:48   #60
expulsar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Car: Evo VIII fq 300
Posts: 33
try a private plate on your car, might make the dumbasses at dvla loose track of things? they certainly have with mine approval:null (rather then m1) on an 03 evo 8

*forgot to add- its a uk car btw

Last edited by expulsar; 21-07-2008 at 14:50..
expulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT. The time now is 21:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.