Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 22:29   #16
Nicks
Senior User

Car: Evo VIII 260 + a bit more
Just had a go and it came back £210 for 12 months.
Nicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:15   #17
alexst
Evoless for now...

Car: Evo VII - sold, Evo V - sold, building a house and looking for a white V RS...
My Car
Selling your car is a bit over the top IMHO if your lucky enough to own an EVO and maintain it properly surley £440 once a year isnt that much in the grand scheme of things, If I couldnt afford that I personally would never have bought an evo in the first place! Just my 2p's worth.
alexst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:56   #18
Jockdansouf'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexst View Post
Selling your car is a bit over the top IMHO if your lucky enough to own an EVO and maintain it properly surley £440 once a year isnt that much in the grand scheme of things, If I couldnt afford that I personally would never have bought an evo in the first place! Just my 2p's worth.
Not really, and I could afford it but with a 911, an Integrale EVOII and an Alfa V6 I'm a bit narked that tax for 3 vehicles is £555 and one is £440. I was looking at the bigger longer term saleability (we all eventually sell our cars) and to me trying to sell my car against identical others is going to become difficult when the majority of all other EVO6's is ~£185. In the longer term the values of the more expensive to tax cars will take a hit. Think two or three years down the line and an EVO6 costs £5k and tax is maybe £600 as opposed to £185-200. Starts to make a difference doesn't it. 5 years of ownership would be £2200 in tax compared to £925!!

As I said, I will get another EVO but one in the PLG bracket next time....
Jockdansouf' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 09:45   #19
BeeVolution
Senior User

Car: Evo VI GSR, mods restricted to helping it breathe!
My Car
Vehicle Excise Duty - not the usual!!

Ok, I know the subject has been rehearsed before, but I want to approach the topic from a different angle.

Like many (it would appear) I have been struck by a somewhat disproportionate levy in the car tax arena; as the owner of an "import" I now face a higher than appropriate to age fee which will undoubtedly rise exponentially at the next budget!!

I have read the "tight-wad" retorts on the site, but it isn't a matter of cost; no-one would buy an Evo if they were expecting their motoring pleasure to come cheap. No, this is a matter of principle! The DVLA/VOSA appear to apply what is little more than a lottery to the application of taxation classes to our pride and joy and huge inequalities seem to abound!

I have researched the matter at some length and seem to be getting to the crux of the matter - it all seems to centre around the SVA and Type Approval process and what information was submitted when your car was first registered!

Enough for now, as there is little point in rambling on if there is only a minor level of interest in the subject (or, more importantly, the outcome). If you are the owner of an imported pre March 2001 vehicle which has now been classified as Petrol Car or is otherwise liable to duty as per cylinder capacity or CO2 emissions, or a car registered before 23rd March 2006 but likewise subjected to a Duty not consistent with it's UK counterpart, I would be interested to hear from you as this issue needs to be addressed. So date of import, registration dates (original and UK) and VED classification including current duty would be appreciated.

I can't promise anything, but if we don't try...
BeeVolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 12:06   #20
Jockdansouf'

I tried, got nowhere with MP's and or DVLA.....even though they all agreed with everything I said, queried, argued, discussed unfortunatley it is a Government, policy issue. Like many government policies they are full of flaws, inconsistencies and unfairness. Some people win, many people tend to lose.
Believe you me I am the sort of person to pursue "injustices" but on this one I was getting far to stressed out by indifferences of these relevent departments.....
It'll drive you mad mate.....Either give up or accept it......I very much doubt you'll ever change it.....I could read you chapter and verse the regs from DVLA, VOSA, ESVA's etc etc.....The only way you'd ever fight this is with a lot of money and/or the possibility to get someone to lobby it for you in Parliament......MP's don't give a toss as it's all against their (party) principles with the current idealism that the UK alone can either destroy or clean up the whole planet with it's enviromental policies.......
Old 15-04-2008, 12:30   #21
BeeVolution
Senior User

My Car
Hey J, thanks for that, this has been going on (in private) since last September, I know exactly where you are coming from on the frustration front; and yes, been there with the agreement side - up until the point where it comes to money and mouths, from pillar to post. So she's still up as Petrol Car, which makes no sense whatsoever for a car of that age AND is at odds with the word and verse of their own guidance.... A friend has a 2 yr old V10 Toerag and only pays only £210.

You are absolutely right, no-one gives a damn, it's the classic NIMBY scenario and yes I've wound up annoyed and frustrated

I'm not going to make this my life's ambition, like you, I've probably had enough, but perhaps we should gauge the level this runs to..? It can't be just Evo owners..

Amusing perhaps therefore that we're being forced to run on 2.5% biofuel to reduce CO2 emissions - bet there are no cashback intentions in the budget for lower CO2 from cars...........!

Keep in touch, as they said in the film "it's not over yet"!
Old 19-04-2008, 22:48   #22
3gan
Geek Mapped

Car: Red Ralliart Evo 6 Tommi Makinen
My Car
Question about this please!

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for L333 GAN are:
My Car tommi mak evo 6 2000 model
Date of Liability 01 11 2008
Date of First Registration 05 05 2005 (Imported)
Year of Manufacture 2000
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2000CC
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £101.75
12 Months Rate £185.00

My question, it looks like I am a lucky one with the tax thingy which is a bummer cause my mate and his evo 5 have to pay silly money!

My question? does this mean, if you look above: CO2 Emissions 0g/Km????
So does this mean I dont need emissions test for an MOT???

Cheers,
3gan
Old 20-04-2008, 01:40   #23
footsie
Senior User

Car: Tommi Makinen evo 6.now given to wee-marcus.son.New Red one Now.
My Car
Send a message via Yahoo to footsie
Don,t pay it
footsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 06:55   #24
Jockdansouf'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gan View Post
The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for L333 GAN are:
My Car tommi mak evo 6 2000 model
Date of Liability 01 11 2008
Date of First Registration 05 05 2005 (Imported)
Year of Manufacture 2000
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2000CC
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval null
6 Months Rate £101.75
12 Months Rate £185.00

My question, it looks like I am a lucky one with the tax thingy which is a bummer cause my mate and his evo 5 have to pay silly money!

My question? does this mean, if you look above: CO2 Emissions 0g/Km????
So does this mean I dont need emissions test for an MOT???

Cheers,
3gan

Your car was registered before March 2006 which means it would have only been SVA'd. An SVA does not require an emissions test. Cars registered after March 2006 require a Enhanced SVA test which includes an emissions test. The emissions figure will be obtained from a "model report" which states the emissions for the type of vehicle and this is entered into the paper work to register the car. Unfortunately all EVO 6's are around 300g/km so well and truly in Band G and £400 and going up.

Any car that can be proved to be over 10 years at registration will not require an SVA or an ESVA so there will be no emissions based VD and it will be charged on the PLG basis. When was your mates EVO 5 registered?
Old 22-04-2008, 18:45   #25
NEAKY

Car: White Evo 6 GSR , Seat Altea FR
My Car
When i did a vehicle enquiry it didn't come up with how much the tax is for my car , its down as PLG on the reg document , its a 1999 imported VI (first uk owner in Jan 2007) but the reg document says that the date of first registration is 30/04/99 so i am confused about that as well as how much our tax will be
Anyone able to help
NEAKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 08:58   #26
BeeVolution
Senior User

My Car
Neaky, looks like you're one of the lucky ones - PLG will attract £185 Duty, it sounds like one of the farcicle examples of how the DVLA and VOSA are lashing this up with inconsistency; if it was first registered in Japan (sorry have I misunderstood your email?) and then imported with the first UK owner at Jan 2007, the penalty should be much greater (nuff said), so I'd keep my head down if I were you!!
Old 23-04-2008, 10:24   #27
NEAKY

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeVolution View Post
Neaky, looks like you're one of the lucky ones - PLG will attract £185 Duty, it sounds like one of the farcicle examples of how the DVLA and VOSA are lashing this up with inconsistency; if it was first registered in Japan (sorry have I misunderstood your email?) and then imported with the first UK owner at Jan 2007, the penalty should be much greater (nuff said), so I'd keep my head down if I were you!!
I certainly ain't gonna ring them to check if its right
I don't pay anything at the moment cos i get it for free but that will end eventually and hopefully it will be on the cheaper scale
Its hard to work things out though as the UK reg document says that the first registration is 30/04/99 but i would have thought that it would be the date that it got registered in the UK. Never mind so long as its the cheaper duty
Old 23-04-2008, 11:34   #28
GrahamH

Car: Yellow'430',decat,HKS induction kit,AVCR,HKS272's, Series 80 with bb core,blitz exhaust & a remapppp
My Car
The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for N*04 U** are:

Date of Liability 01 06 2008
Date of First Registration 30 04 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1997CC
CO2 Emissions 258g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Vehicle Colour YELLOW
Vehicle Type Approval M1
6 Months Rate £115.50
12 Months Rate £210.00

Looks like I'm a lucky one but this is a price as of now so how much would it be as of March next year?
Old 23-04-2008, 12:41   #29
BeeVolution
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAKY View Post
I certainly ain't gonna ring them to check if its right
I don't pay anything at the moment cos i get it for free but that will end eventually and hopefully it will be on the cheaper scale
Its hard to work things out though as the UK reg document says that the first registration is 30/04/99 but i would have thought that it would be the date that it got registered in the UK. Never mind so long as its the cheaper duty
You're right, if first registered in the UK in 1999, it would be classified as PLG, but if registration was after either March 1st 2001 or March 2006 would be clasified as Petrol Car and subject (currently) to £210 and £400 PA respectively. As Jockdansouf said earlier, these later cars were subjected to NTA and ESVA testing and classification went awry. If yours has been classified as PLG and an original registration date of 1999 used, you are very fortunate indeed! Bee
Old 23-04-2008, 13:23   #30
NEAKY

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeVolution View Post
You're right, if first registered in the UK in 1999, it would be classified as PLG, but if registration was after either March 1st 2001 or March 2006 would be clasified as Petrol Car and subject (currently) to £210 and £400 PA respectively. As Jockdansouf said earlier, these later cars were subjected to NTA and ESVA testing and classification went awry. If yours has been classified as PLG and an original registration date of 1999 used, you are very fortunate indeed! Bee
Cheers all i can say is WOOHOO
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: