Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Old 10-01-2017, 09:34   #1
zestyfesty
User

C63S? Meh...

The acknowledgement the car gets never ceases to impress me. Never a nasty or derisory adjective yelled my way (not when I was in the car at least)

Tootled out to mechanic's workshop to pick up some fluids and bits today. Cruising home in the sunshine on freeway, windows down, admiring a spanking new C63S in front of me, when a ute pulls up alongside me in the slow lane, 2 blokes onboard, passenger leaning across his driver, arm outstretched towards me, big thumbs up, a manic grin and 'Yeah!' He looked like he'd just had a line of something...

The sparkling new C63S right in front of me, lots of chrome and lots of exhausts, what 8 times the price? much more powerful, 'desirable' badge etc..., but the blokes in the ute clearly weren't desperate to acknowledge their admiration for it. Yet the 17yr old rally car sends them into a fit.

15mins later I'm parked on the side of the road on the phone windows down, a runner approaches on the footpath and as he passes...'awesome car mate'

Is it the excessive wings and addenda that causes all this attention?
Are these admirers bogans (chavs) just reacting to the wings and body addenda? Or do they spot it as a road-going version of a car that won a motorsport world championship?

I wonder.
zestyfesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:41   #2
danb87
Senior User

Car: Evo 8 fq300mr 547hp blouch 760xtr
My Car
i quite often get a thumbs up or a nice car mate.

to which the missus takes the **** out of me for.

yet to know the reason behind it. an why people pay attention.

funny i had a group of kids local yell, ya cars sh*T at me

so i drove up road, round the round about an pulled up in the bus lane to have a brief chat.... very politely

the culprit was a 16yrold rolling around on one of them electric foot segway things, which i had to take the **** out of an laugh at its neon lights. i could not help myself.

safe to say he was slightly embarrased infront of his mates as they was probally younger an not naffing around with kids toys
danb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:41   #3
wolfy
Senior User

My Car
Which Subaru you got mate?

ЯEPUBLIC OF MANCUИIA
wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolfy For This Useful Post:
evo247 (10-01-2017), Evo87 (10-01-2017), MidnightE6 (10-01-2017), willox (10-01-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 10:40   #4
UTH
Senior User

Car: VI Extreme RS450
My Car
Don't think I've ever had a comment, positive or otherwise. Guess that's London for ya!
UTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 20:57   #5
Sparksgsr
Senior User

Car: viii fq320 & vi gsr
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by zestyfesty View Post
The acknowledgement the car gets never ceases to impress me. Never a nasty or derisory adjective yelled my way (not when I was in the car at least)

Tootled out to mechanic's workshop to pick up some fluids and bits today. Cruising home in the sunshine on freeway, windows down, admiring a spanking new C63S in front of me, when a ute pulls up alongside me in the slow lane, 2 blokes onboard, passenger leaning across his driver, arm outstretched towards me, big thumbs up, a manic grin and 'Yeah!' He looked like he'd just had a line of something...

The sparkling new C63S right in front of me, lots of chrome and lots of exhausts, what 8 times the price? much more powerful, 'desirable' badge etc..., but the blokes in the ute clearly weren't desperate to acknowledge their admiration for it. Yet the 17yr old rally car sends them into a fit.

15mins later I'm parked on the side of the road on the phone windows down, a runner approaches on the footpath and as he passes...'awesome car mate'

Is it the excessive wings and addenda that causes all this attention?
Are these admirers bogans (chavs) just reacting to the wings and body addenda? Or do they spot it as a road-going version of a car that won a motorsport world championship?

I wonder.
i know what car id take an interest in if i was and it may sound biased being a owner but there just so mich more interesting than c63 m3 rs 2,4,6 or whatever do you not think?

most cars are mass produced and then you can have the sports versions of said mass production cars most are not all that different to look at all very modern looking to a certain design style.. usually black or white

the evos,skyline,supra,impreza,rx7 there all interesting rare and quick
altho that said there were some options 2.0na auto floating around
Old 11-01-2017, 21:49   #6
vinyard
Senior User

Car: 2 Evo's gone, now C63 estate and R1
Ive had more people talk to me about my c63 than either of my evos, but I guess I do visit the shell garage more often now.
vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: