Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Private Sales - Cars

Old 19-01-2017, 08:32   #16
Harryrs12

Do you have a contact number?
Harryrs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 15:27   #17
pol

I tried to email you but the email address does not exist.

Can you please provide an email or contact number?

thanks
pol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 21:40   #18
will2
Regional Organiser

Car: jdm evo 7gsr , forged +full buddyclub exhaust,cams+ ix turbo,silver fastest with carbon ! ......
Sweet Mak sir , she shall find a good home we do pray
will2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 01:23   #19
Mad Monk
Senior User

Car: White UK VI TME no37,White IX GT, BMW 125 M sport
[QUOTE=pol;5740020]I tried to email you but the email address does not exist.

Can you please provide an email or contact number?

try email:- wayne@iyf-racing.com
or 07894944911
Old 25-01-2017, 00:56   #20
Mad Monk
Senior User

I'm starting to think i may have to go through that drama of blasting and painting the underside as it seems that anyone looking to buy one of these cars forgets how old they actually are and expect the underside of a 15/16 year old car to look like new
jamesfoster1987 (25-01-2017)
Old 25-01-2017, 01:12   #21
HF
Senior User

Car: Evo 6.5 TME RS
My Car
Send a message via AIM to HF
Becoming the norm.
Old 27-01-2017, 01:13   #22
Mad Monk
Senior User

Yes i agree it does seem to be the normal expectations of the "new" Evo owner but to someone like i who has owned a specific evo from new for almost 16yrs, and one that was bought new in the UK 16yrs ago i find it difficult to understand and comprehend why one would expect a 16yr old car to still look like it did when it left the factory

Last edited by Mad Monk; 28-01-2017 at 01:21..
Mad Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad Monk For This Useful Post:
HF (27-01-2017), willox (25-02-2017)
Old 30-01-2017, 00:53   #23
Mad Monk
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryrs12 View Post
Do you have a contact number?
Harry
i sent you my number etc
Old 21-02-2017, 00:44   #24
Mad Monk
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF View Post
Becoming the norm.
Update on the sale of Edna, UK TME edition No 37/250 (a very rare one owner UK car)
I am very surprised that as of now this car is still for sale seeing as it is a rarity to find a genuine one owner UK TME for sale now. I have had several enquirys which I am pleased about but every time we end up discussing whether or not the car has any rust underneath, well yes of course it has it's a 16yr old UK registered car that surprisingly has actually been driven on our UK roads and although it has been used very little for the past 8yrs (which can be verified on the DVLA website) has got some rust underneath as one would expect. I have had great pleasure in owning and enjoying this genuine car over the past 16yrs, hoping that I would be able to sell it in its original genuine condition to someone who would appreciate it as a genuine car, seeing past a little surface rust appreciating it for what it is or being prepared to spend some time and effort restoring the underneath to how it was when new.
Unfortunately this has not happened so i feel I have been left with no option other than to embark on the mission of stripping it from the transfer box back, shot blasting and repainting it back to as close as I can as it was when I bought it new 16yrs ago. It will look great when it's done and someone will get themselves a great car but i have to admit I am disappointed that I am going to end my days as an Evo owner with a very sour taste in my mouth.
Austin_IV (25-02-2017), Steve mr375 (21-02-2017)
Old 21-02-2017, 12:32   #25
leeslancer8
Senior User

Car: EVO 8 260 - EVO 7 RSII - EVO 8 FQ320 MR
Maybe it would be worth either posting photos up of the underside and or lowering the asking price as no doubt the underside will cost money/ take time

It looks a good car
leeslancer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 13:54   #26
Dereksti
Senior User

Car: Scotia white tommi mak.
My Car
Good advice above underside shot is what's needed so buyer can see what needs doing and what expense is involved does look,a decent car the fact it's a uk model and been driven solely in the uk is probably putting people off.
Dereksti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dereksti For This Useful Post:
cookie25 (21-02-2017)
Old 21-02-2017, 19:21   #27
Gg3001
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeslancer8 View Post
Maybe it would be worth either posting photos up of the underside and or lowering the asking price as no doubt the underside will cost money/ take time

It looks a good car
Good advice.

I would get the car well cleaned and take detailed pictures of everything as the pictures you have posted are not enough really. Yes I know people can go see the car etc but a good add with detailed pictures encourage buyers to take the next step. Also ( and I don't know if you have) advertise it in other places like eBay ph even auto trader.
Gg3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 01:40   #28
Mad Monk
Senior User

Well everything is stripped off now, bit of a deja vu of 8 years ago and although i'm hating it at the moment being a perfectionist i'm sure I will get into it and be happy once it's done. I am going to part shotblast, scrape and wire brush it then give it a dose of the much favoured on here Rust Bullet followed by some stone chip in odd places then a couple of coats of original Scotia White. I will blast and spray the rear drive shafts and prop black along with the fuel tank and filler along with a good steam clean of all the other parts before putting it back together which will look good but I won't be replacing any of the bolts I replaced 8 years ago, let's face it I've got to leave something for her new owner to do!!
M3 ROB (25-02-2017)
Old 28-02-2017, 00:27   #29
Mad Monk
Senior User

Well as i said "i'm sure i will get into it", i'm finding it hard but getting there. Ive almost finished cleaning and scraping as far as i'm going to go and shouls be ready for "Rust Bullet" in a couple of days. Rust Bullet !! what a saga that has been, the guy that imports it has run his stocks out due to moving house but after contacting him he had 1 quart and 1 pint of automotive left until he gets his next delivery which left me with no option but to take a 160 mile trip to get it as i didnt want to take any chances and end up losing it to someone else secretly i think i'm looking foward to seeing the end result
Old 02-03-2017, 01:34   #30
Mad Monk
Senior User

Rust Bullet

well what a product this is, i can see why so many people like it. I gave Edna a good seeing to with it Tuesday and yesterday and cant believe how it turned out. Stone chip tomorrow then two or three coats of Scotia white, i'm looking foward to seeing the end result. Its just a shame ive had to do this to sell and i'm not doing it to keep therefore not painting everything else and replacing all the bolts for new ones as i think its going to look great, at least there will be something for her new owner to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: