Lancer Register Forum banner

What ecu for my evo 8 stroker

5K views 33 replies 6 participants last post by  scoop23 
#1 ·
Needing a standalone ecu for my evo 8 2.3 stroker . The standard ecu is picking up knocking ( would have been nice to know this when my car was built )

Anyone help a brother out with a bargain ecu ?

#6 ·
So the piston to wall clearances are out of spec?! I wouldn't be expecting any piston slap on a new build its only going to go down hill, also your tuner should know you can adjust the knock sensors sensitivity down but I'd suppose telling you that would stop him from selling you a £1k plus ecu to you

#8 ·
They have no offered to sell me an ecu . They said they tried everything but no difference made . The build was only 3000 mile ago in that time two turbo failures oh and a spun she'll originally after a drop in job after 200!mile . They said the car was set up as safe as they could make it and to get the true potential of the build would need a standalone ecu . The power figures where way off what the original tuner had said it made .that was before they tried mapping .

#7 ·
Apparently this isn't uncommon for forged motors. The other thing is that if it's been bored out the centre knock frequency will have changed. If you fit an aftermarket ECU with knock control you could fit a doughnut style sensor and tune it to the new knock frequency. Alternatively you may be able to tune the knock settings in the stock ECU.

You need to know if there are 3 or 4 plugs to be able to get a compatible ECU. Have a look and you'll see.

#34 ·
I will never understand how so called 'Tuners' can get away with basically ripping people off, in my industry, if you were to rip off a customer id possibly put myself in a position to loose my accreditation, and its just so easy for customer to complain to trading standards.

Id air the cowboys, why all hush, hush when somebody has taken your hard earned?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.