Lancer Register Forum banner

Newbie from Lancashire...

620 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Dr B1G 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Just to introduce myself, I'm Andy from Heysham (NW England) and about to buy my first Evo.
I've just had a browse around the forum looking for common faults as i've got my heart set on an X FQ 300 SST (2011 plate).

So far I'm aware of the common AYC pump problem, and the car i'm looking at has just had a major service. Last service was a major one and included transfer box oil, differential oils, AYC fluid, spark plugs, and SST transmission fluid and filter at a cost of £1500.

The car has only done 33,000 miles and in as you would expect great condition.

Can anyone give me advice on other common issues to look out for?
Thanks in advance

Andy

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcome lads, can anyone tell me how exactly the AYC pump fails and is there a prevention, or is it a case of they all fail regardless?
As for the timing chain, is that an issue if you're booting it too much, or excessive track day use?
Thanks lads

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#7 ·
they all fail regardless?
This...
Location exposed to the elements and general wear. In 2015 Japan :mitsi: replaced the pump with a stainless steel new units, which lasts longer.

As for the timing chain, is that an issue if you're booting it too much, or excessive track day use?
Random, (the inconsistency is part of the problem), some ppl have been tracking gen 1 chains and see no stretch, others see stretch from daily driving. As its buried behind covers, its not easy to check. General consensus is, a change to the new stronger chain is safer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.