Lancer Register Forum banner

Should my 7 be lower at the back????

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  benntrevv 
#1 ·
Basically ever since I've had my 7 (3 months), Ive always noticed that it's lower at the back by about 30mm than the front, but it didn't really bother me at first.

Just fitted my 8.5x18 Rays wheels with 245/40/18 tyres on and they didn't fill the arches properly so I bit the bullet and ordered 4 20mm spacers.

I fitted them last night, now the fronts are fine, there's still about a 30mm gap between the whee at the wing, then I fitted the rears. The tyre is literally touching the arch, I mean I couldn't even get my little finger in there at all?

Is this normal or am I right in thinking the car should be a little lower at the front than the back standard wise? But also I'm not too sure if it's on lowering springs.

Here's a few pictures, sorry for the ones in the dark but you can just about make out the arch gap:

Front spacers fitted, bout a 30mm arch gap

Rear spacers fitted, literally not even a 2mm gap

It's even lower that the pic as when I took the handbrake off and moved it forwards and backwards the arch is constantly touching the tyre.

I was thinking to first start off with some new springs to sort the height out so it will be even front and back or if not at least a little bit lower on the front?

Advice appreciated.

Cheers
Ben

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.