Lancer Register Forum banner

* * * Last chance for Oulton Park Sprint * * *

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  stevebt 
#1 ·
With the first round at Castle Combe being a great series opener with a host of new cars and drivers - as well as a lot of usual faces :) we were looking forward to returning to Oulton Park after a couple of years away - as well as being one of the most entertaining circuits in the series.

So although we hear nothing but great feedback with everyone loving the sprints, the friendly competition, value for money and even our organisation, for some reason bookings have been very slow.

As I said before Castle Combe - we organise these events for you guys but it's pointless putting in all the time, money and effort without enough drivers because;

a) the event simply won't run properly with a small number of cars
b) it will lose money (which the club can't afford)
c) it wastes your time as well as ours and none of us will enjoy what is always a great event

…so unless we have 40 people booked by this Sunday (9th July) I will have no option but to cancel it.

Hopefully this little nudge is all that's needed for Oulton to be the same success as Castle Combe, but it's up to you guys. If you want it to happen you simply need to book online via the MLR Shop or call 08451 25 26 23 asap.

If you've got friends who you know would love it - get them to book in too! There are 2 Guest Classes now; 2WD and 4WD so everyone can take part . . . as you all know, it couldn't be easier; fire extinguisher, MOT (if needed) and pass 105dBA noise test . . . . arguably the most fun you can have behind the wheel - and real motorsport too!

Thanks - over to you :coolsm:

See less See more
#7 ·
I remember 4 years ago I was in America and the dates went live. I glanced the board when I was in the airport awaiting a connection so I emailed to get three events. Two and a half hours later I touched down and checked the board and every event was sold out.

I do think people got far too competitive which may of put others off but it's always a great day out. I have to admit I hated Oulton as it's far far too slippy, at most there is 15m where one wheel can get grip :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.