Lancer Register Forum banner

Modified Rear bumper and Diffuser

12K views 72 replies 19 participants last post by  Mach 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Guys this is a full bumper, we took the 9 bumper, cut the diffuser out, added alip on the bumper where it meets the diffuser, and basically emphasized everything about the diffuser, sticks out further, bigger fins. Carbon version coming soon! Also we have something a little bit special coming soon so keep checking back with rick. Glad you guys like it.

#13 ·
still a bit of fine tuning to do with these, but the bumper will fit evo 7,8 and 9. Will be making a carbon diffuser this coming week, we've just got to work out the lay up technique yet and part thickness, no bodys wants a thin waffy piece of poor carbon. bare with me guys! and Rick ill get prices for the bumper and diffuser in GRP to you monday.

#24 · (Edited)
pleased you guys like it, started making it back in november. was difficult getting the lines right. Its a two piece thing, and takes some fitting together, im unsure whether to either send them out attached or seperate, seperate would be easier to paint, but they need a few rivets and some tiger seal to fasten them together. ideas Rick?

#29 ·
purely cosmetic, however we are considering developing a full under floor tray finishing into a fully functional diffuser, but its very dependant on the time attack guys and whether its a development route we should go down as it would be costly and take alot of time to get some meaningful CFD data for different designs.

#38 ·
Waiting on some card to turn up to make a template for the carbon cloth. we made a prototype in carbon. it was a little too thin, need to add some thickness to it. bare with me guys. we want to get this spot on before letting rick get this hands on them for sale.

#40 ·
I would also be interested in one of the diffusers. I have an e9 bumper on mine, would this be sold as a bit to replace the standard grey bit, or as a complete bumper??

#41 ·
We've designed the diffuser so that you can literally cut the old diffuser section out and the new one fits in place with a bonding flange that sits up snug to the inside of the rear bumper.
however the rear bumper we have made has an extra lip around the diffuser section which isnt on the origional.

Im currently still working on the carbon version, i have a few seconds produced already but the template for the cloth isnt quite right yet so its resulting in some weave distortion which needs to be addressed. However the GRP versions are ready to go. contact rick.

#42 ·
Cheers for the reply mate.

I'd be after the carbon one anyway, as i have a bit of a carbon fetish....... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.