Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2006, 17:14   #1
Darin
Administrator

Car: Ex-works Lancer Turbo WRC, 'Long Way Round' Shogun and a few bikes
My Car
Evo X - UK Arrival

During a recent meeting with Paul Brigden, Ralliart General Manager for Mitsubishi Motors UK, we naturally got onto the subject of the EvoX and its arrival in the UK.

Ultimately hes concerned about the general expectation here on the Forum that the EvoX will be available in the UK during Autumn 2007, and has asked me to post a thread simply to advise everyone of the real timescales, so our expectations are accurate.

EvoX will not start production until August 2007 and as the initial cars will all be destined for the Japanese home market, the UK do not anticipate receiving any allocation until September 2007 at the earliest (if demand is high in Japan, this may be put back to late 2007).

Once in the country the car(s) will require ESVA, Product Liability testing and also undergo testing for FQ upgrades, all of which means that the first cars will probably be available in first Quarter of 2008. Mitsubishi Motors UK hope January but cannot guarantee anything until production schedules have been confirmed.
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 17:36   #2
jason4656
Senior User

Car: VI RS2 - So clean you can eat your dinner off it
thank **** for that, thought we were turning into subaru then, a model a minute, give time for the 9 to be appreciated
jason4656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 18:36   #3
Marvin

Car: The Martian Maggot
My Car
Give time to save more like - if it comes out like the pics we have all seen
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 18:45   #4
Northy 8

Car: i'm back with a proper evo now//Rd and sprint car only//evo 6rs
auto express

The mag auto express have been in a mule evo x, this week, they rate it highly, but indicate a price tag of 35,000, hope it's not that steep,
Old 09-03-2006, 00:59   #5
Scrappy
Senior User

Car: Evo IX FQ320
Niceone Darin,

[email protected]. so true mate

Im glad i bought the 9 now..i think prices maywell hold better this time round..
Old 09-03-2006, 08:59   #6
BHP

Car: Evo 8 FQ300 > nigelS Evo 9 MR RS > ND Evo 8 MR RS > NR Evo 5 RS > Nissan R35 > Floating Man-Pad :-)
My Car
Quote:
Originally posted by jason4656
thank **** for that, thought we were turning into subaru then, a model a minute, give time for the 9 to be appreciated
I hope your right Jason, unfortunately if history repeats itself, no doubt there will be an Evo 9.5 to bridge the gap

Just hope Mitsi leave the IX depreciate gracefully, and not have the rug pulled from underneath it's feet, like the VII and VIII's did.
BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:15   #7
Proco
Senior User

Car: FQ300 Black FQ 330conversion
My Car
Talking

gives me enough time to save up now
Proco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:26   #8
Ridgback

Car: Black Evolution IX - Now gone, I'm Evo-less!!!!!
Going to get slagged for this but I think the X looks like a Renault Laguna from the back!

I never realised until the wife was looking at pics of the X with me and she spotted the similarity. My previous car was a Laguna Dynamique and the colour was very similar to the shots of the X and from the rear they look very very similar.

Awaiting a slagging!
Ridgback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:29   #9
junglismassive

Car: R8, 997 Turbo cab gone back in jap rocket S204 and R205
Re: Evo X - UK Arrival

Quote:
Originally posted by Darin
During a recent meeting with Paul Brigden, Ralliart General Manager for Mitsubishi Motors UK, we naturally got onto the subject of the EvoX and its arrival in the UK.

Ultimately hes concerned about the general expectation here on the Forum that the EvoX will be available in the UK during Autumn 2007, and has asked me to post a thread simply to advise everyone of the real timescales, so our expectations are accurate.

EvoX will not start production until August 2007 and as the initial cars will all be destined for the Japanese home market, the UK do not anticipate receiving any allocation until September 2007 at the earliest (if demand is high in Japan, this may be put back to late 2007).

Once in the country the car(s) will require ESVA, Product Liability testing and also undergo testing for FQEupgrades, all of which means that the first cars will probably be available in first Quarter of 2008. Mitsubishi Motors UK hope January but cannot guarantee anything until production schedules have been confirmed.
I dont belive a word he's saying. Heck i dont belive a word anyone has to say from mitsubishi when it comes to new models,especially evo's.

They've had the prototype since last year.so why will it take them two years to get it on the production line?

If he is telling the truth then i guess we will see a 9.5 to bridge the gap as said above.(seen at the nurburgring).
junglismassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2006, 11:48   #10
Steve Hawk

Car: Evo8 260, Aps Hard Pipe Magnex De-Cat, HKS S Drager,Re-Map,APS Duel Dump,Aps cold air induction,
My Car
Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hawk
Quote:
Originally posted by jason4656
car look awsome m8, really like the all black.
Steve
Steve Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2006, 12:07   #11
evo_dorset

Car: Evo viii
My Car

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridgback
Going to get slagged for this but I think the X looks like a Renault Laguna from the back!

I never realised until the wife was looking at pics of the X with me and she spotted the similarity. My previous car was a Laguna Dynamique and the colour was very similar to the shots of the X and from the rear they look very very similar.

Awaiting a slagging!

evo_dorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 22:40   #12
jap 6

Car: Evo 7 gsr, Ralliart Exhaust,D/pipe, RC De-Cat hard pipe, hks suction kit.
evo x

Hey guys I was just curious there was a home show prog on the other week which featured jakki chan... so on so on anyway he had a ltd evoX which he keeps in his living room. just thought I would let you know.

Cheers stevie
jap 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2006, 14:43   #13
POE8Y

Car: RR + R300
Yeah, saw that programme - Superhomes on Discovery - cool how he just drove his car though a roller shutter door straight into his kitchen. Massive house he has, very nice indeed, lots of secret rooms

Looked like a jazzed up VIII to me, although someone I know reconed it might be a zero fighter edition (whatever that is) available only in the JDM - looked good whatever it was and nice to see a celeb driving an evo
POE8Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 12:39   #14
Josh Grind

Jackie Chan

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/09/01/j...-mitsu-evo-ix/
Josh Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 12:46   #15
Josh Grind

Jackie Chan

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachm...chmentid=65774
Josh Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register