Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 00:21   #1
Darin
Administrator

Car: Ex-works Lancer Turbo WRC, 'Long Way Round' Shogun and a few bikes
My Car
New Rates for MLR Pace Ward Insurance Policies

MLR Pace Ward Insurance Policy Update
Following a recent review of the MLR insurance policy, the MLR is very pleased to report that Pace Ward are now able to offer the following reductions against Road and Trackday policies for MLR members.

Road Cover:
Although the quality of the MLR policy remains one of the best (if not the best) available, Pace Ward have sometimes been uncompetitive in the past. A lot of work has now been completed in conjunction with the insurer to compare Evo specific data such as Area, Age, Convictions etc against claims information to see if the MLR policy rates can be reduced.
The end result is that the MLR scheme will become more competitive, thereby offering more members the opportunity to benefit from the best level of cover that the MLR insurance policy offers.

To prove this, Pace Ward took some of the uncompetitive quotes from the past 3 months and tried them against the new rates, and we’re pleased to report that these quotes improved across the majority of cases with some quotes being reduced by over 20%! The Evo data reviews will continue to be an ongoing process and we hope as more data is gathered the MLR scheme rates will be able to reduced accordingly.

Trackday Cover:
The standalone trackday cover offered by Pace Ward continues to offer the best level of trackday cover currently available, and at a flat rate for all members who are currently insured with an MLR road policy through Pace Ward.
  • Your vehicle is totally covered. Although the majority of policies only cover bodywork, the Pace Ward policy also includes mechanical cover for your engine & ancillaries; oil cooler, intercooler, radiator, and has even covered hot turbo shutdown
  • Your No Claims Bonus is unaffected following a claim
  • Policies have now been reduced by a further £7 per event, eg: £60.50 – a flat rate premium for MLR members who have an existing MLR road policy with Pace Ward
  • Non member trackday policies with the same level of cover are available on a sliding scale

MLR Sprint Cover:
Pace Ward also offer standalone Sprint cover which mirrors their Trackday cover and for the same premium as the trackday cover. Benefits include;
  • Your vehicle is totally covered. The majority of policies only cover bodywork, but the Pace Ward policy also includes mechanical cover for your engine & ancillaries; oil cooler, intercooler, radiator etc.
  • Your No Claims Bonus is unaffected following a claim
  • Policies start £60.50 – the flat rate for MLR members who have an existing MLR road policy with Pace Ward

Pace Ward: 01782 286311

Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:29   #2
rschris
MLR's #001 Ghosthunter

Car: Ex Evo 8 MR340, Ex Evo 8 FQ-300, Ex Aprilia RSV Mille, Ex BMW 330D, Now Passatt :(
My Car
mmmm interesting...wonder if they will be competative even though im 23 worth a go i guess
rschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:29   #3
rschris
MLR's #001 Ghosthunter

Car: Ex Evo 8 MR340, Ex Evo 8 FQ-300, Ex Aprilia RSV Mille, Ex BMW 330D, Now Passatt :(
My Car
OOOpppsss double post.!!
rschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:31   #4
Sider
Senior User

I had to leave them a couple of monts ago as they were uncompetative this time (although the service has been good) Wonder if my quote was one that was tested and reduced. Oh well will have to try again next year
Sider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:33   #5
Youngtot
MLRs constant drinker

Car: Evo 8 mr WRC tuned
My Car
looks like it will be trackdays next year
Old 03-08-2009, 06:19   #6
woodywoodpecker
Senior User

My Car
pw

quoted me happy,
Thanks PW
woodywoodpecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:57   #7
deenohunt
-BUILT BY RG MOTORSPORT-

My Car
Hopefully will definately be going with these next time around! The trackday cover seems to good not to have it!

Whenever I've phoned up they have been by far the most helpful compared to others.

Good to see they will be more competative now
deenohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:12   #8
Addo
Senior User

Car: Evo 9 FQ320 BBK FULL 471bhp 450lbs :)
My Car
Its my third year with Pace ward and i can confirm good personnel service and the best insurance company I've come across for modifying.
Addo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:31   #9
michty_me
Senior User

Car: Forged Evo X CT-500
My Car
I will try get a quote next year too. PW wouldnt insure me this year as I had never had an Evo before.
michty_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:37   #10
Capt.Mike

Car: BMW M4
My Car
I agree that they give good service when getting quotes etc. Friendly people on the other end of the phone, but unfortunately, the best price they could do for me was £750+ whereas I ended up paying £485 with Admiral. I never read the small print for each policy, might bite me in the ass one day, but I went with overall cost in the end.
Maybe after a year of evo ownership again, they'll drop their price next year. Not as if i've never owned a high performance car previously but they can only quote what they can.
Capt.Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:31   #11
Zona

Car: VIII MR FQ
They wouldnt quote me. Wasn't worth a go for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschris View Post
mmmm interesting...wonder if they will be competative even though im 23 worth a go i guess

Last edited by Zona; 03-08-2009 at 20:56..
Zona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:37   #12
Meakin
www.meak.in

Car: Evo VIII FQ-300
My Car
Send a message via MSN to Meakin
Will Pace ward cover cars in the channel islands yet?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:49   #13
gl1

Car: Evo VIII MR FQ-340
My Car
I am able to stay with Pace ward for my 2nd years evo insurance, it has really come down . Also they are really good on the phone to speak to & deal with & i feel confident all mods are covered.

I wouldnt be insured by the admirals & elephants of this world ever ever again they are just useless from past experience unless you have a standard small car.
gl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:50   #14
SupraGaz

Car: White 9GT & White MY15 GT-R
My Car
When is the policy updates take event from?
I had a quote from them acouple of weeks ago but found cheaper elsewhere. My renewal is not due till 22nd of this month and havent renewed anywhere yet so wondered if I would of been quoted on the old system or new system?

Cheers
SupraGaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:54   #15
gl1

Car: Evo VIII MR FQ-340
My Car
Supragaz, imo its worth giving them a call back if you found a cheaper quote, let them know.
gl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: