Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Sprinting / Racing / Rallying / Drag Racing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 23-06-2009, 00:09   #1
Darin
Administrator

Car: Ex-works Lancer Turbo WRC, 'Long Way Round' Shogun and a few bikes
My Car
JR Motorsports' Evo X Hits The Tracks

Press Release - 22nd June 2009

The JR Motorsports prepared Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X carried out its first ever track test on Friday (19th June) at Oulton Park. Driven by Julian Westwood, the team were delighted to report that the car ran faultlessly throughout the day.

Unveiled at Autosport International in January as a prototype of the car that will feature in its Evo X single-make racing series in 2010, JRMís Evo X has undergone a programme of development during the past few months. Now, with a reliable 400 bhp from its two-litre turbocharged engine, new Exe-tc suspension and re-mapped Motec engine ECU and diff controller, the car is set to embark on a series of tests and races to establish the specification with which it will go on sales later this year.

The car completed over 50 laps during its recent test, with changes made to its suspension geometry and ECU programmes in order to establish the best set-ups. With no problems whatsoever encountered during the day, the team came away delighted with the outcome, as JRMís Motorsport Director Chris Hodgson reports:

ďBasically, this is a brand new car, so we are extremely pleased it ran so well throughout the test. We went to the circuit with what we thought was a good base set-up and found that it didnít take much to get it to 100%. Itís a great start to the development of our to car in readiness for Evo X Series.Ē

Westwood was also impressed with the performance of the car and said: ďI wasnít sure what to expect when I first left the pit lane, but the car was good straight out of the box and it didnít take long before I felt I could lap at a competitive speed. With the way the engine delivers its power, plus the grip the four-wheel-drive gives you, the car is not only quick, itís also very drivable.Ē

The first competitive outing for the JRM Evo X will be at next weekendís Time Attack event at Brands Hatch. Although not a race in the true sense of the word, Time Attack replicates the form of a qualifying session, with the results calculated from the fastest lap times.

JRM see this format as an excellent opportunity for more testing and development, as the Evo will compete against a range of other four-wheel-drive turbo-charged machinery. Added to this, there is less likelihood to be the distraction of racing and the chance of any body contact, which means lap times will be more representative of what the car is capable of.

It has been confirmed that Westwood will drive the JRM Evo X next weekend, it being the experienced racerís first time of competing in a Time Attack event.

JR Motorsportsí Evo X race programme is supported by: Pirelli tyres, VP fuels, Motec, Exe-tc suspension, Carbonetics clutches and Performance Friction Brakes.

ENDS

www.evoXseries.com

Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 05:15   #2
Sider
Senior User

Well done and best of luck with the rest of the testing
Sider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 07:18   #3
james n
bum troubler

Car: cpr evo6 time attack clubpro champion, TOTB 8 drag shootout winner,ultimate street car champion 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post

The JR Motorsports prepared Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X carried out its first ever track test on Friday (19th June) at Oulton Park. Driven by Julian Westwood, the team were delighted to report that the car ran faultlessly throughout the day.

Unveiled at Autosport International in January as a prototype of the car that will feature in its Evo X single-make racing series in 2010, JRMís Evo X has undergone a programme of development during the past few months. Now, with a reliable 400 bhp from its two-litre turbocharged engine, new Exe-tc suspension and re-mapped Motec engine ECU and diff controller, the car is set to embark on a series of tests and races to establish the specification with which it will go on sales later this year.

The car completed over 50 laps during its recent test, with changes made to its suspension geometry and ECU programmes in order to establish the best set-ups. With no problems whatsoever encountered during the day, the team came away delighted with the outcome, as JRMís Motorsport Director Chris Hodgson reports:

ďBasically, this is a brand new car, so we are extremely pleased it ran so well throughout the test. We went to the circuit with what we thought was a good base set-up and found that it didnít take much to get it to 100%. Itís a great start to the development of our to car in readiness for Evo X Series.Ē

Westwood was also impressed with the performance of the car and said: ďI wasnít sure what to expect when I first left the pit lane, but the car was good straight out of the box and it didnít take long before I felt I could lap at a competitive speed. With the way the engine delivers its power, plus the grip the four-wheel-drive gives you, the car is not only quick, itís also very drivable.Ē

The first competitive outing for the JRM Evo X will be at next weekendís Time Attack event at Brands Hatch. Although not a race in the true sense of the word, Time Attack replicates the form of a qualifying session, with the results calculated from the fastest lap times.

JRM see this format as an excellent opportunity for more testing and development, as the Evo will compete against a range of other four-wheel-drive turbo-charged machinery. Added to this, there is less likelihood to be the distraction of racing and the chance of any body contact, which means lap times will be more representative of what the car is capable of.

It has been confirmed that Westwood will drive the JRM Evo X next weekend, it being the experienced racerís first time of competing in a Time Attack event.

JR Motorsportsí Evo X race programme is supported by: Pirelli tyres, VP fuels, Motec, Exe-tc suspension, Carbonetics clutches and Performance Friction Brakes.

ENDS

www.evoXseries.com

witch class are they running in cant wait to see it go
james n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 08:37   #4
D2
North Scotland R.O

Car: 2001 Evo VII GSR, 2013 Overfinch GTS , Mk7 Golf R Dsg & Caddy van.
My Car
Tool
D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 10:22   #5
Carina
Immortal ... well, so far

Car: ex-400bhp VIII MR FQ-320, now gone Deutsch
My Car
Send a message via MSN to Carina
Quote:
Strange choice of driver, who knew he was as good at spinning wheels as he is at spinning discs

Name:  aaawestwood.jpg
Views: 4100
Size:  28.8 KB

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It'll be really interesting to see how the car performs at Time Attack. Wonder how many people they'll get to enter the one-make series next year? Any news on that yet?
Old 23-06-2009, 10:25   #6
Sider
Senior User

Ha ha, nice one Carina
Sider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 11:51   #8
Christopher

Car: Evo 5 468ATW(meths map)408ATW(optimax)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina View Post
Strange choice of driver, who knew he was as good at spinning wheels as he is at spinning discs

Attachment 137957

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It'll be really interesting to see how the car performs at Time Attack. Wonder how many people they'll get to enter the one-make series next year? Any news on that yet?
Holla!!!!

Are there any more pictures?
Chris
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 20:22   #9
Callum
Ralliart Attack

Car: IX MR RS
My Car
Looking good.
It would be excellent if the series really takes off next year!
Just hope they can keep the costs as sensible as possible, as I am sure that it will inherently dictate how successful the series is.
Old 23-06-2009, 20:34   #10
Bazzer

Car: Watch this space
I'm really looking forward to seeing the series kick off next year. I feel a few good MLR meets on the cards.

Can't wait to see it in action next weekend.

VIII FQ300 No. 420. RIP
Gone but never forgotten.
Bazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 20:43   #11
gl1

Car: Evo VIII MR FQ-340
My Car
Quote:

Attachment 137957

Sorry, couldn't resist.

gl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 21:04   #12
SCRAPMAN 1
EVO 4-9 BREAKER

Car: /EX Britcar FQ 400 N.R Autosport Race Car/Seat Leon supra cup car/08 Cadillac Escalade Ext Truck
My Car
Quote:

Unveiled at Autosport International in January as a prototype of the car that will feature in its Evo X single-make racing series in 2010, JRM’s Evo X has undergone a programme of development during the past few months. Now, with a reliable 400 bhp from its two-litre turbocharged engine, new Exe-tc suspension and re-mapped Motec engine ECU and diff controller, the car is set to embark on a series of tests and races to establish the specification with which it will go on sales later this year.

The car completed over 50 laps during its recent test, with changes made to its suspension geometry and ECU programmes in order to establish the best set-ups. With no problems whatsoever encountered during the day, the team came away delighted with the outcome, as JRM’s Motorsport Director Chris Hodgson reports:

“Basically, this is a brand new car, so we are extremely pleased it ran so well throughout the test. We went to the circuit with what we thought was a good base set-up and found that it didn’t take much to get it to 100%. It’s a great start to the development of our to car in readiness for Evo X Series.”

Westwood was also impressed with the performance of the car and said: “I wasn’t sure what to expect when I first left the pit lane, but the car was good straight out of the box and it didn’t take long before I felt I could lap at a competitive speed. With the way the engine delivers its power, plus the grip the four-wheel-drive gives you, the car is not only quick, it’s also very drivable.”

The first competitive outing for the JRM Evo X will be at next weekend’s Time Attack event at Brands Hatch. Although not a race in the true sense of the word, Time Attack replicates the form of a qualifying session, with the results calculated from the fastest lap times.

It has been confirmed that Westwood will drive the JRM Evo X next weekend, it being the experienced racer’s first time of competing in a Time Attack event.

JR Motorsports’ Evo X race programme is supported by: Pirelli tyres, VP fuels, Motec, Exe-tc suspension, Carbonetics clutches and Performance Friction Brakes.

ENDS

www.evoXseries.com

ill be driving this Evo x @ Oulton tomorrow , went for a seat fit this afternoon the x looks the dogs nuts.......cant wait to get behind the wheel

Simon D

Last edited by SCRAPMAN 1; 23-06-2009 at 21:05..
SCRAPMAN 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 23:51   #13
Scaffolder
Senior User

Car: Evo X RS road / track car
My Car
Send a message via MSN to Scaffolder
Looks the dogs dangly bits The missus saw a picture earlier, and said 'that's what you'll be getting to replace Bumble when she dies' I'm not quite sure what she means - dies of old age, or dies in a tyre wall

Must admit I keep on seeing all these X track cars lately, and it makes me want one
Scaffolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 06:34   #14
james n
bum troubler

Car: cpr evo6 time attack clubpro champion, TOTB 8 drag shootout winner,ultimate street car champion 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPMAN 1 View Post
ill be driving this Evo x @ Oulton tomorrow , went for a seat fit this afternoon the x looks the dogs nuts.......cant wait to get behind the wheel

Simon D

have aq good day pal if u bend it it will take some mending
james n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 00:08   #15
gooner 1

My Car
Quote:

Attachment 137957

Sorry, couldn't resist.

gooner 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: