Lancer Register Forum banner

* * * Pace Ward MLRSS - Round 5: BLYTON PARK - EVO v IMPREZA v GTR * * *

29K views 111 replies 32 participants last post by  KNOXVILLE 
#1 ·
ROUND 5: BLYTON PARK

The fifth round of the 2015 MLR Sprint Series calendar takes place on Saturday 15th August at Blyton Park race circuit, and will be the 3rd competitive event between EVOs, Imprezas and GTRs.

Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series

Whiteline 22B Sprint Series

Litchfield GTROC Sprint Series

The Course:
We'll be using the Eastern Circuit which features the fast straight off the startline into the new twistier layout through the infield, before rejoining the original outer circuit for the fast and flying finish!

The Cars:
  • Upto 30 Evos across four MLR classes
  • Upto 30 Imprezas across three 22B classes
  • Upto 15 GTRs across two GTROC classes
  • Upto 5 Guest class cars

Regs:
  • To remind yourselves of the Rules, Regs and Classes, click here
  • Noise limit is 105 dBA static / 95dBA @ 20 metres. Noise will be monitored throughout the day and cars tested if necessary. Any cars that fail will be able to make changes and rerun
  • All bookings will receive a PDF info pack via email the week before the event
  • Call Pace Ward for any insurance queries on 01782 286311

Blyton Park Sprint Timetable:
  • 08:00 - Registration
  • 08:00 to 11:00 - Class Check
  • 08:45 - Driver Briefing
  • 09:15 - Sighting lap
  • 09:30 - Practice runs (3) followed immediately by the first of the Competitive runs
  • 12:00 - Lunch
  • 13:00 - Competitive runs continue
  • 16:30 - Event closes and trophies awarded on the Podium

Trophies and Points Table:
  • Trophies for the top 3 drivers from each MLR class on the day will be presented after the final run

SuperPro - Class A

AP Tuning - Class B

Ross Sport - Class C

HKS Europe - Class D
  • Each of the Class Leaderboards will be updated asap after the event

Bookings:
  • On a first come first served basis
  • If this is your first Sprint in 2015 there's a Registration Fee of ÂŁ10 which goes into the Drivers Fund
  • Please visit the MLR Shop or call us on 08451 25 26 23.
  • Places cost ÂŁ139 for the day. Balance payments are now due so please contact Chell asap
  • Please see MLR's Cancellation Policy here

Camping:
  • Camping is allowed on Friday and Saturday night
  • Arrival after 5pm Friday
  • Price ÂŁ10 per night per tent / caravan / Winnebago payable on arrival in the Circuit Office
  • Hot meals will be available in the restaurant on Saturday night if there are sufficient orders - please contact the circuit to book: 01427 628922
  • BBQs are allowed, but no open fires
  • ALL noise must stop at midnight at the latest
  • All rubbish must be tidied up before leaving the circuit

Additional Info:
  • Passengers can register on the day (front seat only) for a nominal charge of ÂŁ10
  • Spectators are welcome
  • The Restaurant will be open throughout the day for breakfast and dinner and snacks
  • No dogs or animals are allowed in the venue at anytime

See less See more
#27 ·
You'll be able to jump in almost anybody's car in the morning- then once the timed runs start, You might find people trying to get every last bit of weight out the car to help their times.
Earlier the better, but you should be able to find a spare seat going throughput the day- i did at teeside.

#32 ·
Really looking forward to this, my last 2 sprints here have probably been my best 2 sprints I've done, had some great battles.

Weather looking a bit dodgy atm

#44 ·

Well ive made it to the holiday cottage in Lincolnshire without too much hassle.
Fingers crossed tomorrow is trouble free-
Ill be trying my hardest to be gentle on the car -
Looking forward to catching up with everyone. ..
See you all in the morning!

Cheers jamie

#49 ·
Everyone is fine, gutted for both owners today, there's a fine line when people are pushing the limits in Motorsport.

I was top of 4th after the left hander down the finish, got to be 100+ and the little right and left at those speeds unsettle the cars.. If it goes wrong you've got run off into a ploughed and still damp field. :(

Id say the finish line will be moved in future.

Good day though and nice to catch up with faces new and old. Thanks to the team for a great well run event as usual. :cool:

#52 ·
I was top of 4th after the left hander down the finish, got to be 100+ and the little right and left at those speeds unsettle the cars.. If it goes wrong you've got run off into a ploughed and still damp field. :(

Id say the finish line will be moved in future.
120MPH in mine, flat in 5th through the line. It's one of the best parts of the track IMHO.

Unfortunately running at any circuit has its risks if you go off, you can dig in and roll even on a slow corner, as happened in the past at Kames for example. Most of the corners at Combe have the possibility of rolling if you go off into the infield. Get it wrong at Hethel, where you are going another 10MPH faster in mine and it wont be a pleasant outcome.

That's the nature of the venues we choose to compete at, they all have a certain level of risk and as a driver you make the choice with regards to how hard you should push. It would be nicer if we ran at venues with better runoff areas, but that's not going to happen with the funds available. At least we don't have trees to hit like the rally boys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.