Lancer Register Forum banner

A bit of snow they say.

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  UTH 
#1 ·
Start clearing the shelves in the supermarkets and stockpiling the food. The old meteorologist folks are saying we are going to be getting some snow.

Pfft says me, much rain in the offing and little snow. Bigwigs in big house are saying otherwise. So for Hants, Berks, Wilts, Ox'shire and Surrey we're going full bore with gritters loaded to the top and ploughs on.

Let's see what happens. I'm off to shops to get cuppa soups and Mars bars.:handsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Well the Evo is probably one of the better cars to drive in the snow. Not that mine will ever see it.

#5 ·
the only problem is that most of you UK based guys dont have (and really dont need) winter tires, as snow is rare...

truth be told, for the last few years I did not do much driving in the summer and spring, but when we had snow the evo was being beaten on all the time... it is just fascinating car in the snow..

#6 ·
Indeed, on the whole the UK doesn't have much snow, so as a country we don't invest in the equipment etc

Which is why I get frustrated when people take to social media to bitch and moan about how useless this country is when things do come to a standstill if we do get a spell of very wintry weather......what do they expect? Councils aren't going to invest countless millions on equipment to rival somewhere like alaska because 99% of the time it's not needed.

#10 ·
Dan you know your job is kind of an Ironic Oxymoron for Evo ownership having been doing the resto on the TME due to the Fe2O3 :eek:

As you say I think along with the stockpiling of food I am waiting for the "grab your torch and pitchfork" on social media backlash to the met office once it comes to nought! :crackup:

Reactions: DanHawkes
#11 ·
Had to cancel work today it's very hilly where I stay and we get snow really bad, left the house at 7:30am this morning in my FWD transit and nearly crashed into a wall round the corner from my house, I reversed back and my tyre tracks where no more than 3" from the wall so very close lol. Then I couldn't get up a slight hill I decided it wasn't worth the hassle as most of our work would be cancelled anyway, good call I made as the 3 major roads out of my village had crashes on them and road block so I avoided all that hassle.

#12 ·
Don't blame you. Will be bad in other parts of Britain (as we say in pompey, "north of the hill" and it's '(s)now joke'. BUT the south coast where Dan (the OP) is based, just "north of the hill" he is just saying that they have gone full-on thunderbirds FAB when they don't need to. :handsup:

#16 ·
#17 ·
I think in reality you need to make decisions for yourself, I don't get how people read the media and then take it as the truth. Surely people are clever enough to make their own decisions and own them.

I don't really feel sorry for people as you make the choice yourself!! If you choose to take advice from someone else it isn't their fault if it is wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.