Lancer Register Forum banner

reims blue evo 6

959 views 48 replies 0 participants last post by  Claudius K 
G
#1 ·
can anyone send me a picture of a reims blue 6 gsr, I can't seem to find pictures anywhere! got one being delivered on Monday. It was the only colour I could get through my source at short notice..Hope I haven't made a mistake and picked a wrongun? or maybe just give me some reassurance that it will look damn fine, I believe it will have tommi wheels

G
#2 ·
Personally I don't like the Reims blue, but its each to his own at the end of the day. Can't find a pic, sorry. However, don't worry about the colour, you can't see it when you're driving it like a screaming banshee on acid!! :)

G
#11 ·
Rock and A Hardplace

What the F##K are you doing as a moderator if you can be such an A##e hole. Your comment was probably the most genuinely nasty comment I have seen for a long time. If it was your opinion, you should of kept it to yourself and if it was a joke, it was very poor taste. Why did you feel it was necesary to rain on somebody elses parade.

Chinka, whilst colour is a personal taste, I am sure you will be happy with the car. Don't let this idiot ruin the nejoyment of your new toy!!

G
#12 ·
thanks simon,

I guess it wasn't my first choice of colour, But as acompany car allowance purchace it was the only colour that was available within 3 weeks of the 1st of sept. as an official uk car. the price was an offer that i couldn't refuse ( £100/month cheaper than a tt 225) so had to be done. have got the car completely on reputation alone, never driven one. Hope it won't be disapointing?

G
#14 ·
Rock and A Hard place - you're a firkin idiot m8. You trying to tell me your taste is better than mine? Where do you get your balls big enough to do that? It wouldn't even occur to me to say something like that to anyone else. Crash and burn moron.

G
#15 ·
To take this discussion back on topic somewhat, Rheims Blue looks a lot better in the flesh than in photographs. It's also the colour that Mits used to promote the VI when it was first launched, as seen in that promo brochure.

As someone else said, it really don't matter what colour Evo you drive anyway, the grin is the same!

p.s. - Rock and amp; A Hardplace was only trying to point out that putting a backslash () before a url will make the address clickable, saving you from having to cut and amp; paste. Sheesh, a guy tries to do you a favour... :D

G
#16 ·
Colours are a matter of taste and freedom of speech an absolute necessity, be it Rock's or Siko's or anybody else's.

Now the Reims blue reminds me somewhat of the estorilblau if you know what I mean (you like that droid?)...
Certainly not very discreet, but then again, there's a guy here with an orange Diablo.

G
#18 ·
Chinka

I agree with Chunky on this - Rheims blue looks a lot better in the flesh. The links on this thread don't really demonstrate the colour that well. While most people I've talked to don't seem that fussed by Rheims blue (perhaps because it is a solid colour) it is the most striking and individual colour for the VI and I think looks real good.

Dave

G
#19 ·
every single thread turns into a row these days.

mate you will pick the car up, cream yourself and be laughing at every other car on the road from that point on, wish i had mine as a company car (hope that means you dont pay for the petrol as well, as that is a right result).

i have a silver 6 tme and people of said it is boring silver, so you cant win whatever colour you have.

enjoy......

lee

G
#20 ·
I think quite a few people need to lighten up on this forum, saying a colour stinks is hardly what I would call nasty or a cause of an arguement. To reply with personal insults that contravene the Terms of Agreement just makes it even worse. Everyone has their own opinion and Jerry was just expressing his. I too think Rheims Blue is a bit naf, so what? Each to their own, if we all thought the same thing then we would all be driving about in the same colour cars and what a boring world it would be (actually as Chunky says Rheims Blue looks a lot better in the flesh, pictures don't do it justice).

People please use a bit of common sense when posting as there isn't much room to swing handbags on this forum (already broken the strap on mine on several occansions ;))

G
#21 ·
Firstly, the car looks completley different in the flesh than it does in photos or in artificial light. Let's be very honest, it's not the 1st choice colour but it does look very different. If when you see the car and you really don't think you could live with it could you not ask your Ralliart dealer if there isn't another dealer with a colour you prefer in stock that would do a swop? I remember before buying mine I went down to Ralliart to test drive one but also to look at the colours available. All the silver ones were sold, the demo was silver, so I had to GAMBLE on choosing which colour to go for. In the end after having a chat with the staff I chose Iscelle Blue which I'm more than happy with. But as has been said before, once you've driven one and if that is the only colour available, I'll bet you take it!!! Let us all know when you take delivery what you think. Cheers

G
#22 ·
HH6

I think you should re-read this thread. It started with Chinka seeking reassurance because he has ordered a car without having seen the colour. In fact, he has taken a great leap of faith in buying a car without ever having driven one. I believe that we should be encouraging people rather than being negative. If we want people to joint the register and participate in this forum, we need to stop stupidity like that shown by Rock and a Hardplace. Anybody who has read my other postings will know that I have never attacked any individual, until now. If moderators do this, then evrybody will.

G
#23 ·
got to agree with simon on this, when i first got my car, all i did was spend all my time on here and jerrys web site, asking daft questions and trying to get some knowledge (still trying)

if i had got slagged straight away, i would not of took it as a joke and probably thought ******** and not come back.

it takes a while to get with the vib.

chinka: your car will be the ********, give it large mate, and if you are ever in north london, give me a shout.

lee

G
#24 ·
Sorry but this is a Forum which according to my dictionary means a place for open discussion. If someone asks for a comment on something then they should expect open and honest answers. If they don't like the answers then they shouldn't post on here. As the saying goes 'I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it, as long is it is within the Terms of Agreement of this site' (OK I added the last bit ;))

I agree with LeeLegend that every thread seems to turn into an abusive row and it is that fact that is putting off people posting on here and not innocent postings like Jerry's.

By the way I don't like purple that much either ;)

G
#26 ·
Rock and amp; A Hardplace was way out of line saying what he did imho, or rather the way he said it was out of line. He could of been a bit more diplomatic.

Anyway colours are totally subjective. On Friday I ordered my first Evo - a 6 TME. Now for me there is only one colour for the Evo 6 - and thats white. I make no apoligies that while I love driving, I also love being seen. I want to be looked at constantly, I want to be pointed at, I want a big group of people to surround the car everytime I park up somewhere busy, I want people to love the car, I want people to hate the car, I want people to love me, I want people to hate me, I want to be Mr popular, I want to be Mr Hated, I want a reaction.

That's just me, other people might like to 'blend in' more. Each to their own. For me a white Makinen with the white wheels says it all. I will be the tart of the town and I'm gonna love every minute of it. (I'm a bloke by the way - straight too!)

I think the Reims blue rocks. I would be tempted by that if white wasn't available. What type of person are you chinka? If you like to get noticed and get respect at every turn I think the Reims will suit you well. If however you prefer the odd admiring glance as opposed to rock super-star status then you may be dissapointed. Either way do what I intend to do - ENJOY.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.