Lancer Register Forum banner

* * * 2012 Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series: Rd #4 - Kames * * *

28K views 174 replies 56 participants last post by  killin1 
#1 ·
Round 4: KAMES
The second of three new sprint circuits for the Pace Ward MLRSS 2012 is Kames just south of Glasgow at Muirkirk (KA18 3QQ) and takes place on Saturday 21st July.

The Course:
The Kames sprint track is relatively narrow and undulating, and will run clockwise for almost 2 full laps.

Key:
Red / Orange line: The course
Blue lines: Route to & from paddock

Date:
  • Saturday 21st July 2012

Capacity:

Regs and Additional Info:
  • To remind yourselves of the Rules, Regs and Classes, just click here
  • Noise limit is 105 dBA static
  • Passengers can register on the day (front seat only) for a nominal charge of £10
  • All bookings will receive a PDF info pack via email the week before the event
  • Pace Ward will be on hand to deal with any insurance queries, or call them on 01782 286311 now

Kames Park Sprint Timetable:
  • 08:00 - Registration
  • 08:45 - Driver Briefing
  • 09:15 - Sighting lap
  • 09:30 - Practice runs start
  • 09:00 to 12:00 - Scrutineering
  • 12:00 - Lunch
  • 13:00 - First Timed Runs start
  • 16:30 - Event closes and trophies awarded

Registration, Briefing and Parking:
  • Registration and driver's briefing will take place in the restaurant
  • The paddock will be situated on the tarmac by the start and upper level in front of the restaurant

Practice and Competitive Runs:
  • We'll aim to give all drivers a minimum of 10 runs on the day with a possible maximum of 16 available (depending on time etc).
  • Everyone is welcome and there are four Evo classes as usual, and an additional Guest class for all other cars.
  • The guys from 22B.com will have a 20 car allocation up to weeks prior to the event, and run their own classes as they did at Silverstone.

Trophies and Points Table:
  • Trophies for FTD and the top 3 drivers from each class on the day will be presented after the final run outside the cabin
    * Super Pro - Class A
    * AP Tuning - Class B
    * Ross Sport - Class C
    * Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes - Class D
  • The points tables and leaderboard will be updated asap after the event. See here for full details

Bookings:
  • On a first come first served basis
  • Drivers taking part in their first sprint will need to pay the 'once-only' Registration fee (£10) which all goes into the Drivers Fund.
  • Please visit the MLR Shop or call us on 08451 25 26 23.
  • Places cost £95 for the day, or a £50 non-refundable deposit can be paid to guarantee a place with the balance being due 30 days before the event (21st March)
  • 50/50 places can be registered for and will be offered in order of registration IF there are any 50/50 places available within 5 days of the event
  • Please see MLR's Cancellation Policy here

Tyre Support:
  • Tony Mekwinski form South Shore tyres will be onsite tyre support for the day. If you need any tyres bringing to the event please call him asap on 01253 761362 or 07860 912578.

Additional Info:
  • There is no charge for spectators
  • The onsite restaurant will be open for breakfast and dinner

See less See more
#8 ·
Think they will let the next car out once you pass for lap 2 mate.

Looking forward to this, looks challenging to say the least :lol:

#23 ·
I've just been informed there's a small charge for Spectators on the day; £4 for adults, under 16s go free and 4 or more adults in one car is £10. Anyone who is in early will probably not need to pay though. And anyone coming in with a competition car won't be charged either.

#30 ·
#29 ·
Kames is a great track but not much run-off. It was re-tarred a few years back so plenty of grip - in the dry.

I've never competed there in Tiddles but did in the old V8 Galant in the mid nineties. I have been there for testing a few times recently.

Come on up, you'll love it :D

Great choice of venue Darin :D

#32 ·
is there anyplaces left .
im not in the series and would like to arrive and drive

steve
Yes Steve,go into the club shop and click on sprints,if this is your first sprint you will need to pay the drivers registration fee as well.

Look at the sprint regs to find out what class you're in.

Good luck mate,looking forward too seeing you their. :smthumbup

#34 ·
:thumbup:just been given full clearance to enter this event by the Boss
she says I can enter:thumbup:
I will be giving Mechel a ring tomoz
And yep, I will be playing my Joker card
Is there any hotels in the area?

Bez

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.