Lancer Register Forum banner

My cousin!

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  jaievo6 
#1 ·
Me and my cousin are the same age, had similar interests at school and in the choice of our first cars!

I was a good boy and did my lessons and gained a full license

My cousin was a bad boy and got caught speeding, uninsured, un taxed and without a license.

Hes been caught many many times since! He's actually better off not getting a license now as there is no chance hell ever be insured on anything!

The cheeky **** rang me today and explained how he had finally caught up, i had no idea what he was on about, he proceeded to explain how 10years later his fines had equalled my first years insurance costs, but he has to do a little more to warrant the cost of having lessons!

Wheres the justice in that?

#4 ·
Oh hes defo a tw@,

Regardless of his license state the same would happen to you or me, everytime he gets caught he gets no more than a £200 fine and maybe 50 hours comm service tht he carries out when it suits him!

#5 ·
Well, some people think they are above the law. Thats fine, but you know what? What goes around, comes around. Pity he hasn't grown up then. People like him make me puke. it's ok when you're young, I admit to being a total tw&t when I was a teenager, and I could have gone the same way as you're cousin, but the magistrates gave me a very simple choice one day. Prison, or college (had just passed entrance exams to a course). I chose the latter and have never looked back. I guess some of us grow up, then there are others who just cant, due to being too simpleminded.
The clock ticks.

#8 ·
If Merseyside Police catch them they'll take the car & crush it, have that happen a couple of times and insurance starts looking a bit more affordable! Personally, I'd levy a charge of £5000 for anyone bringing a car into the UK, you get it refunded upon producing proof that the car has been insured with a UK insurance company for 12 months. Maybe make it so that the charge isn't applied if the car leaves the country within 4 weeks so as not to penalise holidaymakers. That's the Eastern Europeans sorted.

For the resident ****less breeders, no benefits until you prove the car you drive is insured, regardless of whether you own it. No proof - hello crusher. Too many cars on the roads of the UK anyway, a few less would benefit everyone, especially if it's the uninsured ones that go :)

The ultimate solution is a system which prevents the car operating unless insurance is in place, but that's too much like Big Brother for my liking. Too easy to get to automatic speed restrictors and the government knowing your every move:thumbdown

#9 ·
Guy i knew used to do the same , when i was a nipper and scrimping and saving the £900 tpft to insure my 3l Capri this guy was driving an XR2i without a care in the world , he had a licence but had never bothered with insurance, when he was caught his fine was still less than my annual premium and it had taken 4 years for him to get caught

His dad was fully aware and supported his driving with no insurance and was a senior officer at Avon and Somerset Police !!

#10 ·
You hit and kill someone, regardless of being insured or not, its gonna **** your head up, if your write your car off the insurance company you pay are gonna find a million reasons why they shouldnt pay you, your gonna get sued for whiplash regardless, people who werent in the car are gonna sue for whiplash, the man walking his dog 3 towns away is gonna sue for whiplash, may as well not be insured, take it on te chin and pay agreed costs back to the courts of £1 a week!

But like i said, im a good boy and must be down £15k over the last ten years through insurance!

#11 ·
Look on the bright, he'll probably win £50m on the Euro millions and laugh at you whilst getting nosh'd by Megan Fox in the back of his Roller......

#17 ·
Karma is catching up, his ex has pasted all over facebook how he has gone to check out an STI

Apparently its not the type that comes with a subaru badge attached!
It's not the worst type of STI then? That's a shame.

#18 ·
Surely today every time he goes out he will get stopped for being uninsured with the ANPR cameras in operation???

Your the winner on this,not your dumb cousin,as its inevitable that he will get eventually disqualified for life and do time. Its xxbs like this where us legal drivers have to pay more on insurance to conpensate for idiots like this!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.