Lancer Register Forum banner

Selling to a overseas buyer !!!

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  H3rmaN 
#1 ·
Hi all just after abit of advice really got a guy interested in a evo iv got for sale he lives in Australia and wants to pay into my account etc etc then get a company to collect it and take it to Southampton to be ship I want to trust the guy but in the back of my head I keep thinking scam ???

Any ideas or if any 1 has done this then info would be great

Thanks nick

P.s this is no disrespect to the guy that wants the car it just for my peace of mind to get others opinions :)

#7 ·
Advertised on PistonHeads? When I had my skyline for sale I had loads of people messaging me -

hi I'm interested in you car, I live/currently away on work in (a country) I would pay the full asking price via PayPal and get it picked up.... Ect ect

Scam! But as someone said bank transfer would seem legit I guess.

#11 · (Edited)
If you want to be absolutely sure cash stays yours, why not open a secondary account (maybe even different bank), use that for "weird" receiving of money and once confirmed: clean out the account & close it.

I have had a message as well from some US soldier in Afghanistan willing to buy my Evo; first thing I said was cash only... Never heard back.

And different point of view: my car was bought in the UK as well. I had a guy here taking care of it but seeing it was only a few 100 miles, he just flew over to collect the car. All finance was paid in advance and seller didn't "object" as much as others in this topic.

#15 ·
I sold my car overseas, took it to a garage they put the cash in my hand and we filled in the export part of the V5 and they took it to the docks and I drove back home, it's as simple as that.

If I was sent a bank transfer I would of been happy too. it's them that need to trust you!

#16 ·
We Sell lots over seas , we only take bank transfer! , your right to ask because we get hundreds of scam over seas emails.

Take bank transfer only , forget the PayPal ones as their normally ones trying to scam And any cards

You will be fine as long as you see it in your bank acc

Barrie

#19 ·
Its mine

Thanks to all those members who dont have a closed mind on selling oseas.
If anything the buyer who pays into a direct account has all the liability in the car being delivered as advertised etc. I'm in UK for the Goodwood Festival each year so I guess if Nick duds me I wont find it too hard to find him !!!
seriously Nick seems an honest bloke and I trust him.
I just pose the question to those red necks-how in Gods name can you scam someone when you pay into their account without asking for the goods prior ????
For everyone in UK's info. The GBP versus aussie dollar is really strong at present. In fact its up 100% on 10 years ago ! Bringing the same car in from Japan would cost grand OZ more at present. The downside is your cars are much more expensive to comply over here because the stupid OZ government only has documentation on Jap cars even though they are the same. Fortunately I have a mate who complies them !!!

#23 ·
Thanks to all those members who dont have a closed mind on selling oseas.
If anything the buyer who pays into a direct account has all the liability in the car being delivered as advertised etc. I'm in UK for the Goodwood Festival each year so I guess if Nick duds me I wont find it too hard to find him !!!
seriously Nick seems an honest bloke and I trust him.
I just pose the question to those red necks-how in Gods name can you scam someone when you pay into their account without asking for the goods prior ????
For everyone in UK's info. The GBP versus aussie dollar is really strong at present. In fact its up 100% on 10 years ago ! Bringing the same car in from Japan would cost grand OZ more at present. The downside is your cars are much more expensive to comply over here because the stupid OZ government only has documentation on Jap cars even though they are the same. Fortunately I have a mate who complies them !!!
The other way around the Aussie dollar is very strong over the pound I found out the hard way £8 for a bottle of cider!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.