Lancer Register Forum banner

* Mitsubishi Motors Announce Evo X Pricing Revision *

20K views 165 replies 47 participants last post by  rdraper 
#1 ·
Posted on behalf of Mitsubishi Motors:

"We are extremely pleased to announce to the MLR news of a price revision for the Lancer Evolution X.

We have taken this action in order to remain competitive in this segment.

We are also pleased to advise you that the Evolution X is also available with 0% Typical APR Finance.

For full details on pricing, spec and the finance terms and conditions, please go to http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/evolution/ or contact your nearest Ralliart dealer."

See less See more
#14 ·
Am I the only one that finds it a touch annoying when manufacturers do these price reductions to a model that you already have :goingmad:

I can see it as good news for prospective new buyers but not so good news for existing owners who's cars have lost £5k off them overnight :wallbang:

The base level Evo X has now been downgraded from a £30k+ car to a £25k car. :eek:

One of the many things I personally liked about the X (and evos as a whole) is that they are reasonably exclusive. I have only seen 2 or 3 X's apart from at planned meets.

I can only see this price reduction making the X a more viable proposition for the masses and soon they will be like Focus's and everyone will have one. Mitsi may like this idea although it is making the car a lot less desireable in my eyes especially if it is going to become an extremely common sight on the roads.

So Mitsi can reduce prices by £5k but are unable to justify the costs for a remap to remove the appaling lowdown torque issues. :rolleyes:

#49 ·
One of the many things I personally liked about the X (and evos as a whole) is that they are reasonably exclusive. I have only seen 2 or 3 X's apart from at planned meets.

I can only see this price reduction making the X a more viable proposition for the masses and soon they will be like Focus's and everyone will have one. Mitsi may like this idea although it is making the car a lot less desireable in my eyes especially if it is going to become an extremely common sight on the roads.

So Mitsi can reduce prices by £5k but are unable to justify the costs for a remap to remove the appaling lowdown torque issues. :rolleyes:
No matter how much Mitsubishi drop their prices the Evo will never be common place on our roads as the majority are not willing to pay the insurance premiums, thats if they can get a premium. Secondly the masses will not pay the stupid fuel prices or fork out for the running costs. The Evo will never be a viable proposition as they are solely enthusiasts cars. However, the more the merrier I say as it can only help further development of the marque and increase group buys and increase value for money.

As for devaluing the model, no one buys a car to make money. The Evo is no different to any other car as it's simply a means of getting from A to B. The Evo just gets you from A to B quicker and puts a bigger smile on your face and a bigger dent in your pocket. Take a look at all those that modify their cars. Do you think they expect to get their money back on the sale of their car, NO. They purely do it to get more enjoyment from their car.

Don't think I'm having a go because I drive a IX as these price reductions have a knock on effect on the residual value for the whole of the Evo range. Am I bothered, NO. So long as I enjoy the car who cares. :smthumbup

:mitsi::mitsi::mitsi:

#26 ·
its actually ****ing ridiculous!! i never really thought about it till i read others, imagine people who have just bought say a black x and paid 36k for i and now its 30k

the worst part being

there is nothign available but red 360s? so just devalue all your loyal customers cars and your brand for no benefits? doesnt make sense

#31 ·
1 year option:
· 0% APR
· 50% minimum deposit
· Term up to 12 months

2 year option:
· 5.9% APR
· 40% minimum deposit
· Term up to 24 months

3 year option:
· 6.9% APR
· 30% minimum deposit
· Term up to 36 months

4 year option:
· 7.9% APR
· 20% minimum deposit
· Term up to 48 months

5 year option:
· 8.9% APR
· 10% minimum deposit
· Term up to 60 months

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.