Lancer Register Forum banner

Winter tyres /2017 snow pic thread!

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  will2 
#1 ·
I know some people don't think you need them but i think it's gonna be a stinker this year so i've bought a set while they're still cheap and available before the BMW muppets snaffle them all up!
Anyone else getting some?
I can't wait 'till it snows proper.

#6 · (Edited)
If you live in a country that don't have too much snow, buy some performance orientated winter tyres:

Continental WinterContact TS 830 P
Continental WinterContact TS 850 P
Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Gen 1
Michelin Pilot Alpin 4
Nokian WR A4
Bridgestone Blizzak LM25

If you live in a country that have moderate snow, buy some winter tyres which are better suited for snow:

Continental WinterContact TS 860
Dunlop Winter Sport 5
Goodyear UltraGrip 9
Michelin Alpin A4
Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3
Nokian WR D4
Yokohama W drive V905
Bridgestone Blizzak LM001

If you live in a northern countries with a lot of snow, buy some special winter tyres, which regularly have two types, studded, and non studded:

Nokian Hakkapeliitta
Continental Conti Viking Contact 5
Pirelli Winter Icecontrol
Bridgestone Blizzak Revo GZ
Michelin X-Ice 3

#16 ·
even cheaper brand winters are better than good non-winters once the weather turns pants. I ran my evo 9 on jinyu winters one year just to try them and had so much fun in the snow. I bought another set for the wifes car and again they proved their worth a couple of times. Pity the set I have for sale are 16" as they wont fit my car now. Mind you a rear drive bmw probaby isnt best suited to any sort of snow or tyres the way I drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.