Lancer Register Forum banner

Tommi Makinen Evo 6-5 in Scotia White for sale

38K views 115 replies 50 participants last post by  Poofy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Car Sky Vehicle Wheel Tire

Vehicle Description

UK Tommi Makinen Evo 6-5 in Scotia White for sale. It is what now seems hard to find one of the 250 Official Ralliart UK cars no 37/250 first registered by The Colt Car Company in May of 2001 which I purchased from Marshalls of Cambridge in July 2001. I used the car regularly when I first bought it and it was serviced by Marshalls as per Ralliart the last service by Marshalls being Dec 15th 2005 at 54469 miles. Unfortunately on Christmas eve just 9 days later a piston broke which led to me having the current forged engine built. The car still has its original block so still has the unusual feature of matching engine and chassis numbers!!.
The car was not back on the road until late July 2006 and has not really been used much since which can be seen from the MOT certificates and was not used at all between 30/09/10 and 20/09/14 when it was next taxed until late October of the same year. I have all tax discs and MOTs.
With this car now being 15yrs old and a UK car, which are becoming harder to find one cannot expect it to be rust free as expected with the many imports from Japan.
Whilst yes you will find rust underneath the car which is perfectly normal for a car of this age which in itself is unusual as you don't see many old cars still on the road now and yes you are looking at a 15yr old car which must be considered when viewing!!, I can guarantee whilst yes you will find rust,but only surface rust you will not find any rot as experienced by many who have bought what looks like a ""mint car""only to discover a horror story later. Yes I could spend three weeks stripping, scraping, shot blasting, stone chipping and respraying the underside to look like new only to be questioned many times as to what was/am I trying to hide so I personally feel it better to offer this car in the its genuine condition giving its new owner the opportunity to put his own mark on it. In 2008 I went completely through the car discovering all those hidden, unexpected places road dirt and salt could hide away and slowly eat your pride and joy at its pleasure undiscovered for years eventually giving you the fright of your life.
When the engine was built and put on Autronics it was mapped by Mark Shead.
The car has recently returned from NR Autosport where Nick gave it a service and thorough going over replacing the fuel pump, injectors, boost controller solenoid, set up the boost controller and tweaked the map to his satisfaction at a cost of £1450
The wheels are undamaged although would benefit from being refurbished along with the rear bumper being repainted as it is slightly off white compared with the splitter which has recently been painted. Yes i could of had these done before putting "Edna"up for sale but i feel it more appropriate to offer her to her new owner in her original condition as opposed to "just tarted up to sell"
Engine:
Built by Brian Randall Race Engines

CP 86mm Forged Pistons (1mm Oversize)
Eagle Steel Rods
Lightened and Balanced bottom end
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Studs
ACL Bearings
HKS Stainless Steel Head gasket
HKS Adjustable Camshaft Pulleys
Uprated Lash Adjusters
Uprated (Larger) Oil Cooler with Braided Lines
Alloy Oil Catch Reservoir
Alloy Power Steering Reservoir (original included)
Alloy Coolant Reservoir (original included)
Mag Oil Filter
Engine Cover Painted Yellow (original Red available if required)
Alloy Coil Cover (also available)
ECU:
Autronics with anti-lag -originally mapped by Mark Shead
but recently re-mapped by Nick at NR Autosport
Fueling:
RC 1000CC Injectors (recently replaced)
Braided Fuel Lines
Walbro Fuel pump (recently replaced)

Turbo:
Reconditioned 10.5 Turbo
100mm Core Intercooler (Custom Made)
76mm Stainless Steel Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit (Custom Made)
HKS Type II Blow Off Valve
K&N Cold Air Intake
Power Steering Cooler Relocation Kit
Boost Controller

Exhaust:
Full-Race Stainless Steel Manifold
HKS Stainless Steel Down Pipe
Blitz NUR-Spec Stainless Steel Exhaust

Transmission:
Exedy Organic Clutch (500 miles ago)
Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel

Chassis:
Adjustable Coilovers with Top Mounts (SRB Power's own brand)
Ralliart Front Strut Brace
Cusco Adjustable Front ARB
Cusco Adjustable Rear ARB
Fully Polybushed throughout
Diff Brackets Powder Coated Blue

Brakes:
Brembo Callipers refurbished in Yellow
Brembo Discs
Mintex M1177 Pads
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines

Other:
Battery Relocation Kit
Stainless Steel Slam Panel (not fitted)
Boost Gauge
Stereo and Speakers
Schroth Harnesses (available)
Refurbished AYC Pump
Price £14,500

I still have most of the original parts that have been changed on the car i.e. header tank, power stering fluid tank, many hoses etc and also an original red rocker cover plus much more which will go with the car.
As previously said in the advert the wheels would benefit from being refurbished, along with new floor mats and boot mat which are currently original and if i was keeping the car i would personally replace the gear knob

email.... wayne@iyf-racing.com
phone... 07894944911
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Car Sky Vehicle Wheel Tire

See less See more
#4 ·
Since MOT the car has been to Snetterton twice and Santa Pod once, at time of MOT on 01/08/16 the mileage was 74,539 so without looking its around 75,000 but probably just under. As for power to be honest it was mapped after rebuild by Mark Shead who quoted it should be somewhere around 430/430,easilly able to achieve the 500 mark with the build spec with a turbo and cam upgrade but i have never personally felt the need or had the desire to go any further with it or put it on the dyno as i was happy with how Mark mapped it.

#7 ·
Thank you for your kind words with ref to the sale "Strange Days". I appreciate your view, opinion and curiosity as to why one would mod, map and then not put the car on the dyno but as i said i was happy with what Mark Shead achieved and if you note when the rebuild was done, 2006, when i joined the MLR 2004 and how long i have owned the TME from new in 2001 (when it was a very rare occasion one would see an Evo VI on the road) you will understand that i am someone who was in the very fortunate position to be able to afford to buy a car of that value at the time who bought, drove and enjoyed the car but was never enticed into the "how much power is your Evo making, oh mine has more power than yours" scenario.:smthumbup:sorry:

Reactions: Leo6072
#11 ·
Agreed, but to others it can be an important factor in buying a car. When selling a car I personally believe it's important to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, and in my honest opinion a dyno printout whatever the power will help broaden the appeal. If you buy a modded performance car, then surely you want to know how it performs..

Anyway, I've said enough, I'm gonna stop clogging up this thread :D

#15 ·
I didn't run it John i just took it up to the Jap Finale based on going many times in the past although not for 6 years to put it up for sale but it turned out to be a waste of time. I got there just before lunch on the Sunday and they wouldn't let me through to the "cars for sale section". This used to be a well attended event when we have gone to it in the past, absolutely packed but clearly not anymore.

#20 ·
I'm starting to think i may have to go through that drama of blasting and painting the underside as it seems that anyone looking to buy one of these cars forgets how old they actually are and expect the underside of a 15/16 year old car to look like new

#24 ·
Update on the sale of Edna, UK TME edition No 37/250 (a very rare one owner UK car)
I am very surprised that as of now this car is still for sale seeing as it is a rarity to find a genuine one owner UK TME for sale now. I have had several enquirys which I am pleased about but every time we end up discussing whether or not the car has any rust underneath, well yes of course it has it's a 16yr old UK registered car that surprisingly has actually been driven on our UK roads and although it has been used very little for the past 8yrs (which can be verified on the DVLA website) has got some rust underneath as one would expect. I have had great pleasure in owning and enjoying this genuine car over the past 16yrs, hoping that I would be able to sell it in its original genuine condition to someone who would appreciate it as a genuine car, seeing past a little surface rust appreciating it for what it is or being prepared to spend some time and effort restoring the underneath to how it was when new.
Unfortunately this has not happened so i feel I have been left with no option other than to embark on the mission of stripping it from the transfer box back, shot blasting and repainting it back to as close as I can as it was when I bought it new 16yrs ago. It will look great when it's done and someone will get themselves a great car but i have to admit I am disappointed that I am going to end my days as an Evo owner with a very sour taste in my mouth.

Reactions: Steve mr375
#22 · (Edited)
Yes i agree it does seem to be the normal expectations of the "new" Evo owner but to someone like i who has owned a specific evo from new for almost 16yrs, and one that was bought new in the UK 16yrs ago i find it difficult to understand and comprehend why one would expect a 16yr old car to still look like it did when it left the factory

#27 ·
Maybe it would be worth either posting photos up of the underside and or lowering the asking price as no doubt the underside will cost money/ take time

It looks a good car :smthumbup
Good advice.

I would get the car well cleaned and take detailed pictures of everything as the pictures you have posted are not enough really. Yes I know people can go see the car etc but a good add with detailed pictures encourage buyers to take the next step. Also ( and I don't know if you have) advertise it in other places like eBay ph even auto trader. :thumbup:

#28 ·
Well everything is stripped off now, bit of a deja vu of 8 years ago and although i'm hating it at the moment being a perfectionist i'm sure I will get into it and be happy once it's done. I am going to part shotblast, scrape and wire brush it then give it a dose of the much favoured on here Rust Bullet followed by some stone chip in odd places then a couple of coats of original Scotia White. I will blast and spray the rear drive shafts and prop black along with the fuel tank and filler along with a good steam clean of all the other parts before putting it back together which will look good but I won't be replacing any of the bolts I replaced 8 years ago, let's face it I've got to leave something for her new owner to do!!

Reactions: M3 ROB
#29 ·
Well as i said "i'm sure i will get into it", i'm finding it hard but getting there. Ive almost finished cleaning and scraping as far as i'm going to go and shouls be ready for "Rust Bullet" in a couple of days. Rust Bullet !! what a saga that has been, the guy that imports it has run his stocks out due to moving house but after contacting him he had 1 quart and 1 pint of automotive left until he gets his next delivery which left me with no option but to take a 160 mile trip to get it as i didnt want to take any chances and end up losing it to someone else:wallbang: secretly i think i'm looking foward to seeing the end result :smthumbup

#30 ·
Rust Bullet

well what a product this is, i can see why so many people like it. I gave Edna a good seeing to with it Tuesday and yesterday and cant believe how it turned out. Stone chip tomorrow then two or three coats of Scotia white, i'm looking foward to seeing the end result. Its just a shame ive had to do this to sell and i'm not doing it to keep therefore not painting everything else and replacing all the bolts for new ones as i think its going to look great, at least there will be something for her new owner to do

#31 ·
Oh well what a day ive had today but must admit all the hard work over the past two/three weeks is looking like its going to be worth it. After lots of hard work cleaning up the underneath of the car it was treated with rust bullet on Tuesday then i seam sealed it on Wed then gave it a couple of coats of original Scotia white yesterday. Im pleased with the result considering i didnt want to do it and i am looking fowrd to seeing the end result when i have put everything back together

#34 ·
Thanks Mike, yes i have done a proper job, I will post some finished pics up soon. I have tried but can't seem to do it so will have to get someone else to do it for me. I am pleased with the end result and have to say that Rust Bullet is a great product to work with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.