PDA

View Full Version : £ 500 worth

Fatman
01-01-2006, 11:19
Not wanting to put a damper on things but how do we comply with this £ 500 worth rule

Lets face it a car that runs is worth £300
Can we have some guidence on this area

The grass track racers Ive seen locally weld up the doors and move the rads inside due to the high incidence of unintentional contact, I presume this is allowed

Weebl
01-01-2006, 11:45
Originally posted by Fatman
Not wanting to put a damper on things but how do we comply with this £ 500 worth rule

Lets face it a car that runs is worth £300
Can we have some guidence on this area

The grass track racers Ive seen locally weld up the doors and move the rads inside due to the high incidence of unintentional contact, I presume this is allowed

Nige.

£300 for a runner, that leaves £200 to play with to get it in condition, bearing in mind a seat, harness and cage don't count towards the £500. Cannot see the problem?

The rules are up mate and I see nothing in there about not being able to weld doors up and move rads. Tuck in :)

BILTEL
01-01-2006, 17:01
Do you really want all that boiling water in the car with you? I know I don't.

It's none contact afterall.

Fatman
01-01-2006, 17:32
Originally posted by BILTEL
Do you really want all that boiling water in the car with you? I know I don't.

It's none contact afterall.

50 1st timers on grass all intent on winning for 3 hour durration

NON CONTACT

Your having a Giraff :crackup:

Lengthmeister
01-01-2006, 17:41
Obviously you have never stolen a car ,they last for ages even whilst ramming your mates :eek:

Aparently ;) :crackup: :crackup:

BILTEL
01-01-2006, 18:02
Originally posted by Fatman
50 1st timers on grass all intent on winning for 3 hour durration

NON CONTACT

Your having a Giraff :crackup:

You can't say that!! :D :D ;)

vetteheadracer
13-01-2006, 15:01
I assume removing all the interior, glass etc. is allowed?

I've seen a 1991 Lancer 1.8L 5 door 4x4 for £395 quid which I reckon I can get for £250 as the MOT has expired.

Any recommendations on suitable tyres? I assume slicks are probably not the best on a grass circuit :moon:

Darin
23-01-2006, 23:44
Vetteheadracer,

All the info you need is here (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?threadid=98022) ;)

As for tyres - you could be right! Think 'grass' and this should help guide you! :D

BILTEL
29-01-2006, 16:16
No, think slicks. This will help guide ME! :D

jason4656
12-02-2006, 01:19
Important

This is a non contact event and will be run with safety as the paramount concern. Although we appreciate that some cars may come into contact with each other, all drivers are expected to drive to ensure this remains at a minimum. Any drivers seen ‘ramming’ or perpetually hitting other cars will be black flagged and banned from the event

mojo
22-02-2006, 16:44
Registered and Paid up!!!

Really looking forward to this - but like others - the £500 rule seems a bit vague.

I know it's written down in the regs, "Note: Any cars considered to be worth substantially more than £500 will be refused entry ", this appears to be in the opinion of the scrutineers.

But opinions can vary drastically.

I would love to see this rule made as hard and fast as possible before people invest any monies.

eg: A half knackered LSD lying around in someone's garage could be used - but is it £20 of scrap or £600's worth of second hand bits?...
and ..... buy a car £550 then put dents and scratches in the bodywork, to bring the value under £500?

I know these things may appear to be petty but the firmer the rule the easier it will be to police.

The last thing we need are arguments about the values of cars spoiling what should be a fantastic event.

Barry P.
25-02-2006, 16:27
The way prices are dropping I reckon my Evo 6 will only be worth £500 by the time we get to August !!.