PDA

View Full Version : New Car

silversix
06-02-2001, 18:31
As the few of you who know me know. Yesterday I went for my test drive in the new V6 Clio which I've had on order for the last 2 and a half years. Suffice to say that it was somewhat lacking compared to my EVO 6. I'm going to the Renault dealer to cancel the order tomorrow. Looks like I'll be keeping the EVO for a lot longer, as I can't think of anything thats affordable and faster. I'm a bit sad about it actually,as I thought the Clio would be similar to a Turbo 1 or 2 but it wasn't. Think Renault have tried to sanitise it too much for the road. Another guy there had a 400BHP Skyline and he thought much the same. Anyway I'm keeping the EVO and looking forward to some track days this year.

Out of interest I got 30MPG going to Coventry and back at between 60 and 90 on the motorway. Thats 300 miles on less than a tank and a half! The AFC definately works well on M'ways.

Adrian

A. de Vries
06-02-2001, 22:37
Evo 6 is the best car you can buy for that kind of money

i can not think of anything else maybe a bmw m3 new model but it s far more expensive than the evo 6 i hope my next car will be an evo 7 or 8 with active centre diff so i can make some handbrake turns[img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle ><!--e1-->

A. de Vries saving for an evo 7

Rallyman
08-02-2001, 01:54
I think you are right about the Clio V6.

Renault had to 'detune' it from the original 250HP to the final 230HP. I know a few drivers in the Clio Trophy Cup and they were shocked of Renault's intentions to make a road version, as they all agree that the car is not well balanced. What's more, it's scary! I've been driven in the race version car and I can tell from the driver's efforts to keep the thing in the track that it's not an easy one to drive. We brought a car magazine to test it, and no matter how much we warned the tester (himself a racer), he lost control in the third corner of his first quick lap, and was pale when he returned to the pits, even though he was lucky not to hit anything.

Dennis the Menace
08-02-2001, 11:54
I bought my E-5 because of the performance and power I get out of a mere 2.0 litre engine and the amazing handling and roading it provides. Not to mention the aggressive front-look as well. If you are looking for quality finishing, well built and expensive materials get something else which you have to pay a lot more. I guess is always a compromise and where your priorities lie.