PDA

View Full Version : Price guides

Indy
04-02-2001, 10:04
Is there such a thing as a used IMPORT car price guide either in book or www. form?

CK EVO
04-02-2001, 10:41
I saw that kind of book from the import car dealer ...but never see that sell on the high street.

Heave Ho Six
04-02-2001, 12:09
As CK says there is a price guide but it is trade only. Try the Car Import Guide magazine as that lists most imports and the rough prices. Other than that is to get the old Exchange and amp; Mart etc. and have a look to see what they are selling for.

btw are you Indy on the IOW?

Indy
04-02-2001, 13:07
It's been in the news for the past year that Indy will return to our screens for a new adventure...

Fiats Indy! Very dangerous! You go first!

Indy - IOW!

Heave Ho Six
04-02-2001, 14:05
So what are you going to get now? I thought you liked your Fiat Coupe?
btw your 6 is doing great!

Jonah
04-02-2001, 19:34
Colin, old fruity! Good to hear it's running well. (One always worries, just in case you know!)

The Coupe turbo is very quick and luxurious, but the handling is what I miss. Budget is (relatively) low, so I'm wondering whether to go for a UK Honda Integra Type R (which I've had before and was great fun) or go for something like an Impreza STi 4 (if they are cheap).

Hence, import price guide!

What I will say is though, the Scooby bulletin board people remind of XR3i drivers from the 80s/90s. Don't know if I could take the stigma, although I'm sure they are not all the same.

Heave Ho Six
04-02-2001, 23:34
I suggest the Integra again, Subaru's are too juicy. According to government figures (19.9mpg average) they are worse than Evo's but I find that hard to believe. Happy hunting!

chunky
05-02-2001, 07:19
If you want the Integra to be quicker than a 1.0 Micra then I'd reckon the fuel consumption <i>would</i> be about the same as an Evo. You really have to rev the **** out of them to get them to move. [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle ><!--e13-->

I've heard the Accord isn't quite so lacking in torque lower down, maybe that would be a good choice?

Jonah
05-02-2001, 13:49
Had the Integra TR before the (late) Evo VI. Ecomony was never worse than 27mpg, usu 30-ish. The torque curve on the Integra is pretty good from 2000rpm|PLS| and would see off an Accord TR, just check some of the reports. Had a joust with an Evo V once, surprised him, I think...

Have asked for Evo V v STi 4 group test report rom Autocar. If anyone interested, I'll sum it up later.

Heave Ho Six
05-02-2001, 22:42
I have probably got a back issue of that! Save your money I will scan it!

Indy
05-02-2001, 22:59
Bugger! Already done it! Don't tell me the ending!