PDA

View Full Version : Wheels recommendation

RA28
03-02-2001, 07:15
Hi there

What sort of replacement wheels would you suggest for a winter tyre set ?
I have the TME enkei right now and thinking of using the E6 Oz wheels.
I looked around for the E6 Oz wheels but the Superturismo set that I found comes only with 4 lugs instead of 5.
Would that fit the E6 ?

Thanks

- ron

chunky
03-02-2001, 09:19
SuperTs come in 4 and 5 stud patterns, 4s would not fit a VI for obvious reasons!

There are usually some standard VI wheels going in the Parts For Sale section of this BBS, check it to see but I think that T27(SilverVI) has 4 OZs for sale right now.

The other option is to go for some nice aftermarket wheels, Compomotive MOs are a good choice IMHO [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle ><!--e1-->

Clive
03-02-2001, 18:47
Before choosing the rims, have you decided what winter tyres you want? If they are a taller profile than standard, you may need a smaller diameter rim. Now, I believe that Compomotive have been working on 15 Evo rims for forest rallying to go over the big brakes. Alternatively, I was at my Tyre Supplier today and was shown a PIRELLI 18 low profile open block pattern tarmac tyre in Winter compound that looked the business.

Decisions, decisions ...

RA28
04-02-2001, 01:06
Hi there

I would prefer to keep the original 225/45 17 sizes, because I wont be rallying the car.
But you are right, for rallying, a smaller diameter wheel would be better.

Do you remember the model of the pirelli tires ?

Also, what do you Evo6 owners think of the OZ Superturismo wheels ?
Are they decent and lightweight ?

Thanks

- ron