PDA

View Full Version : Snetterton trackday

Brammo
27-11-2000, 19:10
Another great day out : Thanks to Darin (and anyone else who helped-out)

What about times : do any of you guys have lap times for your cars ?
and before you reply - I was timing some of you so no lies !

Lotusman
27-11-2000, 20:52
I don't but I would be interested if you timed me towards the end of the day, silver VI GT6344.

Agreed, thanks Darin and all others involved.

AndyS
27-11-2000, 21:30
Me Too!
Yet another great day out organised by our Glorious Leader [img]http://www.ltregister.force9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

I've thoroughly enjoyed every tack day I've done to this year, but on reflection yesterday was probably the best.
Great weather, a terrific circuit (you gotta love that Bombhole!), a chance to say hi to (most) of the usual suspects and to meet a few more petrol heads.
Add to that, I personally felt that I was driving the best I've done all year on track (due in no small part to the instruction I've recieved over the course of the year at the hands of Graham, Mark and the latest addition to the line up, Paul).
Roll on April.

AndyS
27-11-2000, 21:32
(That'll teach me to read properly before I post)

and amp;gt; I was timing some of you so no lies !

Blue VI, W600EVO - any numbers for me? I know I was going quicker in the afternoon than the morning, but I'd be interested to know how MUCH quicker.

David
02-12-2000, 19:23
This was my first Track Day and I had a really enjoyable time.
Many thanks to Darin,the instructors and every body else who orginised the day.
In the afternoon somebody timed me at 1min 31sec which I thought quite respectable for a first attempt.
I was a little disappointed the official photographer didn't turn up. Has anybody got any pictures of car 43, Reims blue Evo6 C6 DGH ?

Darin
05-12-2000, 01:39
Hi Guys (and Girls!)

Glad to hear you all had a good day; yep, I thought it was one of the best yet too.....and I still can't believe how lucky we were with the weather - maybe it IS down to the 'magic trousers' after all! I'm sorry the photographer didn't show and so far I've had no success in contacting him, but rest assured you'll be caught on celluloid next time!

Next year's calendar is coming together slowly and so far includes Cadwell Park (of course!), Oulton Park and Snetterton. I also hoping to add Castle Combe and Croft to that list (and Donington if they're not closing the circuit for 6 months in 2001), but which circuits would you like to go to????

I see Anglesey is being mentioned elsewhere on the Forum and was intending speaking to Richard (Circuit Manager) about a day there, but wondered if there would be enough interest. Let me know!

See you soon,

Darin

Lotusman
05-12-2000, 16:13
Anglesey is a great little track and I'd certainly be on for a day there. SUL could be a problem though, I'm not sure how close the nearest station is.

Regards
Gary

Hunty
05-12-2000, 17:09
Darin,

all of the above, give us the dates and you can have the dosh!