PDA

View Full Version : ICE Advice

Evilution
17-11-2000, 16:56
Hi,

I'm looking to make some improvements to my stereo set-up - new speakers, amp and sub, nothing serious. Anybody have any experience of installers in the Chester area? There is a Halfords with a Ripspeed shop and lots of audio stuff, just not sure i could leave my baby with them! Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Evo_driver
18-11-2000, 21:43
If you can bear to be without your baby for a couple of days then I recommend SQ Plus in Manchester (Trafford Park, close to the Trafford Centre). They've had several Evos stripped down to the floor and rebuilt with ICE installs. They did my system too. Unfortunately they only deal in top notch gear so cost a bit! Quality has its price though; also Phil and the lads don't take cars for impromptu 'road tests'!

Evilution
19-11-2000, 22:40
Cheers ED,

What you got then? I'm not looking to spend a fortune, just get a decent sound. My girlfriend has an A3 with the Bose option fitted, and that sounds fantastic. Anything close to that will be fine!

Kevin.

Evo_driver
21-11-2000, 08:43
Kevin,

Post your e-mail address and I'll let you know offlist.

ED

Evilution
21-11-2000, 22:19
Cheers ED - mail me at kevinageorge@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Kevin.

Evo Singh
22-11-2000, 13:52
Just out of curiosity, what do people have installed in their cars, who did you have it done by?

Prit

Black VI
22-11-2000, 16:40
I had a Pioneer 6 disc with Calibre amp, Phoenix Gold Component Speakers, Calibre rears and an MTX sub, sounds superb!
Had it installed by Scenic (West Mids), they do all of RalliartUKs cars and know them inside out!
They also do all of Prodrives cars aswell.

More importantly, they came to me to do it!!!!

Give them a call, 0374 608662

Evo Singh
22-11-2000, 19:46
My one already had clarion co-ax's installed in the doors, nothing on the shelf. I did my own install. I installed all apline equipment, tape head unit (thinking about changing to md though) 6 disc changer in the glovebox, false floor install in the boot, consisting of a 4 and 2 channel amp, the 2 channel is running 2 12 alpine subs, in a sealed box. Overall sounds good, bugger all boot space left though (who cares!!!) got the 4 channel running the fronts, got no money left so i havent got nothing for the rear yet.

Prit

Evo Singh
22-11-2000, 19:47
My one already had clarion co-ax's installed in the doors, nothing on the shelf. I did my own install. I installed all apline equipment, tape head unit (thinking about changing to md though) 6 disc changer in the glovebox, false floor install in the boot, consisting of a 4 and 2 channel amp, the 2 channel is running 2 12 alpine subs, in a sealed box. Overall sounds good, bugger all boot space left though (who cares!!!) got the 4 channel running the fronts, got no money left so i havent got nothing for the rear yet.

Prit