PDA

View Full Version : Changing SO2's

shorty
07-11-2000, 13:44
I need a new set of front tyres as have a lot of scrub on outside edge from road use and track day.
I have found the so2 's to be quite a soft compound and do scrub easily,on the outside edge.
I have noticed quite a bit of slide on my way around tight round abouts in the wet.
My last tyres were Yokahamas and even though low tread wear they stiil gripped well in the dry.
there has been mention of ToYO proxies and eagle f1's.
I am favouring going back to the yokohamas,but would appeciate wet and dry weather combination, and ride quality comments.
I will save the old so'2s for trackday use.

cheers

Paul s

ALTEZZA
07-11-2000, 15:56
I HAVE PUT THE TOYOS T1-S ON MY ALTEZZA ON THE REAR THEY ARE A GOOD TYRE BETTER THAN THE GOODYEARS THAT WERE ON IT AND ALSO GOOD IN WET AND DRY BUT THEY DO TAKE A BIT OF GETTING USED TO THE CAR CAN FEEL A BIT LOOSE ON THE REAR AT HIGH TOP END, BUT YOUR SET UP WOULD BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO WHAT I HAVE HOPE THIS HELPS........

A. de Vries
07-11-2000, 21:17
The SO2 is a tire which is very hard on the outside of the tire
most tires are soft on the sides so outher edges are wearing very fast

i think you did a good choice with so 2

yokohama
michelin
toyo
eagle

are all softer on the edges then the so 2 so they wear even faster on the outher edges

i hope you can understand my very bad english sorry

shorty
07-11-2000, 22:23
Tony ,
Don,t worry about your English so much ,its fine.
I am pleased with the overall performance of the So2s,alot of top sports cars use perelli p-zero's,which i have thought of as a change.
But reading on a tyre test web site the so2's are the best.
I wanted a set of asymetric treads which seem to have good reports,and handling qualities in wet and dry.
Altezza ,It might be the mixing of makes and tread type that make's it feel weird.

cheers

Paul s

SteveC
08-11-2000, 08:12
My VI came with a fresh set of S-02's. All I can say is that they have been damn good in the last month of wet weather, but haven't had the chance to compare to the original S-01's.

Steve.

Alan
09-11-2000, 11:16
I've had S02's, F1, P-Zero and Yokohama.
The P-Zero comes a definite last in this company, only just pipped by the S02.
The F1 and Yokohama AVS Sport are head and shoulders above the other two in all departments, but IMHO the Yoko AVS is far better still than the F1. Definitely better grip in the dry, and in the wet, no contest at all, much better.
Ride quality of the AVS is also very good.
As for wear...well...you are putting them on an Evo [img]http://www.ltregister.force9.co.uk/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >
I got 9000 miles and three track days out of my last set, which I thought was pretty good (considering the track use).
I also now run a few pounds over the recommended pressures as ALL tyres wear on the edges on Evo's, you never see them wearing in the middle!
It's worth experimenting with pressures to get the handling right whilst keeping the pressures as high as possible. This way you will get more even wear out of your tyres and therefore hopefully a little more life!
I've now gone for separate wheels and tyres for track days to get maximum street life out of my new Yokos, as I do a lot of track stuff.

Cheers,

Alan.

A. de Vries
09-11-2000, 12:18
what do you pay for those yoko s

i pay 515 pound s for 4 so 2
i must pay 680 pounds for 4 avs yoko s

so thats a lot more is that worth it

put 3 degree negative camber on it then youre otheredge dont wear so much
but its not a nice ride on normal road

markja
09-11-2000, 15:11
Contact Coordsport for Yoko AVS sport tyres.
I just bought two from them at 90 GBP |PLS| VAT each

shorty
09-11-2000, 16:26
Thanks for your comments on this one .
I may try the Yoko's AVs.
I guess its not wise to mix the 2 types, so it looks like the best deal to be had for 4.If theyoko's are crap then i,ll save them for track instead.

cheers

Paul s

shorty
11-11-2000, 14:03
Just been offered 2 brand new SO1s for 150 the pair fitted.
I should be able to mix SO1 with SO2?
Best price I could get for YOKO AVS sport was 123 fitted inc vat
SO2s for around 112.oo fitted inc vat, valve and balanced.

SO1s too good a price to miss

cheers

paul

Johnny
12-11-2000, 13:02
Paul.

I drive a 450bhp Nissan Z32. Pirelli P-Zero`s lasted me a good 12 months with a few track days thrown in.
I changed over to SO2 Pole Positions 265 x 35 x 18 at rear. The front set look in good shape HOWEVER The Rear Set. SET 1 lasted 4 months SET 2
I will be lucky to get 3 months OK I have done several 180mph runs but for Christ Sake I will be contacting Bridgestone direct. Find a balance to your driving style.

Cheers

Johnny @ Grasshopper GPS

takakaira
13-11-2000, 22:57
Paul,

where did you get your SO-2 for 112 inclusive of VAT and fitting? I need 2 and I recently paid for 4 of them at 118 |PLS| VAT six weeks ago. (need to change due to uneven tyre wear-cambers/toe problem Can anyone help with setting?)

I may change all 4 to the Yoko AVS if coordsport still sell them.

Thanks.

Lawrence

shorty
14-11-2000, 13:56
Laurence,

Bathwick tyres swindon wiltshire.
just confirmed price with them,bridgestone so2 205/50/16s
112.00 inc vat valve and balancing, ask for steve.

cheers

Paul s

shorty
14-11-2000, 14:40
tell number

01793 527380.

cheers

paul